MONGO! Feliciano activated

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Because we play NE, Seattle and AZ before then.

If you think a player who had zero preseason, no April may OTAs, and hasn’t played since January and had all of like 3 practices, is gonna pad up and play in a game week one from being cleared to go will get the green light to get out on the field right away.... that’s fine. I just don’t see it happening. There’s still 9 games to go, let him get a number count on reps in practice, work his way up and get mentally and physically ready. That doesn’t happen in 1 week. 2 would be pushing it....

My point is, if that’s the case, why not sit him that 3rd game to get an extra 2 weeks before his first game. He should be more than ready at that point. Finish the last 6 games and then playoffs 

14 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If you think a player who had zero preseason, no April may OTAs, and hasn’t played since January and had all of like 3 practices, is gonna pad up and play in a game week one from being cleared to go will get the green light to get out on the field right away.... that’s fine. I just don’t see it happening. There’s still 9 games to go, let him get a number count on reps in practice, work his way up and get mentally and physically ready. That doesn’t happen in 1 week. 2 would be pushing it....

My point is, if that’s the case, why not sit him that 3rd game to get an extra 2 weeks before his first game. He should be more than ready at that point. Finish the last 6 games and then playoffs 

Don't know but the sooner the better.  I think if they didn't believe they could at least get him some reps or might need him they would have waited.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Don't know but the sooner the better.  I think if they didn't believe they could at least get him some reps or might need him they would have waited.

They have to activate him now or put him on season-ending IR.  Even if they feel he'll be back in a couple weeks it was still the right move.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

No surprise here, Ford is terrible and one of the worst picks this team has made going to back to the drought years. Worth noting this is another guy Beane had to have and traded up for.

But hey at least he was able to buy some bling and his mom a new car so hopefully he saved some money when he's out of the league in a few years.

Nice trolling.

They've moved Ford from tackle to guard and he's started 22 games in less than two seasons. Is there room for growth, absolutely but he's already contributed more than so many of our top two picks from the drought: paging Torelle Troup, James Hardy, Aaron Mabin, John McCargo to name four right off the top of my head.

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Nice trolling.

They've moved Ford from tackle to guard and he's started 22 games in less than two seasons. Is there room for growth, absolutely but he's already contributed more than so many of our top two picks from the drought: paging Torelle Troup, James Hardy, Aaron Mabin, John McCargo to name four right off the top of my head.

Stop right there. We have no room for reason or logical thought when we decide to bash players! 🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Er....Mongo started practicing October 7th.  Why do you think he "had like all of 3 practices"?  Took us 21 days to activate him.

23 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

No surprise here, Ford is terrible and one of the worst picks this team has made going to back to the drought years. Worth noting this is another guy Beane had to have and traded up for.

But hey at least he was able to buy some bling and his mom a new car so hopefully he saved some money when he's out of the league in a few years.

When you say stuff like this, you just make it clear that you're quite the Johnny-come-lately as a Bills fan and that Screen Name must be ironic.

I could name 3-4 draft picks from whom we unambiguously got far less, without leaving the 2nd round and this decade - Torrell Troup, Cyrus Kouandijo, Reggie Ragland, Zay Jones.

🥰🥰

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er....Mongo started practicing October 7th.  Why do you think he "had like all of 3 practices"?  Took us 21 days to activate him.

3 days back in August. Then got hurt.

Hes been participating on the field since October 7... not running full speed contact with the first team. Game ready takes a couple weeks, especially after injury 

6 hours ago, Doc said:

They have to activate him now or put him on season-ending IR.  Even if they feel he'll be back in a couple weeks it was still the right move.

Exactly hence why I think they won’t throw him in there for the next couple games. I’ll be surprised if they do

Edited by CEN-CAL17

On 10/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, High Football IQ said:

I thought Ford played well to end 2019 and I think his skills translate to being a starting caliber and possibly good LG. I can't relate him to Maybin or some other outright bad drought picks just yet. I think the team moving Ford around a lot along the line has done no favors for his development. His best stretch of play came when Ty got hurt late in 2019 and he was stuck at RT. I would like to see him play out the season at LG and then get him into a full camp and off-season preparing as a LG before I pass a final judgement on him. 

22 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Could see him playing some on a low pitch count.  Kind of easy with a O lineman to play one series each half, then go back out and sit for a while.  If it ends up being some extended 15 play drive, maybe he comes out after 10 snaps at most.  We also have no idea how much he has been working prior to being activated.  Hasn't he been able to practice the past three weeks since the "clock" started for activation?

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Could see him playing some on a low pitch count.  Kind of easy with a O lineman to play one series each half, then go back out and sit for a while.  If it ends up being some extended 15 play drive, maybe he comes out after 10 snaps at most.  We also have no idea how much he has been working prior to being activated.  Hasn't he been able to practice the past three weeks since the "clock" started for activation?

If I had to guess I’d say he was cleared to start sideline work and positional drills vs full go contact running with the first team. I’m assuming that’s just now being considered.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

3 days back in August. Then got hurt.

OK, wasn't clear what you meant

Hes been participating on the field since October 7... not running full speed contact with the first team. Game ready takes a couple weeks, especially after injury 

Exactly hence why I think they won’t throw him in there for the next couple games. I’ll be surprised if they do

My point was given the limited press access, we don't know what he's been doing since October 7th.  But, he said in the interview above that yesterday was his first day of full contact and that two weeks ago, "I wasn't ready" so, to your point, he'll have 3 days this week, and you're correct, that's a short time for "game ready" 

I don't see how the Bills can give Mongo significant 1st team reps and not suit him up and play him though.   We're too thin.  We'll see though.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I hate to say it may be time to cut our losses on Ford. Everyone was waiting for him to emerge as a solid player when he got shifted to his "natural" position at guard, but it ain't happening. I'm still puzzled about Spain, who was no great thing but was better than Winters/Ford. Hell, so was Vlad Ducasse. That's how bad our guards have been. Morse is carrying a huge load right now.

Ford never got better no matter what position he was at. Time to replace Spain/Ford in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ford never got better no matter what position he was at. Time to replace Spain/Ford in the offseason. 

Maybe give him a few reps in practice at DT before you totally cut bait 🤷‍♂️What could it hurt? He’s got good size and strength. Put him inside and see if he could hold his ground at 1 tech. If not, move on.

On 10/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, High Football IQ said:

On 10/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I hate to say it may be time to cut our losses on Ford. Everyone was waiting for him to emerge as a solid player when he got shifted to his "natural" position at guard, but it ain't happening. I'm still puzzled about Spain, who was no great thing but was better than Winters/Ford. Hell, so was Vlad Ducasse. That's how bad our guards have been. Morse is carrying a huge load right now.

Yup terrible, 2nd year in the league, they switch him from tackle to guard after the first season, no mini camps, no pre-season games, somewhat of a limited training camp, and when he reported to camp the plan still was for him to play tackle until Feleciano got hurt, then switched him to right guard, then two games into the season switch him to the left side and the guy isn't playing at a pro bowl level.  Many times Allen barely has six seconds to throw the ball, under extreme pressure every play it seems.  Terrible, what a waste! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1