Bengals trade Carlos Dunlap to Seattle

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Literally no one on earth is afraid of Seattle.

Russell Wilson is awesome, but we complain about the Bills D.....................

Seattle's D downright putrid.

Jamal Adams has been out for 4 games. They have no pass rush, but they are much better with him in the backfield. I doubt that Dunlap is the answer, but their current DE’s are abysmal at best

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Seattle might beat us by 40 now 

I actually think buffalo matches up with seattle quite well.  We have always had good defense of deep shots.  I think containing metcalf and locket over the top will be something they are capable of doing.  They need to be smart and disciplined with rush lanes against Wilson though, and contain their rushing attack. 

Seattles defense kinda stinks, especially their corners - so putting up points shouldn't be too challenging.  How many theyll need to score will be the challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe we can sign Snacks from their practice squad. I think he was hoping to get added to the Seahawks active roster (turned down a couple of offers), but maybe an acquired DL will help with him being flexible enough to sign elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I actually think buffalo matches up with seattle quite well.  We have always had good defense of deep shots.  I think containing metcalf and locket over the top will be something they are capable of doing.  They need to be smart and disciplined with rush lanes against Wilson though, and contain their rushing attack. 

Seattles defense kinda stinks, especially their corners - so putting up points shouldn't be too challenging.  How many theyll need to score will be the challenge.

Our D got torched by Tannehill running around our awful DEs... Wilson might rush for 100 vs us..  Whose going to guard Metcalf?

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Our D got torched by Tannehill running around our awful DEs... Wilson might rush for 100 vs us..  Whose going to guard Metcalf?

Nobody, it's over.  I mean, he torched Arizona (20th in D) for 2 catches and 23 yards.  The Bills have no chance.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Nobody, it's over.  I mean, he torched Arizona (20th in D) for 2 catches and 23 yards.  The Bills have no chance.

Arizona took him away and Lockett went off for an epic day... So I guess who is going to guard either one?  

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Apparently Geno Atkins may be available as well

Geno is one of those great players that hardly gets talked about.  I hope he gets dealt to a contender.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

You don't watch Seahawks games too much, huh?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are the worst defense in the league....

Bills are not much better.  Two of their 7 games have been against arguably the worst offense in the NFL. Seattle needs DE help more than DT. Bills need both (along with a healthy Milano) in my opinion. Benching Murphy or cutting him outright for a new player is addition by subtraction.  And if H. Phillips has not recovered then they need to find another big body and put him on IR. 

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I agree. They are one dimensional.  They are worse running the ball than Buffalo is. Wilson won't throw three picks against Buffalo. Hopefully we catch them fatigued with west to east travel and Wilson has a slight off night.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Figured what out? From the first part of your statement Im assuming you know that any success you have against an 0-7 team doesnt prove you figured anything out.

That is my point. Who cares they played well against an awful Jets team in the second half. I have read articles about how the D figured it out or Hughes turned it on or xyz. I am more of a believer in the Jets stink.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills are not much better.  Two of their 7 games have been against arguably the worst offense in the NFL. Seattle needs DE help more than DT. Bills need both (along with a healthy Milano) in my opinion. Benching Murphy or cutting him outright for a new player is addition by subtraction.  And if H. Phillips has not recovered then they need to find another big body and put him on IR. 

I agree. They are one dimensional.  They are worse running the ball than Buffalo is. Wilson won't throw three picks against Buffalo. Hopefully we catch them fatigued with west to east travel and Wilson has a slight off night.

If you look at the D vs anyone but the Jets it has been atrocious on a historical level. 

Edited by ngbills

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Maybe we can sign Snacks from their practice squad. I think he was hoping to get added to the Seahawks active roster (turned down a couple of offers), but maybe an acquired DL will help with him being flexible enough to sign elsewhere.

That's who I'd be looking at. He would help the Bills D more than those other guys if he's in shape and ready to play. He's the 1 tech this defense is sorely missing.

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Jamal Adams has been out for 4 games. They have no pass rush, but they are much better with him in the backfield. I doubt that Dunlap is the answer, but their current DE’s are abysmal at best

Strange, because jamal got burnt badly in the two games he played. Yes, he makes big hits and you'll hear his name called a couple times a game, but they weren't any better in the two games they had him. So if 2 games is enough to make a judgement on his effect...well then statistically, they've actually improved since he's been out. 

He’s in his 30’s and Sal said this morning, Seattle will have to take over his $10+ mil. contract.  Not that the deal was done, but that was his cost to get him.  No thanks.  Already made the suggestion on Settle.  Cheap, 5th best run stuffing 1 technique DT, and only costs $800k/yr. for the next two years.  That’s a deal that would work.  He probably wouldn’t cost more than a 6th rounder.  Look him up and as much as I hate to say it, look up the PFF stats.  It’s the only time I’ve actually looked up a player on PFF.