Local attorney trying to block sale of home to Tre White

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Would it be worthwhile for the seller and the legal rep to file a complaint to the bar against the first buyer who apparently was legally denied the purchase? The complaint probably won't have much consequences other than it would be on his record that a complaint was filed against him for questionable tactics. 

The issue with that is the first buyer was not acting in his capacity as an attorney when he submitted the purchase offer (although I assume that he tried to claim part of the realtor's commission, by acting as his own "broker").  In any event, I doubt that anything would come of a complaint to the Bar Association, as this would likely be deemed a contract dispute, as flimsy as the claim is.

My guess is that the buyer increases their offer (maybe to what Tre offered?), seller agrees to sell at the increased price, and the suit is dropped.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:31 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

That motion to dismiss is so poorly drafted.  It reads as if it's written by a 12-year old, complete with poor grammar (and misspelling of the name of the attorney's own client!).  Proof read much?

The cancellation notice from the seller's attorney was timely delivered, apparently.

I'd be surprised if the case isn't withdrawn with respect to Tre in the very near future.  IMO, Tre was named as a defendant primarily to create some buzz and publicity...and it worked. If not for Tre's involvement, who would be talking about this?  Seems like an over-litigious attorney who is pissed off that he's not getting his way.  And lawyers wonder why they get a bad rap...

This wouldn't be the only case in which your observations ring true about the attorneys in question. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:31 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

That motion to dismiss is so poorly drafted.  It reads as if it's written by a 12-year old, complete with poor grammar (and misspelling of the name of the attorney's own client!).  Proof read much?

The cancellation notice from the seller's attorney was timely delivered, apparently.

I'd be surprised if the case isn't withdrawn with respect to Tre in the very near future.  IMO, Tre was named as a defendant primarily to create some buzz and publicity...and it worked. If not for Tre's involvement, who would be talking about this?  Seems like an over-litigious attorney who is pissed off that he's not getting his way.  And lawyers wonder why they get a bad rap...

So predictable.

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2020/11/05/tredavious-white-removed-from-cercone-lawsuit.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.