Eddie O had a great game vs Jets... he might have something extra for Cam

YoloinOhio

He's a completely different animal without that knee brace.

He didn't even look out of place playing End at times during that game.

I loved the spin move he flashed right before he banged heads with three Jet Linemen and collapsed the pocket into Darnold's face that forced a bad throw that the new kid on the Corner picked off right before halftime.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

People are still a little uncertain about Ed (me included) You want to make a name for yourself and get on all the Bills fans good side permanently? Go show up big against this team. Go be a factor in the win that nails the coffin shut on these #######s. Finish them now. End the dynasty for good.

Please

Ed is not responsible for destroying the Pats. That's up to the whole Bills team.

Not certain about Ed yet? That's on you. 

What he needs to do is be healthy and play like a healthy Ed Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Bills win by 10+

Was more nervous for the jets game. Wtf is cam gonna do ? Pass ? Hopefully ... Rejoice everyone

Even if our defense is still middling, there is no way Pats offense can outscore us assuming we punch it into the redzone when we are down there

Ed played great Sunday. He also played really well weeks 1 and 2, the first half against the Rams and he made a couple of splash plays the second half in Oakland. He was asked against Kansas City and somewhat against Tennessee to do a different job for the team. 

I am the biggest Ed Oliver fan going but I would really like to see him now start to find that consistency in his game. He is halfway through year 2. We have seen his ability flash in games and part of games plenty. Now it is time for him to start to put that together consistently for a run of 4 or 5 weeks. If he can do that he will finally shut the naysayers up for good. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

FWIW “The Athletic” has a writer that puts out a whole list, position by position, on his standout performers for the week. 

EO, Chris Jones and Donald were the 3 names mentioned for interior DL. 

DI Ed Oliver, Bills

No interior player muddied the pocket more than Ed Oliver did in Week 7. While he didn’t lead the group in pressures — he was second to Grady Jarrett — he consistently pushed his blocker into the pocket and prevented Sam Darnold from stepping into his throws or sliding to escape edge pressure. Oliver’s role as a pressure-enabler was a big part of the day that Trent Murphy, Quinton Jefferson and Mario Addison had. He also did a fairly good job corralling Frank Gore and La’Mical Perine, though his role in the run game was also primarily as a player squeezing lanes and forcing running backs outside. Oliver, for the most part, played an excellent game buried beneath the statistics of his teammates

Oliver needs to do that against a team with an Online that doesn't suck then I'll buy it.

We brought Ed Oliver in to be a 3-tech. When he plays 3t, he play's pretty well. I can't help but wonder how he would be with Star in there. Maybe QJ or Butler step up and become even a "good" 1T. 

He is still only 22 and I think he will be a great get for us, ultimately. Just need more consistency and see him more at 3T.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Simon said:

He's a completely different animal without that knee brace.

He didn't even look out of place playing End at times during that game.

I loved the spin move he flashed right before he banged heads with three Jet Linemen and collapsed the pocket into Darnold's face that forced a bad throw that the new kid on the Corner picked off right before halftime.

^this...an uninhibited Ed Oliver is one bad dude

2 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Oliver needs to do that against a team with an Online that doesn't suck then I'll buy it.

He played a really good first half against the Rams oline who definitely don't suck. It think with Ed it just comes down to him needing to be consistent. When he is on he is crushing pockets for us (and at times being let down by the edge guys who are leaving lanes for QBs to escape out of the sides) but from game to game and at time even in games he is not yet consistent enough. I still have a feeling that when it all clicks he is going to be a monster. Because the moments when he is on..... he is really hard to block.