First Confirmation of Trent Murphy on the Block Rumors

MAJBobby

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They'll have to eat some salary to move him.  I wonder if Terry is keeping track of the amount of his money Beane has wasted on guys like Corey Coleman, Murphy, etc.

Are we sure.  There are a few teams in rebuild mode that will see that if they cut him the cost next year is very little.  So if you can dump a salary and get someone who isn't hurting cap situation long term its a perfect scenario.  Used more in Bball then football but its same premise. 

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Can trade him now and Get Space Now (that if you dont use you can roll over).  It would be better to move him

True and I agree but like others said, who will want to take on that contract. 

We would probably have to throw in a pick to sweeten the deal 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who would take Murphy’s contract? Would a late rounder be enough to move him? 

Murphy is in the last year of his contract.  Buffalo is already liable for what remained of his prorated bonus figures.  His cash salary is 6.4 million.  His new team would be on the hook for about 3 million, and would have no liability past this year.  That doesn't seem to be an intimidating amount if some team thinks he can help through the last half of the season.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Murphy is in the last year of his contract.  Buffalo is already liable for what remained of his prorated bonus figures.  His cash salary is 6.4 million.  His new team would be on the hook for about 3 million, and would have no liability past this year.  That doesn't seem to be an intimidating amount if some team thinks he can help through the last half of the season.

Exactly why he should of been dumped prior to week 1.  

• Like (+1) 1

Only way you can trade Murphy is if you sweeten the pot with a pick IMO.  

Trade Murphy and a 5th and get back a 7th, something like that.  A team would be doing us a favor by taking the $4M off of our books.

Not cutting him prior to the season was a huge mistake and cost us $7M in cap space next yr. that we can't get back.

If Beane gets anything for Murphy without having to sweeten the pot, itd be a great job.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Thats exactly what I said.  They do it in basketball all the time but for a team like Houston or Atlanta this is a perfect opp to get rid of a salary for next year 

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You guys do realize his contract really isn't very high for a DE. Edge players get PAID people.

He is getting paid like a fringe starter or a high end rotation player and he is performing like a JAG. Never liked Murphy at all, but the Bills won't be able to trade him unless it's part of a salary fill for another deal. I think Buffalo is trying to make a trade to boost the D-line. If you look at the areas where the Bills could improve that's an easy one.

51 minutes ago, Estro said:

Only way you can trade Murphy is if you sweeten the pot with a pick IMO.  

Trade Murphy and a 5th and get back a 7th, something like that.  A team would be doing us a favor by taking the $4M off of our books.

Not cutting him prior to the season was a huge mistake and cost us $7M in cap space next yr. that we can't get back.

If Beane gets anything for Murphy without having to sweeten the pot, itd be a great job.

He's in the last year of his deal...how is he costing us $7M in cap space next year?

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't need someone to take his salary off our books if we find a replacement, we just cut him. We've already paid most if not all of his bonuses. We don't need to Brock Osweiller him. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

McKinley was the guy who went a bit nuts on stage at the draft, right? 

Murphy should have been gone in the offseason. His last 4 games last season were a mirage. He is who we thought he was.

Yup.  Holding a portrait of his Grandmother and yelling the F Word out loud.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I said this on another thread.  Murphy and a draft pick for watt or rankins.  My guess is watt then they just cut Murphy to free cap. 

I mean, midday drinking is cool with me.  

I'd love those suggestions, just no way that happens.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You guys do realize his contract really isn't very high for a DE. Edge players get PAID people.

For a rotational DE who doesn’t have much of an impact ( IMO ) it’s ridiculously high