Rewatched the Jets game, not good for Edmunds.

TwistofFate

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I realize you are just using broadcast footage but your analysis of Perine first down run from the 45 @00:58 is almost comically wrong

Edmunds fits for run and Milano just doesn't scrape...that's what happened with that play. Very basic concept

This is correct.  Edmunds takes away the outside lane, as that is the flow and fit of the run.  Milano got stood up by the Guard, who snuck straight to the second level.  I bet he doesn't get there if Star is in the middle.

...Anyway.  Why is this hard?

• Like (+1) 2

If you really want to see what a 1st round LB looks like, watch Devin White from Tampa Bay....all the kid does is make plays...impact plays....since his rookie year last year.  That is the expectation I have for Tremaine.  I hope he gets it together and gets it together quickly.

I think Edmunds will be an all pro level player...at OLB in a 3-4 defense. If he leaves he will be a Marshawn Lynch or Steph Gilmore level star on another team. He's playing out of position and it's really tough to watch. Zero MLB instincts and next to no physicality. But he's young and athletic and could have a bright future...elsewhere.

44 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I would say no, it's not time to move on. He had improved steadily up until this year, he will be 23 for all of next season...

What everyone is suffering from is prospect fatigue... it happens a lot in baseball. Guy is hyped up in the system for a long time, so people get their hopes up.. he doesn't perform right away and because they've known about him for a long time they just think he's a bust and want to cut bait. I promise you it's a mistake with this type of player... he is still learning on the job. 

Say we were to replace him in the draft... Dylan Moses would be a popular option. Tremaine is only 23 days older than Moses and has 3 years in the NFL... as much as people don't think that's a big deal... it is. Chazz Surratt, Errol Thompson, Charles Snowden, Gabriel Cox are some of the other top LB prospects and they're all older than Tremaine.

I don't think people realize we have a unicorn here.

And they would be on rookie deals.  He would be looking at his second contract.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty much everyone who analyzes Bills film this year agrees on Edmunds fwiw

This clip is from after week 4, he has regressed each game. He's a freak athlete, he's just not in a position to succeed. 

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think at this point it's over as far as him being our MLB moving forward. He has the freaky athletic ability to be a great LB but he just can't man the middle.

I was never an Edmunds fan since day one despite the big hype he got from the media.  He just doesn't make plays.  He didn't last year and now has a shoulder injury.  I couldn't imagine that he was made the MLB and was calling defensive formations.  The 2020 NFL has caught up to him.

55 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

If you really want to see what a 1st round LB looks like, watch Devin White from Tampa Bay....all the kid does is make plays...impact plays....since his rookie year last year.  That is the expectation I have for Tremaine.  I hope he gets it together and gets it together quickly.

Absolutely. 

He also plays next to Lavante David. That matters a ton. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I would say no, it's not time to move on. He had improved steadily up until this year, he will be 23 for all of next season...

What everyone is suffering from is prospect fatigue... it happens a lot in baseball. Guy is hyped up in the system for a long time, so people get their hopes up.. he doesn't perform right away and because they've known about him for a long time they just think he's a bust and want to cut bait. I promise you it's a mistake with this type of player... he is still learning on the job. 

Say we were to replace him in the draft... Dylan Moses would be a popular option. Tremaine is only 23 days older than Moses and has 3 years in the NFL... as much as people don't think that's a big deal... it is. Chazz Surratt, Errol Thompson, Charles Snowden, Gabriel Cox are some of the other top LB prospects and they're all older than Tremaine.

I don't think people realize we have a unicorn here.

So.... how long do we wait then?  Next year is going to be year #4.  It’s nice that he’s young but rather than improving he seems to be regressing.  It’s not just the injury either, we’ve seen missed tackles, poor reads and a failure to get off blocks.  I’m not sure he miraculously bounces back. 

26 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Interesting since Cover 1 has shown a different side of the story

What has been the takeaway?

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

how is the video coming? 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Tampa Bay's whole front 7 has been near best in the league for the last year+

They also play a more traditional 3-4 front, which again, is like comparing apples to oranges regarding support cast/roles when you’re looking at Tremaine vs White... if that’s what his comparison was going for. 

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Absolutely. 

He also plays next to Lavante David. That matters a ton. 

With the amount of money they spent on defense in free agency, talent around him shouldnt be an excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1

They gave Edmunds play calling duties and he's obviously having difficulty. 

The over pursuit to me, is too much thinking in executing the play, too much try hard and not enough instinct in predicting and reacting to what he's seeing.  

I'd give the play calling responsibility to someone else and see if that helps.  

Injury aside, 98% of it is in his head.