Local attorney trying to block sale of home to Tre White

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

I'm guessing that what the Cercone's are wanting.....seems like shady sellers to me.

This is a typical lawyer move.  Trying to squeeze the doc who owns the house for a little bit of cash.  Three days of planning?  Not worth much.  Boo hoo.  It’s just a conniving power play by a couple of guys who are like Martin Prince on the Simpsons.  

Also, it is a gorgeous house.  Objectively I can’t say I blame the Cercones for being upset.  It lingered on the market for awhile, but well appointed and good value.  I liked it a lot when I looked at it.  Just didn’t like the taxes. 

Nice place- it's listed at 749k. When I was little that was one large field. On a side note- I used to go there and catch snakes with Bills coach Jim Ringo's son (they lived on Fox Chapel)  pretty much exactly where that house is located. This was in the 70's when I was 6 or 7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

On A Side note.  I would love to be in an area where a house like that is on the market for less than Multiple Millions.

Look at the houses for sale on Grand View in Orchard Park.  Not too shabby.  You’ll like those. 

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bad taste.  Please remove this.  They read this website. 

Look at the houses for sale on Grand View in Orchard Park.  Not too shabby.  You’ll like those. 

If I lived in the area I would.  being down here in FL a house like that with that land is Mulitple Millions

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Tre will do a back door payment to the sellers to compensate them for the “financial damages”  law suit... and they will all live happily ever after...

Depends on how badly he wants the house.  Doc is going to pony up here to quash this mess.  Shouldn’t take long.  Couple of bucks to make the Cercones go away and avoid getting some papers from the Whites. 

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i've had some hilarious experiences over the years buying and selling homes.  you think you 've seen the craziest person and then nope there is someone crazier

I think you get that in most industries

I wonder if Tre spends enough time out of NY to not be a NYS resident.   That would mean big bucks to him.......home back down south?  Probabily not, w camps etc.  But, the season and training camp are well short of the 6 months required to be a resident.  I suspect that NYS has special rules on income tax for the professional athletes, but don't know that for sure. Never wondered about that before until this housing discussion.....I too think the signed contract is binding, unless there is a 48 hour escape clause hidden somewhere.

Edited by bigK14094

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Awesome house for $750K.... but, $23 grand in taxes per year 🤮 The taxes almost the same per month as a conventional mortgage would be. 

That is just about what any suburb in Buffalo pays.  I would say $2,500 for every valuation of $100k.  And 10 years ago that was a $350,000 house I bet

I don't see why Tre would tie himself up in this.  Just walk away there are plenty of nice houses available.  Pretty shady of realtors though

Wow I'm off on value 10 years ago.  From Zillow sold for $854k in 2004

Edited by MarkyMannn

7 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

That is just about what any suburb in Buffalo pays.  I would say $2,500 for every valuation of $100k.  And 10 years ago that was a $350,000 house I bet

I don't see why Tre would tie himself up in this.  Just walk away there are plenty of nice houses available.  Pretty shady of realtors though

Hmmm property values doubling in WNY???  

unfortunately, no.... 

12/17/2004 Sold $854,558

I don’t know why he wouldn’t just rent A house. He may be retire by the time his kids begin school and property isn’t a wonderful investment in that market. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hmmm property values doubling in WNY???  

unfortunately, no.... 

12/17/2004 Sold $854,558

I don’t know why he wouldn’t just rent A house. He may be retire by the time his kids begin school and property isn’t a wonderful investment in that market. 

For some areas, especially income doubles in the city. 

See the backyard on that house?  Like 10' from patio to back fence.  I like now how home pictures are brightened up so they jump out at you

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Why is this even news?   I mean, even in Buffalo Business First, why is this even news?   This is simply a shady real estate deal on the part of the real estate broker/firm/sellers.

Yeah, I doubt the broker told Tre "you know what, we have a legal contract, but screw them." And if the broker were the one's who broke the contract without Tre's knowledge of the initial buyers, then Tre will be held blameless.  Which is probably why he is not named in the law suit. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where's one of our real estate lawyer lads?  I thought real estate contracts can usually be backed out of on both sides, there's just a penalty

Regardless of whether or not I'm a real estate lawyer lad, here's an article about a fairly recent similar New York appellate decision dealing with specific performance of a property sale dispute.  Specific performance was not granted in the case, because there was never a true "meeting of the minds."  In Orchard Park, there may have been a "meeting of the minds." 

While it's true that, as a practical matter, the current owner might be able to throw enough money at the plaintiffs to get them to dismiss the suit so that the owner can sell the house to Tre for a higher price, the decision about whether to accept cash rather than completing the existing purchase contract is not up to either the current owner or Tre White.  

https://fhnylaw.com/second-department-determines-that-potential-real-estate-buyer-is-not-entitled-to-specific-performance-because-there-was-no-enforcable-contract/

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Awesome house for $750K.... but, $23 grand in taxes per year 🤮 The taxes almost the same per month as a conventional mortgage would be. 

this even strikes me as a bit low for a house that value.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.