Bad weather expected for Sunday

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

I still believe this favors us. Josh has the arm to cut through the wind. Cam's arm looks dang near shot out there. We should load the box against the run and see if Cam can beat us throwing the football. Allen can throw those underneath and intermediate routes all day long. This is a different team we are facing than pervious year. I'm not going to go out and bet $15,000 on the game like StHustle or anything like that, but I like our chances .

Cam seems to still have some arm strength, but he's actually struggled more throwing short.  When he has to take something off he's just scattershot - and they have like no deep threats.  I expect them to just hammer the run game a lot in this one.  

4 minutes ago, CBennett said:

Depends on strengths/weaknesses of your team....for a all around team like say the Titans who can run or pass its no disadvantage..for the Bills..was this last game looking good running Vs other teams because of the Jets?? or because they finally got the running game going? Jets DL against the run is their strength..

I think we'll see allen under center more.  We run better out of those formations and from a passing perspective it can help him get more space and easier reads since its going to be more challenging to complete passes. 

3rd and long, expect big 0 blitzes from NE since they need them to generate pressure and they trust their DBs.  I liked what i saw from pass protection out of the backs - roll 4 wide on those downs.  Expect NE to play disciplined rush lanes so Allen will have to stay in the pocket and make quick throws.  Some quirks you could do would be to put Diggs in the slot with bease if brown is healthy. So you could roll davis - diggs - bease - brown across the formation.  If they want to follow diggs with gilmore take away the sideline advantage in press man.

Edited by dneveu

We need to play the Pats very physical and tough like the 49ers did. If we show up and play flag football it’s over. Beat them down and we win this game. Are the 2020 Buffalo Bills a physical football team? 

We are about to find out this Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Cant run the ball, now the conditions favor the run. lol

I think we absolutely CAN run it. We just choose to do dumb things. No handoffs for the first what, 15 plays last game? I think Moss looked good. I like his vision and how he got to the hole then cut. I’d start him and see if he can go 15-20 caries. Also I’d have Allen run a lot (especially against a Belichick defense) but I know how polarizing that opinion is.

The Pats are having trouble stopping runs outside the tackles.  I expect more yards from Motor and Moss  and some designed Josh runs.  We drafted Josh knowing we needed a strong armed guy when the weather gets bad.  So I expect us to be OK on that side of the ball.

The defense needs to continue what it did second half of last week.   Play with energy and purpose.  I don’t know what McD said/screamed at them at half time but sure as hell worked.  Jam the box and make Newton and his weak receiving corps try to beat you on a lousy weather day.

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bad weather = good for teams that can run the ball. 

sucks for us

The best teams are chameleans...they can do both well when and if they need to.  The Bills have not proven they cant run the ball, rather they have been one dimensional on purpose.

11 minutes ago, Frez said:

We need to play the Pats very physical and tough like the 49ers did. If we show up and play flag football it’s over. Beat them down and we win this game. Are the 2020 Buffalo Bills a physical football team? 

We are about to find out this Sunday. 

I think the Titans game answered your question. These are issues that will need to be addressed in the offseason but Beane needs to improve the lines on both sides of the ball.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Buffalo+NY?canonicalCityId=60f9a2ed365f6f8cebd4cf543557cb60f0d1129208900298e1e3e6fd704009b2

Rain showers along with windy conditions. Morning high of 51F with temps falling to near 40. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

It's Buffalo and it's November.  By far the worst month of the year here.  Cloudy, gloomy and cold pretty much all month long, sun is out for an average of 28% of the time, lowest of any month. So this type of weather should not be surprising, it is actually the norm rather than the exception.

Edited by matter2003

I am not sure who it favors at this point.  I think it comes down to who can stop the run.  The Patriots are going to test us up front.  I think with Milano being back will help.  (Saw some reports about Dallas being a trading partner) if we can stop the run and force them to long third down, we might have a chance.  On offense we were already going to pound the ball.  Anticipate Singletary to go over the century mark.  Definitely want to take the pressure off Josh.  McDermott understands it is a mental thing with Josh and Yoda.  He will protect him.  I don’t think we will see anymore reverses in the red zone anymore.  We want to pound the ball in.