Rewatched the Jets game, not good for Edmunds.

TwistofFate

Went back to watch Edmunds and the defensive front 7 specifically.  Edmunds was really bad. 

Edmunds shot gaps many times and completely over ran the backs where he was more than capable of making stops for a loss. He was pushed around easily by linemen and could get off the blocks. 

His play has been questionable but he was really bad on Sunday. 

Update:  I made a quick video of the 9 most blatantly bad play from Edmunds on Sunday-

Edited by TwistofFate
updated with video.
  • Like (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If he is truly hurt they should consider calling it a season for Edmunds and have him get the surgery if needed.  Sounds like just about anybody is a wash or even an upgrade. 

Yeah no point in killing the young guy's confidence. He is a liability out there. And if his play has nothing to do with an injury...hate to say but Edmunds is a likely bust. Only hope would be to move em to the outside and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

The thing that bothered me most was how many times he shot gaps to make a play in the backfield and simply ran right by the running back.

ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING!!! He would be right there and just completely not even see the guy or something. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING!!! He would be right there and just completely not even see the guy or something. 

Yes, and with the penetration it initially looks like the whole play is going to be completely blown up. 

I'm going to try and put some video up later. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, and with the penetration it initially looks like the whole play is going to be completely blown up. 

Yes, it would look like there was going to be a loss of two or three yards because he was in perfect position. But nope, he wouldn't even attempt a tackle like he didn't even see Gore coming. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That shoulder must be hampering him a bit but I think the issue is much deeper.  I'm not going to go with the kneejerk reaction here but I am very much concerned with his regression.  I have faith the coaching staff can get him back on track.  

Hmmmmm

Week 8 power rankings from ESPN 

8. Buffalo Bills (5-2)

Week 7 ranking: 8sw_ye_40.png

Who needs to step up: LB Tremaine Edmunds

To his credit, Edmunds has played through a shoulder injury that he suffered in Week 1 and caused him to miss the Bills' following game. But when he has been out there, the third-year linebacker hasn't looked like the Pro Bowler we saw last season. His reactions seem slower, he has missed tackles and he has difficulty shedding blocks. Buffalo's defensive struggles represent the team's biggest surprise this season, and if the Bills are going to turn it around in pursuit of an AFC East title, Edmunds needs to lead the charge. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s terrible. Play Klein and Milano 

Klein has been worse.

The issue is, the times they're actually in position, they don't make the tackle or seemingly shy away from contact.

I remember a play that was an off tackle (maybe a pitch) to the boundary and Klein was absolutely bulldozed and was already 5 yards late to contact. Edmunds had MAYBE one good scrape to make a play but it was still a 3-4 yard gain. He gets lost in the mix quite a bit if he's not over shooting gaps.

The more I watch the LB's play the more I feel like we miss Star. He opens up gaps because he can actually hold his ground. 

• Like (+1) 3

A shoulder issue doesn't make you completely miss your assignment unless you're in so much pain you can't think right, and if that's the case, sit him for the year. It was painful watching two interceptions go through his hands. 

• Like (+1) 4