Dontari Poe to be released by Cowboys

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

With the expanded PSs this year, I’m finding it difficult to understand why Beane can’t find some big, fat space eater stashed somewhere In the league. I may be wrong, but it sounds skill takes a back seat to size here. Plus, the guy would be youngish and hold more promise. Maybe Beane isn’t looking?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Coach Kuechly? Sign me up.

I do think we need an upgrade in the LB coaching ranks. Something isn’t quite right there. Edmunds shouldn’t be making the same mistakes week in and week out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

With the expanded PSs this year, I’m finding it difficult to understand why Beane can’t find some big, fat space eater stashed somewhere In the league. I may be wrong, but it sounds skill takes a back seat to size here. Plus, the guy would be youngish and hold more promise. Maybe Beane isn’t looking?

It comes down to a lot more than just size.  

Just because a guy weights a lot, doesn't mean he has the strength or playing leverage to manage double-teams. 

Generally speaking, the larger DTs are more successful at the 1-Tech spots, because it's a lot harder to move a 350+ pound Nose Tackle than someone "undersized" like the 287 pound Ed Oliver.  Most of the big guys also lack the burst off the snap to get into the backfield, making them less than ideal at the 3-Tech.  But that's not always the case.  Aaron Donald is around the same size as Oliver, but regularly destroys double-teams.

With that said, I don't generally trust analytic "rankings" of the 1-Tech position.  If a guy's job is to occupy blockers, and graders only award points for getting penetration into the backfield, that guy will probably get a bad grade for just doing his job (see Star Lotulelei).  I don't know if Dontari Poe would be a good signing at this point or not.

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Pass. He’s another Jordan Phillips—for all his size and athleticism he’s a lousy run defender.

PFR has Worley allowing a passer rating of 154 this year 😲

That's ridiculous. It must be like 1 TD catch in 1 pass defended, right? I mean, how could you play significant snaps and have opposing QBs post a perfect rating against you?

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's ridiculous. It must be like 1 TD catch in 1 pass defended, right? I mean, how could you play significant snaps and have opposing QBs post a perfect rating against you?

Targeting Worley, opposing QBs are 8/11 for 175 yards and 3 TDs

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Targeting Worley, opposing QBs are 8/11 for 175 yards and 3 TDs

Holy crap. It's like he's covering Deandre Hopkins every week. Or Gronk in his prime every trip to the red zone. 

I never thought I'd say let's stick with Josh Norman and Taron Johnson, but ... let's just stick with Josh Norman and Taron Johnson.

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Just saw this news here 8 hours ago. Check the board before you post and if you post news provide a link

Lol come on, only 8 hours late.. Who reads the board when they have breaking news to hurry and post 😂😂😂😂

• Thank you (+1) 1