Bills historically bad on 3rd down defense conversion rate

BillsMafi$

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

When the Jets converted on 3rd and 20 I went straight to the kitchen to drink a glass of bleach. Thankfully we were out of bleach and the rest of the game turned out ok

You shouldn't do that, no matter what anybody says........🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

When the Jets converted on 3rd and 20 I went straight to the kitchen to drink a glass of bleach. Thankfully we were out of bleach and the rest of the game turned out ok

Oh man, if you drank the bleach you could have killed COVID.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I dont know much but DC who drop everyone back into zone coverage and allow these 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 20 conversions to happen bc the QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball drives me wild. Id rather be burned bc we blitzed than to sit back and have them convert anyway.

Blitz more on 3rd and long please. 

I love this fan base.

When we are losing, we gotta figure out how we are winning.  

When we are winning we gotta figure out how we are losing. 

let’s go Bills. Happy to lose moral victories all the way to the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Through 6 games, Buffalos defensive 3rd down rate would rank 6th worst since In NFL history since 1991

Not quite true as there are 2 teams worse this year - including Tennessee - who is dead last at over 60%.

There are also 5 teams within 0.5% or about 1 first down right now.  Also looking at the data - the majority of teams are significantly worse - so maybe rather than historical review - we try to understand that without preseason and fans - most defenses are struggling and are trying to figure out how to get fired up to make plays.

This is a unique year and we are already seeing many NFL norms falter because of the pandemic.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m more concerned with the downtick in scoring on offense than this. It’s a weird year for defenses around the league. Even the elite - Steelers - got their pants pulled down in the 2nd half vs the titans. Just score, baby. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m more concerned with the downtick in scoring on offense than this. It’s a weird year for defenses around the league. Even the elite - Steelers - got their pants pulled down in the 2nd half vs the titans. Just score, baby. 

Yeah, the general narrative around the league is its a bad year for Defensive play. That's okay if (even fun) it its Dallas or Seattle, but not so much fun when it affects our guys too. .... Hopefully the 2nd half of the last game was the turn around. This Sunday will be more truth-telling, can we keep the Pats from running it down our throats ????