Sean McDermott is the 2nd Best Coach in Bills History

LB48

38 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

He's not.  And I don't know about you but I don't really think two first round exits is much to hang your hat on when you're talking about a franchise that's been around for 60 years.  He certainly has the team trending in the right direction but let's wait a few more seasons before we crown him king.

Look at the previous 17 years of ZERO playoffs, then our repeated presence (apparently 3 of 4) in the playoffs. Focus. He’s gotten us to a place we had not been in a LOOOONG time, and we look better than we can remember. We are #1 in the AFCE. No guarantee we finish there, but the whining is tiresome in light of the facts. 

Progress. I’m all for progress. Nobody is crowning a king. 

Edited by Augie

He still has a long road to beat out Levy. Levy won a TON of games. And he won lots of playoff games too. McDermott has not won a playoff game yet.

But let's hope, in the end, he turns out to be the best coach in Bills history.

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

Man I’m glad someone said that about marv. I always thought the same thing but was scared to get roasted on here if you say anything about kelly or any of the 90’ bills. But my thing on marv was we should of never lost that super bowl against the Gmen. If marv would of sucked it up and just ran Thurman we would of won that game. 

We should have won a couple of Super Bowls but Marv believed in his players too much and basically followed what they told him.

50 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Ok... I’m stoned and back in what year?

2006... 2010... 2013...? 

Which one was the most preposterous Forum trolling ever done about phantom accomplishments for Bills Coaches, GMs or QBs?

McDermott hasn’t accomplished jack. Has a 15% winning percentage v.s. Playoff teams of the same year!

Led the Bills to 0 Division Titles, 0 SBs, 0 AFC Championships & 0 Playoff Wins!

C’mon man....We’re laughing at you.

You're being naive.  Look at the past 20 years in Bills history and think about it.

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

2006... 2010... 2013...? 

Which one was the most preposterous Forum trolling ever done about phantom accomplishments for Bills Coaches, GMs or QBs?

McDermott hasn’t accomplished jack. Has a 15% winning percentage v.s. Playoff teams of the same year!

Led the Bills to 0 Division Titles, 0 SBs, 0 AFC Championships & 0 Playoff Wins!

He's also 0-6 against Bill Belichick.

Though maybe that changes on Sunday.   Let's hope so.

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

2006... 2010... 2013...? 

Laugh, laugh, I thought I'd die
It seemed so funny to me

55 minutes ago, LB48 said:

We should have won a couple of Super Bowls but Marv believed in his players too much and basically followed what they told him.

You're being naive.  Look at the past 20 years in Bills history and think about it.

Holy Christ! 

Pot meet kettle. Yet another ridiculous thread from you. Posters who follow football are coming to your rescue yet again, but you should seriously contemplate not starting new threads until you conquer the hallucinations which haunt you.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Holy Christ! 

Pot meet kettle. Yet another ridiculous thread from you. Posters who follow football are coming to your rescue yet again, but you should seriously contemplate not starting new threads until you conquer the hallucinations which haunt you.

lol.... Gotta love your attitude #81..... and so well articulated!

• Like (+1) 1

25-23 in the first 3 years and so many have annointed him.  This really is a joke (or the expectations so low)?

Again last year the Bills played a joke of a schedule.  He somehow was able to go through his first three years without his team throwing for 300 yards (yep my preoccupation, but no other team went more then 17 games without accomplishing this simple task and McD's team went 48 games!!!).  Offense ranked 30,29 & 24, while playing the 21,27 & 27th Strength of Schedule the past three years.....    

I'm admittedley much happier with McD this year, but wasn't happy vs. Tenn & KC, and thus the next 3 weeks are important.   

To put him anywhere near Wade, Marv, Lou or Chuck is a joke.

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

25-23 in the first 3 years and so many have annointed him.  This really is a joke (or the expectations so low)?

Again last year the Bills played a joke of a schedule.  He somehow was able to go through his first three years without his team throwing for 300 yards (yep my preoccupation, but no other team went more then 17 games without accomplishing this simple task and McD's team went 48 games!!!).  Offense ranked 30,29 & 24, while playing the 21,27 & 27th Strength of Schedule the past three years.....    

I'm admittedley much happier with McD this year, but wasn't happy vs. Tenn & KC, and thus the next 3 weeks are important.   

To put him anywhere near Wade, Marv, Lou or Chuck is a joke.

Could we also say then that the Patriots dynasty was then overrated. The last 20 years the AFCE was the Pats, Moe, Larry, and Curly. NE would beat up the division then at least go 5-5 6-4 in their non-division games which would give them 12 wins or so and homefield for the playoffs. Yes the Pats won in the playoffs and won many Super Bowls but they had it very easy playing in the AFCE these past 20 years.

9 hours ago, 97bills said:

Man I’m glad someone said that about marv. I always thought the same thing but was scared to get roasted on here if you say anything about kelly or any of the 90’ bills. But my thing on marv was we should of never lost that super bowl against the Gmen. If marv would of sucked it up and just ran Thurman we would of won that game. 

This is the absolute truth. He didn’t have the the guts or maybe football knowledge. He was out coached, he couldn’t tell Marchibroda to run Thurman till they had to adjust their “D” to stop him. Should have never come down to Norwood. Any other decent coach wins that game...

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Holy Christ! 

Always wonderful when a poster ridicules another because he doesn’t agree with him. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make it ridiculous, it also has spurred a good conversation. 

32 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Could we also say then that the Patriots dynasty was then overrated. The last 20 years the AFCE was the Pats, Moe, Larry, and Curly. NE would beat up the division then at least go 5-5 6-4 in their non-division games which would give them 12 wins or so and homefield for the playoffs. Yes the Pats won in the playoffs and won many Super Bowls but they had it very easy playing in the AFCE these past 20 years.

If using Streength of Schedule the Bills are the one's actually benefitting playing NE 2X/yr or thbey'd be weaker.  Also NE plays the first place schedule.

27 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

This is the absolute truth. He didn’t have the the guts or maybe football knowledge. He was out coached, he couldn’t tell Marchibroda to run Thurman till they had to adjust their “D” to stop him. Should have never come down to Norwood. Any other decent coach wins that game...

Always wonderful when a poster ridicules another because he doesn’t agree with him. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make it ridiculous, it also has spurred a good conversation. 

How so.....  Brouught up other coaches & the top 4 are pretty much no doubters right now.  McD at 25-23 (now 30-25) without a signature win & a 3-17 record vs. playoff teams is not close & really a silly premise.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

If using Streength of Schedule the Bills are the one's actually benefitting playing NE 2X/yr or thbey'd be weaker.  Also NE plays the first place schedule.

How so.....  Brouught up other coaches & the top 4 are pretty much no doubters right now.  McD at 25-23 (now 30-25) without a signature win & a 3-17 record vs. playoff teams is not close & really a silly premise.

I'm not saying the Pats weren't good obviously they had a great run. Playing in the AFCE they were guaranteed to win the division and get the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC. They basically drove over the Bills, Jets, Dolphins like they were little speed bumps a combined 6 times. They were basically gifted 5 or 6 wins every year. It wasn't that hard for them to get 12 or 13 wins. You give Belichick 2 weeks to prepare for opponent he would never lose as NE never had to play WC weekend.  Again the Pats were very good but they were almost automatic to be in the AFC championship every year. Its not like the AFCN where Pitt and Bal would kick the crap out of each other fighting for the division.

• Like (+1) 1