Bad weather expected for Sunday

6 hours ago, H2o said:

I still believe this favors us. Josh has the arm to cut through the wind. Cam's arm looks dang near shot out there. We should load the box against the run and see if Cam can beat us throwing the football. Allen can throw those underneath and intermediate routes all day long. This is a different team we are facing than pervious year. I'm not going to go out and bet $15,000 on the game like StHustle or anything like that, but I like our chances .

I use to be a believer in the "strong arm = good in bad weather" theory. 

But now I'm wondering. It seems like Josh, despite the arm, doesn't really excel in bad weather.

And that some weaker armed QBs are the opposite. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone have stats on bad weather vs. good weather and QB performance? Or even anecdotal evidence? On the latter, my hunch is that Russell Wilson is superb in the rain/wind that's a frequent occurrence in Seattle, and we all know Drew Brees likes his climate controlled dome. But going way, way back, I have a distinct memory of weak-armed Fran Tarkenton excelling in the Minnesota snow and rocket-armed John Elway being kind of meh in bad weather. Not to mention Nathan Peterman's finest moment coming in that big snow game. My feeling now is that success in bad weather is more about timing and playing within the limitations the weather gives you, and not so much on arm strength, etc. But please prove me wrong!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What sucks is the bad weather brings the lesser team to a level playing field almost. For once, we are the better team. This sucks. I want a real game to just smash this ***** team.

Not this Sunday- Allen can rip the ball thru the wind and Cam, if plays, Shoulder is shot. They have no run D- pound the rock, take shots, dont turn it over.

1 hour ago, RussellDopeland said:

God, the whining in these types of threads is ridiculous. I remember in 1990 freezing my a$$ off watching the Bills pummel the Cardinals at the stadium- November game. Worst weather imaginable- snow, sleet, ice, 40 mph winds. Kelly threw 4 TDS and we put 45 points on the board, in spite of fact that the field looked like a ice-glazed parking lot. Quit 'ur b!tchin!a.thumb.jpg.13671005c2041b0b71cc7ce5f637cb53.jpg 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was there. Didn't the Bills score a safety when a Cardinals punt blew backwards out of the end zone?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I was there too. Probably worst weather game ever and I was at Jets game with -30 WC 

When afternoon came, it was freezing rain, in the face of a hurricane west wind.

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He has a strong arm to throw it in the wind but he hasn't proven that he can adjust for the wind. Whenever it's windy he hasn't played well 

I agree.  Eagles game last year was one of his worst of year 2.  Certain types of touch throws are out.  Deep shots are tough to calibrate.  Pass catchers will see the path of the change and need to react quickly to it.   Hands only catches are tougher. 

Shallow crosses with a rub, screens, some gashes in the run game and QB scrambles were what the Eagles did well that game.

2 hours ago, RussellDopeland said:

God, the whining in these types of threads is ridiculous. I remember in 1990 freezing my a$$ off watching the Bills pummel the Cardinals at the stadium- November game. Worst weather imaginable- snow, sleet, ice, 40 mph winds. Kelly threw 4 TDS and we put 45 points on the board, in spite of fact that the field looked like a ice-glazed parking lot. Quit 'ur b!tchin!a.thumb.jpg.13671005c2041b0b71cc7ce5f637cb53.jpg 

This one have the backward punt?  Oops.  Promo in with it first.   Temp was in the high 30s and the wind made staying dry impossible.  Hypothermia was a concern.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Weather decreases variance. Decreasing variance favors the worse team. Anyone who thinks 40mph winds swirling around the stadium favors the bills is wrong. 

Weather playing a role in games is annoying. Build a dome. 

If the Bills know more about the wind currents than their opponents then it could be.  I think I heard T Bass make some reference to charts of stadium wind currents.  Can't say that they have ever played any windy games over the last 15 years or so where the Bills looked to be calling plays with any special wisdom.

We finally have a team with a few offensive weapons and no dome.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Weather decreases variance. Decreasing variance favors the worse team. Anyone who thinks 40mph winds swirling around the stadium favors the bills is wrong. 

Weather playing a role in games is annoying. Build a dome. 

Just start plans for a new dome stadium. Wind & Rain are weekly.

If Brady were still playing for the Pats I'd say this was an advantage for the Patriots. However, Newton hasent exactly had a ton of experience with bad weather coming from Carolina. I actually think the bills will have an advantage with this. 

With our corners a bit banged up, this is probably not as much of an equalizer for the Pats as we think (plus, their secondary is their strength).

We need to use Moss more, and get Singletary in space.  I'll also be supportive of more designed runs from Allen this game - only this once.

Anything but a win is unacceptable. Everyone in the Bills organization must have this attitude.  My joy for life is entirely dependent on this.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That one Giants game in '07?? where it was like 32 and rain was pretty bad.  Once you're body is wet you're done.

Oh I remember that game my friend got me a ticket into the all you can drink club section. Speaking of done when you are wet I mirrored the Bills performance that day...Strong start out the gate but asleep by 3:30

22 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Oh I remember that game my friend got me a ticket into the all you can drink club section. Speaking of done when you are wet I mirrored the Bills performance that day...Strong start out the gate but asleep by 3:30

That's right.  They started out strong and then the storm came.  Very strange game.  I stripped my clothes off back at the car and me and my buddy drove home with the heat cranked up in our boxers.