Carlos Dunlap told to "stay home" by Bengals

Mr. K

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was getting ready to post this but then I did a quick search.  You see everyone how this works?

If we cut lets say Murphy, would we have enough room to get him?

Not in season. Bills have very little room to pick up a new contract with money due this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I was getting ready to post this but then I did a quick search.  You see everyone how this works?

If we cut lets say Murphy, would we have enough room to get him?

At this point you save Murphy’s game checks. I think he started the season projected to make $7.5 mil(someone check my figures if I am wrong I apologize) he already has been paid 7 of the 16 games worth that. So you would roughly free up $4 million. 

• Like (+1) 1

Depends on how the Bills view him for this year but then also moving forward. Is this someone you want to have after this season? Trade and rework his contract - bonuses are spread out over up to 5 years of time. If it's just for this year, I'm not sure he's worth it - Murphy might not be a Pro-bowler, but he's not exactly uesless. You'd have a better chance of convincing me we go after Watt. 

There have been interesting rumblings about teams having mini-fire sales but being super stingy on players/costs. It'll be interesting. Jets/Giants/Pats/Vikings/Texans all mentioned. There are some interesting pieces I could give up later draft picks for among those teams.

50 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30208585/sources-cincinnati-bengals-tell-carlos-dunlap-stay-home-amid-trade-talks

Huge cap hit so I don't know if the Bills are going to try to make a move here seeing as they already pay the d-line too much. 

Side note: Its nice to be on this side of the conversation.

Barely enough room to fit the contract this year.  Will have to move Money out, to make it happen.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/carlos-dunlap-6562/

33 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If he gets cut , which is likely to happen by Bengals, perhaps we kick the tires. I don't think anyone is trading for him.

Raiders?

In my opinion, we need a big space eater in the middle (like Star) to take the pressure off of everyone else.  If we can get one, big if I know, everyone around him will look better.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. K said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30208585/sources-cincinnati-bengals-tell-carlos-dunlap-stay-home-amid-trade-talks

Huge cap hit so I don't know if the Bills are going to try to make a move here seeing as they already pay the d-line too much. 

Side note: Its nice to be on this side of the conversation.

Traded to Seahawks

• Thank you (+1) 1

Uggh. Seattle lacking a pass rush and they make a move. Yannick gone; Griffen gone; Dunlap gone. Any of these three could have been had and all would have helped this team. And its not about salary cap. BAL had less space than us and Seattle around the same. 

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Uggh. Seattle lacking a pass rush and they make a move. Yannick gone; Griffen gone; Dunlap gone. Any of these three could have been had and all would have helped this team. And its not about salary cap. BAL had less space than us and Seattle around the same. 

what position do you think is our bigger problem right now, DE or DT?