Favorite non bills color analyst

Romo is, by far, the best in the biz right now! It’s really astonishing to me how ex football players, especially QBs are so terrible about both anticipating and describing the events of their own game... one they played all their lives & careers!

Compare Romo to that other league stooge and Cowboys’ bootlicker- Aikman! Night and day, as though the latter is suffering from dementia.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was going to say least favorite but I think half of the threads would be Cris Collinsworth...so I was thinking of favorite non bills announcer and I’ve always enjoyed Chris Spielman calling a game seems like he would make a great coach if he wanted to get into it 

Side note about Spielman - loved him as a player.  My favorite story was when he was home, he used to go up and down the stairs sideways to work on his lateral movement :)

2 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

Best Play by Play for me: Al Michaels, Jim Nantz, Mike Trico, Kevin Harlan 

Best Color Analyst: Tony Romo

I can’t remember specifics, but there was some stat that Jim Nantz was given on the broadcast this weekend.  Romo basically questioned the validity and ripped it and was like “that’s not a real stat.”  Poor Nantz was fumbling around trying to respond.  It was classic 

I think that Louis Riddick and Brian Griese have been pretty good so far on MNF and overall that crew has been a really good change.

For play by play I really like Kevin Harlan.  He's an all-time great as a basketball guy as well.  Jim Nantz generally annoys me but he's pretty good at football...I want to stab my ears out when he does golf though.

A guy that I really miss as a football play by play is Dick Enberg.  He was absolutely fantastic.

I can't think of anyone else other than Romo that I don't just tune out.

Everyone else seems to miss obvious things on the field, talk incessantly about stuff not related to the game & show a lot of bias towards some players vs others. One mans wet ball or windy conditions are another's shortcomings.  

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I can’t remember specifics, but there was some stat that Jim Nantz was given on the broadcast this weekend.  Romo basically questioned the validity and ripped it and was like “that’s not a real stat.”  Poor Nantz was fumbling around trying to respond.  It was classic 

Romo annoyed me there because he just belabored the point and wasn't really looking for an answer to where the stat came from, just putting Nantz on the spot. But I too fail to recall the topic. It was something like momentum or streaks or something.

Romo is hard not to vote for here because he clearly prepares by watching previous games and he really knows his stuff. But Archuleta and Feeley do too. And it seems like Archuleta has done enough Bills games that he probably doesn't have to hit game pass as much as any others. It is incredible to me that so many of the big name announcers clearly don't watch small market or less competitive teams and don't seem to even spend a few hours watching condensed games of the teams they are set to call.

9 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I like Adam Archuleta. He's not Romo but he doesn't irritate me in any way and provides some insight. And the fact he doesn't dislike Bills or Allen helps too.

He really has been getting better and better. For the national guys: Romo's the best. Collinsworth is at his his best when the game's a blowout and riffin' with Al (though Michaels does most of the heavy lifting). I generally enjoy him but he is the most rigid in his preconceived notions of players and teams of all the national color guys. Aikman seems a little checked out this year, and his Dr. Hibbert laugh is getting distracting. Griese and Riddick are off to a good start.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Romo is #1. Unpopular take but Collinsworth is easily my #2. 

Worst is Rich Gannon. Cannot stand him. Talks utter rubbish and always appears to have done minimal research on the teams he is watching. Oh yea and Aikman is easily the worst of the #1 team guys. If you enjoy watching a replay so that a color guy can just repeat the thing that was obvious from the original tv angle then Troy is your guy. 

Took the words out of my mouth. 

I'll add that I f**king HATED Dan Fouts. Thank goodness he was fired/retired. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Volume on my TV has been broken for 30 years. Most of them look good

Need some rabbit ears buddy.  I can sell cheap.  Can you just use the Reynolds hat I have for you while you’re watching fir the best experience?

🤪

Good joke my friend.  You’re up there with Ridgeway, and on and on.  There is a select group like House that just provide more than enough comedy.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Romo and Collinsworth are #1 and #2.

Yes, agreed. I like him a lot too. And Spielman, as several noted above.

Romo yes, but Collinsworth?

For years that guy has been dumping on the Bills and he just has that arrogant annoying nerd voice.

I hear him talk and....