First Confirmation of Trent Murphy on the Block Rumors

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who would take Murphy’s contract? Would a late rounder be enough to move him? 

I think it would be part of a money in money out deal.  With roughly 3.5M of Murphys contract going back.  I think that increases a pick compensation we would give out for a player by a round.

So Example a Takk McKinley trade might cost a 5th instead of a 6th if we include Murphy going back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If they move him for a late round pick I would have to think it's to create cap space to make another move. I am not sure that late round draft picks have much of a chance of making the team next year, especially if post-COVID the practice squad's shrink and the rules change back to normal.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think it would be part of a money in money out deal.  With roughly 3.5M of Murphys contract going back.  I think that increases a pick compensation we would give out for a player by a round.

So Example a Takk McKinley trade might cost a 5th instead of a 6th if we include Murphy going back

Sounds good to me.

Bring in McKinley!

1 minute ago, BuffaloBobs said:

If they move him for a late round pick I would have to think it's to create cap space to make another move. I am not sure that late round draft picks have much of a chance of making the team next year, especially if post-COVID the practice squad's shrink and the rules change back to normal.

I agree with this.  Add in what looks like an all star game season being cancelled like the East/West Shrine these later round picks next year become even more throwaway picks