Eddie O had a great game vs Jets... he might have something extra for Cam

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure how long ago Newton said that, but I’m quite sure Oliver is the last person on his mind right now 

It was last year, the week they had joint practices with the panthers. Then cam never even played in the preseason game that ensued. So this is the first time Ed will face him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure how long ago Newton said that, but I’m quite sure Oliver is the last person on his mind right now 

Hopefully come Sunday Oliver is the first thing in Cams face. I really hope we beat the dog poop out of The Pats with Cam playing the entire game. It will be so nice watching Belichick and Cam meltdown together.

BTW where are all the Pats fans who have historically come on this board?! 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Plano said:

cam will be benched at halftime

But....................

will he retire? 

Sorry. That just never gets old to me! I mean, WTF? 

It’s funny what happens when you have the ability to play players in a position where they are poised for success. I see the problems, but I also see the progress. We’re not “front runners”, but we are contenders. Get hot at the right time, who knows? 

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Hopefully come Sunday Oliver is the first thing in Cams face. I really hope we beat the dog poop out of The Pats with Cam playing the entire game. It will be so nice watching Belichick and Cam meltdown together.

I’m pretty sure the ones remaining don’t even have internet 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

In Central Florida.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

FWIW “The Athletic” has a writer that puts out a whole list, position by position, on his standout performers for the week. 

EO, Chris Jones and Donald were the 3 names mentioned for interior DL. 

DI Ed Oliver, Bills

No interior player muddied the pocket more than Ed Oliver did in Week 7. While he didn’t lead the group in pressures — he was second to Grady Jarrett — he consistently pushed his blocker into the pocket and prevented Sam Darnold from stepping into his throws or sliding to escape edge pressure. Oliver’s role as a pressure-enabler was a big part of the day that Trent Murphy, Quinton Jefferson and Mario Addison had. He also did a fairly good job corralling Frank Gore and La’Mical Perine, though his role in the run game was also primarily as a player squeezing lanes and forcing running backs outside. Oliver, for the most part, played an excellent game buried beneath the statistics of his teammates

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

FWIW “The Athletic” has a writer that puts out a whole list, position by position, on his standout performers for the week. 

EO, Chris Jones and Donald were the 3 names mentioned for interior DL. 

DI Ed Oliver, Bills

No interior player muddied the pocket more than Ed Oliver did in Week 7. While he didn’t lead the group in pressures — he was second to Grady Jarrett — he consistently pushed his blocker into the pocket and prevented Sam Darnold from stepping into his throws or sliding to escape edge pressure. Oliver’s role as a pressure-enabler was a big part of the day that Trent Murphy, Quinton Jefferson and Mario Addison had. He also did a fairly good job corralling Frank Gore and La’Mical Perine, though his role in the run game was also primarily as a player squeezing lanes and forcing running backs outside. Oliver, for the most part, played an excellent game buried beneath the statistics of his teammates

Him dealing with an injury early on might end up being a bit of a smokescreen for how good he'll be this year.