My words be mine

SoTier

Now, I don't give a pile of dog poop if you want to call me names, impugn my motives, reply with memes or youtube videos or whatever, but I draw the line at smearing me by quoting me and then changing that post to fit whatever agenda you have.   Not being a snowflake, I can take care of myself in ideological tussles, but I will not have my words altered so that somebody seeing that altered post in the future might think that I actually said something I didn't.  I've had two posters do that to my quotes in the last week, both excusing themselves with "FIFY".   Well, dudes and dudettes, you best not try to "fix it" for me.  My words be mine, and don't mess with them.

I don't care if you're supporting me or dissing me.  Changing quoted statements is against the TOS and I will PM you a warning about it once when I see that you've done that, friend or foe.  Do it again, and I will report you for it.   If other posters want to accept others changing their quotes, that's their choice.  I'm not policing PPP,  just my own posts.   I don't care if you rip what I have to say to shreds, but don't quote me and then change the wording of those quotes to pretend I said something I didn't.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

^ Douche plus idiot

FIFY.

48 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Now, I don't give a pile of dog poop if you want to call me names, impugn my motives, reply with memes or youtube videos or whatever, but I draw the line at smearing me by quoting me and then changing that post to fit whatever agenda you have.   Not being a snowflake, I can take care of myself in ideological tussles, but I will not have my words altered so that somebody seeing that altered post in the future might think that I actually said something I didn't.  I've had two posters do that to my quotes in the last week, both excusing themselves with "FIFY".   Well, dudes and dudettes, you best not try to "fix it" for me.  My words be mine, and don't mess with them.

I don't care if you're supporting me or dissing me.  Changing quoted statements is against the TOS and I will PM you a warning about it once when I see that you've done that, friend or foe.  Do it again, and I will report you for it.   If other posters want to accept others changing their quotes, that's their choice.  I'm not policing PPP,  just my own posts.   I don't care if you rip what I have to say to shreds, but don't quote me and then change the wording of those quotes to pretend I said something I didn't.

All your original statements exist for all to see.  If people could not see those then there would be concerns in terms of COC.

25 minutes ago, westside2 said:

What a crybaby. Is the snowflake triggered?

It happens in every corner of this place.  Main board, OTW, PPP, everywhere.  It has probably happened to 90% of the people on all of those boards.  It happens in a joking manner, as a way of making a counter argument, albeit often lame, and lots of other ways.  A lot of people do it from all political persuasions and football opinions.  I've probably done it, but not a lot as I find it pretty goofy so on that I agree with the OP.  I'm not sensitive enough about my opinions to be afraid of any particular type of counter argument.  The OP is apparently hypersensitive.  

The premise that anyone would read a post that says FIFY and assume the quote above hadn't been altered defies logic.  

If there is an issue or complaint to be had it would be with the software that allows quotes to be altered.  It is board wide.  To take that personally and threaten people with complaints to moderators is silly and sad.  How fragile does one have to be?

I'm telling mommy.  Nanny nanny woo woo.

For the record I haven't received my PM warning yet.  I wonder if he went straight to the mods breaking his own iron clad rule.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No one likes me I'm going to eat worms

hahahahaha

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE "FIFY" thing OMG ITS SO CLEVER!!!! Does anyone have any great recommendations for a delicious Rose wine? Not too dry, I like a little sweetness.

Furthermore, my latest recipe for GLAZED CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES! OMG HERE YOU GO GUYS! They're delish!

Ingredients

• 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled), plus more for hands and work surface
  • 1/2 cup (100ggranulated sugar
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 orange)
  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, frozen
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 heaping cup (125g) frozen cranberries*
  • optional: 1 Tablespoon (15ml) heavy cream and coarse sugar

Orange Glaze

• 1 cup (120g) confectioners’ sugar
  • 23 Tablespoons (30-45ml) fresh orange juice*

Instructions

1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
  2. Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the cranberries, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
  3. Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges.
  4. Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
  5. Place scones on a plate or lined baking sheet (if your fridge has space!) and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
  6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
  7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. After refrigerating, arrange scones 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s).
  8. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes as you make the glaze.
  9. Make the glaze: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and orange juice together. Add a little more confectioners’ sugar to thicken or more juice to thin. Drizzle over scones.
  10. Leftover iced or un-glazed scones keep well at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 5 days.

Notes

1. Special Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls, Box Grater, Pastry Cutter, Baking Sheet, Silpat Baking Mat, Pastry Brush
  2. Freeze Before Baking: Freeze scone dough wedges on a plate or baking sheet for 1 hour. Once relatively frozen, you can layer them in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Bake from frozen, adding a few minutes to the bake time. Or thaw overnight, then bake as directed.
  3. Freeze After Baking: Freeze the baked and cooled scones before topping with icing. I usually freeze in a freezer-friendly bag or container. To thaw, leave out on the counter for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds or on a baking sheet in a 300°F (149°C) oven for 10 minutes.
  4. Overnight Instructions: Prepare scones through step 4. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Continue with the recipe the following day.
  5. Over-spreading: Start with very cold scone dough. Expect some spread, but if the scones are over-spreading as they bake, remove from the oven and press back into its triangle shape (or whatever shape) using a rubber spatula.
  6. Cranberries: I prefer to use frozen cranberries because they keep the scone dough super cold. Fresh or even dried works too. Same amount.
  7. Orange Juice: I prefer fresh orange juice. You’ll have an orange anyway– the one you zested for the scone dough! Store-bought OJ works too, of course.

FIFY

Edited by Plano
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That whole "FIFY" thing is just plain tired. It was actually kind of amusing when it first emerged ... years ago. Now? A big eye-roll, whichever side of an argument is doing it.

I agree that FIFY is lame, dumb and overused.  How whiny would someone have to be to not only cry about it but to start a thread crying about it and threaten to turn people in to the mods?  It's so fragile it makes Marquise Goodwin's tenure with the Bills look like Cal Ripken's tenure with the Orioles.  

SoTear should dry his eyes, roll his eyes and move on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree that FIFY is lame, dumb and overused.  How whiny would someone have to be to not only cry about it but to start a thread crying about it and threaten to turn people in to the mods?  It's so fragile it makes Marquise Goodwin's tenure with the Bills look like Cal Ripken's tenure with the Orioles.  

SoTear should dry his eyes, put on their big person pants,  roll his eyes and move on.

FIFY

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That whole "FIFY" thing is just plain tired. It was actually kind of amusing when it first emerged ... years ago. Now? A big eye-roll, whichever side of an argument is doing it.

It only really works as a joke and even then it needs to line up well. Just reversing what someone said is just childish and stupid.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It only really works as a joke and even then it needs to line up well. Just reversing what someone said is just childish and stupid.

Agreed.  More childish yet is reporting someone who does it to moderators.  Mommy!  Billy called me a poopy head.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it is against the TOS and if he asks you not to just don't.

Why do I have a feeling that your take would be different if the liberals here were winning that battle.  You say it is against the TOS and yet from time to time it is rampant over on TSW.  Do those posters get called out on that?  If ST could offer more than rants about "Covid Donnie" maybe he would receive less grief.  

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it is against the TOS and if he asks you not to just don't.

TOS lol.  If that particular part of the TOS were enforced most people would be gone from all of these boards.  But by all means SoTear and the boys can whine for selective enforcement.