Thinking about the NFL Trade Deadline activity

MAJBobby

Normally the NFL Trade Deadline comes and goes with nothing major goin going on around the league due when it falls in the season (many teams still think they have a shot), Cap and people valuing draft picks.

Now that brings me to this year.  Could there be a flurry of activity compared to history.  Reason I think it could be an active deadline.

1.  There are ALOT of 1 and 2 win teams 

2.  Alot of those teams have cap issues going forward with forecasted COVID reduction in the Cap

3.  Because of COVID scouting and such could really be hampered (especially in the mid to later rounds, less recognition schools).

To me it seems to set up for an NFL Trade Deadline that actually might resemble the other Pro Sports Deadlines. (maybe without the Star names being included)

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Normally the NFL Trade Deadline comes and goes with nothing major goin going on around the league due when it falls in the season (many teams still think they have a shot), Cap and people valuing draft picks.

Now that brings me to this year.  Could there be a flurry of activity compared to history.  Reason I think it could be an active deadline.

1.  There are ALOT of 1 and 2 win teams 

2.  Alot of those teams have cap issues going forward with forecasted COVID reduction in the Cap

3.  Because of COVID scouting and such could really be hampered (especially in the mid to later rounds, less recognition schools).

To me it seems to set up for an NFL Trade Deadline that actually might resemble the other Pro Sports Deadlines. (maybe without the Star names being included)

I've had some of those same thoughts.  The question that I'm not sure of though is if it's better to stock pile midround picks or trade for proven players.

It really sucks to be Miami when you think about it they have all those picks for 2021.

NFL trades in general (let alone in season trades) went from uncommon to fairly common the past 4 years or so. It was actually Beane who kind of started getting big time trades going in the NFL when he traded Sammy and Darby just before the season and also traded for KB and traded away Dareus at the deadline.

I think the deadline being pushed back and the teams being less willing to lose players for nothing is opening up the trade market.

Overall I would say that I hope the Bills just add a true one tech. It's a fairly easy low cost add that fills a huge need. 

• Like (+1) 3