Dontari Poe to be released by Cowboys

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

If he is still big and fat and can occupy blockers, he would help our dline. I think this would be a good low risk signing. 

If Poe can just maintain his position and tie up his man at the LOS while not getting pushed back 5 yards on every down then he'd be an improvement over the DT group's performance to date. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am getting more and more Sold that the Bills are not going to do anything this trade deadline.

I think they are in a position that they are going to want to keep their draft picks, because we are going to be getting to a point next year that we will need rookie contracts and contributions as we move older veterans off the roster (because we just do not have the cap space).

The Extra 5th we have would be perfect compensation for Poe.

1 Bills original selection

2 Bills original selection

3 Bills original selection

5 Acquired from Raiders for Zay Jones

5 Bills original selection

6 Bills original selection

7 Bills original selection

7* Acquired from Panthers for Marshall Newhouse

Getting Poe - on a cheap contract - and in a rotational role.... Honestly that sounds great.

Everyone rips on some players for being "bad run defenders" or not showing up on the stat sheet (small shout out to our big man sitting home for the season - you're under appreciated).

Just for reference - here are 3 players - one is playing 45% of Def snaps - another 55% and another 65%  - Guess the order (you can guess the names as well if you'd like)

image.thumb.png.f5654c5efaedfc422521d16f1fbc5687.png

I would take a hard look at Poe -- we don't have anyone filling that space eater role successfully and it's a role that he could fill even if his athleticism is diminishing in terms of his ability to rush the passer.

If he's released and can be acquired for nothing it is totally worth taking a look at.

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

Didn't the Panthers have a historically bad defense last year?  We already have Butler and Addison from that defense.  Would Poe really be of any help (a third defensive lineman from that team)?

I think you need to decide if he would be better or worse than Zimmer 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope but he did with their DL Coach Washington

If Washington thinks he can still play (he was great in KC), and they can get him for the rest of the season as a FA, I would definitely be interested.  The "window" doesn't stay open forever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

If Washington thinks he can still play (he was great in KC), and they can get him for the rest of the season as a FA, I would definitely be interested.  The "window" doesn't stay open forever.

I wouldnt even wait until he is cut.  We have an extra 7th and extra 5th. 

They sold off Griffen for a 6th, so Send the extra 7th or up to the extra 5th (if needed) to secure him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I wouldnt even wait until he is cut.  We have an extra 7th and extra 5th. 

They sold off Griffen for a 6th, so Send the extra 7th or up to the extra 5th (if needed) to secure him.

I am not so good with cap suff.… if we traded for him, how much of his 2020 salary are we responsible for?  Last I heard, we only had about 3.5mill in cap space.  A guy like him would most likely eat that up pretty quick.

Just now, Buftex said:

I am not so good with cap suff.… if we traded for him, how much of his 2020 salary are we responsible for?  Last I heard, we only had about 3.5mill in cap space.  A guy like him would most likely eat that up pretty quick.

About 1.125M left to pay.  

So with 4.7M in space it can fit easy

• Like (+1) 1