Any OT available at the deadline?

Bakin

9 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

Now our tackles are no good, everyday we get worse and worse. How are we 5-2 if everyone on this team sucks?

We could use a new center too. The only reason the Bills are 5-2 is the incredibly easy schedule &  spring like weather...

The Tackles aren't the issue. Missing Mongo is the main issue and Ford's absence didn't help. What I don't understand is why Nsekhe has not been in the line-up since he can play Guard and was a very good Lineman for the Bills last year. 

32 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

They have a tackle on their roster that played really well last year (Ty Nyseke), not sure why they refuse to play him and play Williams (who is by far weakest link).

Williams is weaker than Winters, Spain (whose gone) and Ford? C'mon man

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

Williams is weaker than Winters, Spain (whose gone) and Ford? C'mon man

He really is.  Gets blown by far too often (Look at the fumble by Allen) and the Bills don't run to the right.

Can't run block, and is getting blown by in pass coverage. 

10 hours ago, Bakin said:

We need some help here. 
Pass pro is good but running lanes are few and far between. 
Who you want (and who’s available?) and at what price?

The tackles are not the problem with the run game. When our slow running backs get to the edge there are lanes there. The issue is they struggle to get the edge because they lack that burst and we get no push at all inside which is where the problem is with the run game. The two guard spots have been a disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He really is.  Gets blown by far too often (Look at the fumble by Allen) and the Bills don't run to the right.

The same thing you pointed out by Williams Dawkins has allowed as well. Do we want to forget how much pressure Aaron Donald and Chris Jones put on us through the middle of the line? Or that Quinnen Williams was having himself a day with the Jets on Sunday? 

It is so rare that a good team, and I consider the Bills to be a good team, can improve themselves in a week 8 trade.  

Sure it happens occasionally when bottom feeders start selling off good players. Seems even harder to do on the offensive side of the ball because of the time to learn the playbook and get the timing down.  

The OL will improve when Feliciano and Ford come back.  

I was considering starting a thread on how good our OTs have been.  They’ve been a bright spot that’s largely gone unnoticed.  I can’t imagine why we’d want to mess with them.  Not that any decent ones are available for trade anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

They have a tackle on their roster that played really well last year (Ty Nyseke), not sure why they refuse to play him and play Williams (who is by far weakest link).

Feliciano is the RG, replaced by Winters due to injury.  

Williams has looked good and Cody Ford could not win the RT job from him.  

Ford looks better at G and he pushed out Spain.  Then Ford got hurt and is replaced by Boettger because Spain essentially quit,  so he was released. 

Winters at RG is mediocre and Boettger (3rd on depth chart at start of season ) is not showing he is a starter.  

The problems come from the guard position. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

Now our tackles are no good, everyday we get worse and worse. How are we 5-2 if everyone on this team sucks?

Through an enthusiastic and participating fan base!  :D

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why do you think we need help at OT?

Guard yes, SOS, help needed OT we're OK

Can Winters play on the L?  Actually I looked it up and it looks as though he spent a couple years there early on - but he's been at RG now for 6 years or something.

I need to read less of Hap's tweets around here.

I end up using all of my allowed upvotes for the day before lunch.

:D:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He didn’t have his best game on Sunday,  but the 6 Games prior to that say otherwise 

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have been somewhat underwhelmed with Morse's blocking lately. But yes it's our Guards that need upgrading. 

I'm no OL expert, but I have felt that Morse has been having a better year overall.  I'd still like to see Josh not have to reach to the side or raise his arms over his shoulders for Morse's shotgun snaps, but Josh seems to adjust without losing a beat.  Thank God he's 6'5" though.

The positive change I hear is Morse seems to be taking more personal accountability.   My eyes say it's not because he's playing worse; what I think before is that when Bad Things happened there were other reasons he was sweeping under the rug.  Maybe Josh called the wrong protections or had sloppy footwork under center or just took too long making his reads.  I felt like the right words were coming out of Morse' mouth but I wasn't sure he meant them.  This year, he seems engaged and able to say unambiguously "OK, ME Bad, I got stuff to clean up", so I think a lot of those ambiguities are gone.

In his most recent post-game he seemed open and sincere talking about what an awful feeling it was to turn around and see that your QB has been crushed because of something you did, either a mistake you made that affected someone else or a technical mistake. 

37 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

Once Feliciano and Ford get healthy, this line should be fine.

It's not clear to me that Ford is going to be a good enough, much less top, left guard.  He's playing with a brace on his arm, and that might be it.  I can't help wishing that we had Spain here and could start Spain and IR Ford for 3 weeks to let him heal up.  Boettger is not going to cut it.  No matter what Beane says, there must have been Some Problems.

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

The Tackles aren't the issue. Missing Mongo is the main issue and Ford's absence didn't help. What I don't understand is why Nsekhe has not been in the line-up since he can play Guard and was a very good Lineman for the Bills last year. 

Why do you think Nsekhe can play guard?  I'm quietly a big Ty Nsekhe fan, so I'd like to know.

As far as I can tell he never has played guard in the NFL.  He's a quality swing tackle (IMO) who at this point isn't durable enough to play every game.

1 hour ago, Whitey13 said:

The same thing you pointed out by Williams Dawkins has allowed as well. Do we want to forget how much pressure Aaron Donald and Chris Jones put on us through the middle of the line? Or that Quinnen Williams was having himself a day with the Jets on Sunday? 

We only run to the left, so how are Dawkins and Williams even in the same conversation?

Williams also has 4 penalties this year (tied for most on team).

Williams has not been good this year.  I struggle with what people are seeing.  He is being asked to do so little, and you are noticing him far too often.

I also think Williams not being trusted is a huge reason why Allen is better throwing to right than left.  He can put his back towards Dawkins and feel confident.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2020&tm=4

Edited by Back2Buff

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

This! If there is a trade to be made, there are far bigger needs than OTs; try, interior D-Line, Linebacker, play-making TE, DB help, a break-away running back. No, OT is a non-need.

Totally agree OT is the least of my worries right now.