Favorite non bills color analyst

Romo is the clear choice among today's analysts but us old timers remember the great Al DeRogatis, who teaming with Curt Gowdy, made a great pair during the AFL days and into the early 1970s.  

https://youtu.be/RW5GnZCxqIw?t=354

Another great color man, in the NFL, was Tom Brookshier.  Teaming with Pat Summerall, pre-Madden, Brookshier had much of the insight, sprinkled with humor that Tony Romo displays today.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'll still take Collinsworth over anybody at least on tv today.   Screw the haters.

There isn't anyone on TV that can break down blocking assignments, route trees, coverage assignments, etc better than him in seconds after only seeing it once live. Him and Al are 100% deserving of the marquee football match-up on Sunday nights.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, QCity said:

There isn't anyone on TV that can break down blocking assignments, route trees, coverage assignments, etc better than him in seconds after only seeing it once live. Him and Al are 100% deserving of the marquee football match-up on Sunday nights.

Couldn't agree more. Romo is the best pre-snap. Collinsworth is the best post-snap. 

Troy is the best at stating the mind numbingly obvious and then saying something about the Cowboys.

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'll still take Collinsworth over anybody at least on tv today.   Screw the haters.

Are you a pats fan? Lol.

In all seriousness I can’t stand him personally.

Anytime NE is winning or a star QB is playing, he giggles more than a 10 year old school girl.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Agreed.  Him and Romo are one of the only color commentator that enhances my viewing experience.  Michaels is great with anyone they've ever put him with.  Romo and Nantz are also great.  Those two are the top tier and nobody else really comes close.

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Are you a pats fan? Lol.

In all seriousness I can’t stand him personally.

Anytime NE is winning or a star QB is playing, he giggles more than a 10 year old school girl.

That's pry his biggest weakness and he has an elitist way about him.  I get the hate.  However, whenever he goes into analyst mode he's outstanding.