My words be mine

SoTier

23 hours ago, SoTier said:

Now, I don't give a pile of dog poop if you want to call me names, impugn my motives, reply with memes or youtube videos or whatever, but I draw the line at smearing me by quoting me and then changing that post to fit whatever agenda you have.   Not being a snowflake, I can take care of myself in ideological tussles, but I will not have my words altered so that somebody seeing that altered post in the future might think that I actually said something I didn't.  I've had two posters do that to my quotes in the last week, both excusing themselves with "FIFY".   Well, dudes and dudettes, you best not try to "fix it" for me.  My words be mine, and don't mess with them.

I don't care if you're supporting me or dissing me.  Changing quoted statements is against the TOS and I will PM you a warning about it once when I see that you've done that, friend or foe.  Do it again, and I will report you for it.   If other posters want to accept others changing their quotes, that's their choice.  I'm not policing PPP,  just my own posts.   I don't care if you rip what I have to say to shreds, but don't quote me and then change the wording of those quotes to pretend I said something I didn't.

I was going to request more specifics in a PM but since you've made this general, I thought this might be a better place.  

Can you link to or quote the portion of the TOS that addresses "FIFY" type posts?  

My two cents on this currently is that it seems very hypersensitive, almost pathetic.  Scratch the almost. This board just went through a long thread about how some things were handled.  A large part of the thread was a discussion of the crap the board owner has to deal with.  Fast forward to this thread and you're warning everyone not to subject you to lame jokes that literally hundreds of posters have encountered for years.  Unlike you, they knew how to deal with.  Further, your claims of potential harm caused by this childish yet common type of post are incredibly easy to refute as well as simply remedied.  I think it is an intersting choice on your part to create a thread based in hypersensitivity and propose a remedy which is sensitive in no way whatsoever to the site owner who has clearly explained what a pain in the neck complaints like those threatened cause.  

On a secondary note I'm curious as to why you're so upset about people altering your words but not the words of others.  I wouldn't expect you to go searching for incidents, but if you happen across a misquote of someone else, why not issue warnings and complaints about those too?  

I'm looking forward to the specific wording in the TOS that we need to avoid.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I was going to request more specifics in a PM but since you've made this general, I thought this might be a better place.  

Can you link to or quote the portion of the TOS that addresses "FIFY" type posts?  

My two cents on this currently is that it seems very hypersensitive, almost pathetic.  Scratch the almost. This board just went through a long thread about how some things were handled.  A large part of the thread was a discussion of the crap the board owner has to deal with.  Fast forward to this thread and you're warning everyone not to subject you to lame jokes that literally hundreds of posters have encountered for years.  Unlike you, they knew how to deal with.  Further, your claims of potential harm caused by this childish yet common type of post are incredibly easy to refute as well as simply remedied.  I think it is an intersting choice on your part to create a thread based in hypersensitivity and propose a remedy which is sensitive in no way whatsoever to the site owner who has clearly explained what a pain in the neck complaints like those threatened cause.  

On a secondary note I'm curious as to why you're so upset about people altering your words but not the words of others.  I wouldn't expect you to go searching for incidents, but if you happen across a misquote of someone else, why not issue warnings and complaints about those too?  

I'm looking forward to the specific wording in the TOS that we need to avoid.  Thanks in advance.

He does not know how to fight these battles so he runs to daddy to defend him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

How many times did you threaten to run to a mod yesterday? 

3, 4, 5?

You're quite dumb.  So Tier is blatting about something that really is not a violation.  All his posts can be seen unaltered.  A call out thread such as what you posted is a violation.  Be nice to me as I do not have to be here. If the money was in place right now I would be throwing up a nice little out building on the property.  55-60 degrees temps with mostly sunny skies is prime weather to be outside and I enjoy it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You're quite dumb.  So Tier is blatting about something that really is not a violation.  All his posts can be seen unaltered.  A call out thread such as what you posted is a violation.  Be nice to me as I do not have to be here. If the money was in place right now I would be throwing up a nice little out building on the property.  55-60 degrees temps with mostly sunny skies is prime weather to be outside and I enjoy it.  

Can't handle 45 degrees and you're from WNY?

wahhh

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Can't handle 45 degrees and you're from WNY?

wahhh

I can handle 10 degrees F.  I am just stating my preference for performing work.  If you feel that you work best at 45 degrees then so be it.  We are all different in that respect.  My father loved to work when the thermometer hit 80.  If I normally crap at 8 in the morning and you crap at 2 in the afternoon then so be it.

On October 27, 2020 at 8:39 AM, SoTier said:

Now, I don't give a pile of dog poop if you want to call me names, impugn my motives, reply with memes or youtube videos or whatever, but I draw the line at smearing me by quoting me and then changing that post to fit whatever agenda you have.   Not being a snowflake, I can take care of myself in ideological tussles, but I will not have my words altered so that somebody seeing that altered post in the future might think that I actually said something I didn't.  I've had two posters do that to my quotes in the last week, both excusing themselves with "FIFY".   Well, dudes and dudettes, you best not try to "fix it" for me.  My words be mine, and don't mess with them.

I don't care if you're supporting me or dissing me.  Changing quoted statements is against the TOS and I will PM you a warning about it once when I see that you've done that, friend or foe.  Do it again, and I will report you for it.   If other posters want to accept others changing their quotes, that's their choice.  I'm not policing PPP,  just my own posts.   I don't care if you rip what I have to say to shreds, but don't quote me and then change the wording of those quotes to pretend I said something I didn't.

Any updates on this?

• Haha (+1) 1

On October 28, 2020 at 8:24 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Still no link or quote about the TOS provision FIFY violates?  

22 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Update:. Due to SoTear either not seeing or ignoring my request for the TOS provision about FIFY posts, I've sent him a PM requesting it.  My own review of the TOS did not uncover anything about this topic.  Stay tuned.

Update:. SoTear has posted 10 times since the above appeared.  Pronoun has not responded in this thread or in PM to my TOS inquiry.

I know prounoun's words be pronoun's but pronoun hasn't answered so I thought I'd throw this open.  Can anyone show where the TOS deems an FIFY type post a violation?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Update:. Our TOS be ours.  We can take criticism and name calling, but threatening to go to mods about rules that don't exist is going too far. 

Anyone who misrepresents the TOS in a way that results in other posters potentially feeling threatened into modifying their posting style will receive a PM warning from me.  Another violation will result in a report to the mods.

Actually I probably won't report it to mods because I'm not a whiny snowflake.

• Like (+1) 1