Philly peacefull protests

Gary M

50 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Was this a "hands up don't shoot" or a "I can't breath" situation that they are protesting?

Just curious

why don;'t you just wear a KKK costume for halloween, I'm sure you're ready to dust that old thing off

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Plano said:

why don;'t you just wear a KKK costume for halloween, I'm sure you're ready to dust that old thing off

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Just trying to understand why they are "peacefully protesting"

Bad guy disobeys officers legal orders, charges them with a weapon and gets shot, what is there to "peacefully protest" about?

What am I missing?

7 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

It's not a peaceful protest till you run down the street with a stolen dryer.

In your new Air Jordans

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Plano said:

So if you question a violent riot now you are KKK? What kind of response is that? Just shows you are intellectually vapid and only have name calling in defense of your thoughts 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So if you question a violent riot now you are KKK? What kind of response is that? Just shows you are intellectually vapid and only have name calling in defense of your thoughts 

Cletus, I'm kidding.

MUGUH

The bad guy as you put it was a black man with a known history of bipolar disorder.  The family apparently was telling the police that.  Now if I'm the policeman and a guy is charging right at me with a knife I amy have no other choice.  But why can't steps be taken beforehand to de-escalate things?

42 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The bad guy as you put it was a black man with a known history of bipolar disorder.  The family apparently was telling the police that.  Now if I'm the policeman and a guy is charging right at me with a knife I amy have no other choice.  But why can't steps be taken beforehand to de-escalate things?

Why don't you volunteer to be a health worker in the new friendlier police dept?

On a practical level, if a social worker responds to that scene, he or she is likely stabbed to death.  I don't know of any social worker who's going to make a career of entering situations like that unarmed.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If de-escalating is so easy the family could have done it, but I'm thinking they called the police.

• Like (+1) 1

If his loved ones could not calm him down, what luck would a stranger have?

• Like (+1) 1

There's always an excuse.  Maybe the issue is the local and state health agencies should not be setting people with mental issues problems loose in the communities they serve?

So the cops shoot knife wielding guy that comes at them.  Queue the automatic conclusion the police acted improperly along with the standard looting and rioting.  And then the likely blow back.  My guess is this will impact enough voters that Pennsylvania will likely fall into the Trump win column next week.  Well played BLM idiots, well played.

Maybe they can start some riots in Michigan later this week?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's always an excuse.  Maybe the issue is the local and state health agencies should not be setting people with mental issues problems loose in the communities they serve?

We can't institutionalize people, it's bad for their self esteem.

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So the cops shoot knife wielding guy that comes at them.  Queue the automatic conclusion the police acted improperly along with the standard looting and rioting.  And then the likely blow back.  My guess is this will impact enough voters that Pennsylvania will likely fall into the Trump win column next week.  Well played BLM idiots, well played.

Maybe they can start some riots in Michigan later this week?

Maybe they did.  I am all for more mental health counseling and more professionals and earlier intervention.  as I said above if I'm the policeman and a guy is running at me with a knife I don't have much choice.  Tasers?  Shoot lower ?  I would like to hear from professional law officers as to how that might occur.

As for it affecting the election, dream on.  There aren't many minds that aren't made up and Trump is losing.  Every night he goes on TV dismissing his own health officials advice on Covid and putting people in harm's way reminds voters just how terrible a job he's done.  He's going down, and nothing is going to change that now.

• Like (+1) 1