MONGO! Feliciano activated

1 hour ago, teef said:

this is nice.

and they said

"we could not have nice things"

well ?

sometimes we get a nut eh ?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Excellent choice on Avatar.     ' bout time you got some nasty stirred up in ya's

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A pitch count would not be surprise me.  Probably a good idea, in fact.

what we used to do . rotating lineman from down to downs. (that sound weird to you guys ? )

he is coming in for Winters right ?

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

what we used to do . rotating lineman from down to downs. (that sound weird to you guys ? )

he is coming in for Winters right ?

Isn't that a great question?

1) if Ford misses another game, LG may be the biggest need.  Boettger was NOT good from what I saw

2) Mongo at this point has most playing experience on the R and I believe would have least stress on his injury on the R side

3) on the other hand McDermott in his Monday presser stressed how "very intelligent" and "adaptable" Mongo is.  We saw this when Morse went out, he pretty seamlessly stepped over to center and played well.

So in response to your question: 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed, but nothing about McD seems to say "rush" anything.  I think he is pretty calculating so I would assume Feliciano is good to go (hopefully)

This is no surprise.  Deadline was here they had to activate.

Hasnt had a live snap in forever, he's not just gonna get thrown in there full time, gotta get him slowly acclimated to game shape

And then he'll be crackin skulls...

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1) if Ford misses another game, LG may be the biggest need.  Boettger was NOT good from what I saw

2) Mongo at this point has most playing experience on the R and I believe would have least stress on his injury on the R side

3) on the other hand McDermott in his Monday presser stressed how "very intelligent" and "adaptable" Mongo is.  We saw this when Morse went out, he pretty seamlessly stepped over to center and played well.

Thanks for considering the  question.
I really have felt McDaboll love weekly match ups and want to do what traditionally defenses have done.
Having multi skilled and Available players on all 3 sides of the ball allows some creativity from week to week.

McD  used to chat that up early on. multi functional using match ups to win games

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do think he will replace winters at RG. When ford returns he will go back to LG. 

you see Ford doing better as RG next to Williams ?

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like Ike.btw

We may have to be careful what we wish for... you want more attitude on your o-line? You get it with Feliciano.

He will straight up tackle a d-lineman rather than give up a free shot on his QB.

I am ok with this philosophy, why get called for a ticky-tacky hold while letting your QB get planted when you can just double-down and plant the guy rushing? 

:)

Feliciano was the only offensive lineman on the team last year to be assessed both an unnecessary roughness, and unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I think offensive lines need at least one or two players that have some dog in them. Hope he gets some reps to work himself back jnto game shape.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m glad his titty is better.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ike was ok ... almost good in run blocking, but boy was he on his heels in pass block.  

Most of josh’s scrambles started with Ike

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

There’s a good chance he doesn’t suit up for a couple games.... Maybe AZ in 3 weeks.... but why not wit till after the bye week. That gives him 5 weeks to prepare, get in game shape

Because Boettger is going to play in the meantime and he didn't look good at all vs the Jets.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do think he will replace winters at RG. When ford returns he will go back to LG. 

This. I expect to see a rotation with Feliciano and Winters for the next couple games at RG. Not sure Winters can also play LG. Once Feliciano is back into game shape, he goes RG about the same time Ford is back at LG. In a perfect world the Oline is hitting its stride just about mid December, barring any injuries!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's overall how I'm leaning, but we'll see how the Bills coaches see it.

10 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

The metrics from last year say that Feliciano should be an upgrade in the run blocking, but as a pass blocker he's a major liability and was terrible at times last year especially against some of the better teams we faced, including the Ravens which was probably his worst game of the season.

What metrics are these, Grasshopper?  How about a linky? 

I have a tendency to be skeptical of OL metrics as it's very difficult for the observer to tell what the assignment is and therefore if there's a mess-up, who failed?

But some are better than others.

20 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

The metrics from last year say that Feliciano should be an upgrade in the run blocking, but as a pass blocker he's a major liability and was terrible at times last year especially against some of the better teams we faced, including the Ravens which was probably his worst game of the season.

I guarantee he's an upgrade over Boettger or Winters when it comes to pass blocking no matter which metrics you cite.  

• Like (+1) 2