First Confirmation of Trent Murphy on the Block Rumors

MAJBobby

23 minutes ago, DDCC said:

It would be in the best interest to trade him. It won’t happen.  We should have traded him before the season that is when he had the most value. Not sure we could get a bag of balls for him.  We should keep him for depth.  Not sure where this rumor started.  

Like you I have serious connections at OBD.

Mine have told me that every NFL team has been calling the Bills and offering all of their best players while keeping their contracts AND giving the Bills draft picks to do so...all to finally sink the Pats (see how I ‘connected the dots’?). 

I hope your insider told you the same. 

Edited by TroutDog

7 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yes one Geno Atkins please and thank you

Oh hell yeah to that, get Fletcher Cox too and we have the best line in the league. Not realistic but nice to dream.

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I said this on another thread.  Murphy and a draft pick for watt or rankins.  My guess is watt then they just cut Murphy to free cap. 

Man !  Watt, Atkins and Cox now im really dreaming !!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

He's in the last year of his deal...how is he costing us $7M in cap space next year?

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't need someone to take his salary off our books if we find a replacement, we just cut him. We've already paid most if not all of his bonuses. We don't need to Brock Osweiller him. 

Because you can roll over cap space from one year to the next.   So the $7M we wouldn't be paying Murphy if he was cut could've been rolled over to '21 and been used to sign a FA or help sign a guy like Milano. 

The Bills basically lit $7M on fire by not cutting Murphy before the season. $$$ they can't get back.  Bad asset management on their one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Estro said:

Only way you can trade Murphy is if you sweeten the pot with a pick IMO.  

Trade Murphy and a 5th and get back a 7th, something like that.  A team would be doing us a favor by taking the $4M off of our books.

Not cutting him prior to the season was a huge mistake and cost us $7M in cap space next yr. that we can't get back.

If Beane gets anything for Murphy without having to sweeten the pot, itd be a great job.

This makes zero sense the guy isn’t under contract next year, why would you give up a draft pick to trade him away? The only way trading him makes sense is to take on a higher longer contract for a player that a team wants to move on from because they want to shed their cap starting next year. 

43 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Only if it’s nacho flavor..cool ranch is gross. 

Well it’s ranch, what else would ya expect.., 😁

So a couple of pucks and a few broken sticks should do it...... right?

Ok wrong sport ;)

A few kicking tees and a few deflated balls might do the trick ;)

Looks like Epenesa is flashing enough to dump the over paid vet :)

19 hours ago, Estro said:

Because you can roll over cap space from one year to the next.   So the $7M we wouldn't be paying Murphy if he was cut could've been rolled over to '21 and been used to sign a FA or help sign a guy like Milano. 

The Bills basically lit $7M on fire by not cutting Murphy before the season. $$$ they can't get back.  Bad asset management on their one.

They made a lot of bad moves this offseason, which is surprising considering how well they built this team. I think they made a philosophical change from big and physical to small and fast and its why we cant run nor stop it.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They made a lot of bad moves this offseason, which is surprising considering how well they built this team. I think they made a philosophical change from big and physical to small and fast and its why we cant run nor stop it.

They might not have known that the NFL was going to eliminate holding for O lineman. That might have shifted the strategy. 

Edited by chknwing334
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This could just be his agent trying to drum up interest since this is going to be his final year with us  He needs another contract. If His agent gets people to think that he is someone who is worth looking into based off of "interest" that could inflate his value a little bit.