DE Everson Griffen is available UPDATE: Traded to Lions!

HappyDays

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

Trent was with Washington I believe

He was and no bueno to either......hell I never even heard of this dude....I came out from under my rock awhile ago too!!!!!  🤣 

Edited by Kwai San

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No. But he had 8 sacks last year and I'm thinking he could be had for a 6th or 7th rounder. If they can take Murphy off our hands as part of it that's a bonus.

Is he better than Addision and Jefferson ? 

If they are doing a salary purge (and saving 6M) why would they take on Murphy's contract (and pay the remaining 4-5M)  

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

His sacks are memorable but nothing else so far except I 5hink he's a LB with his size and uniform #.

Let us give him time to develop.   We expect every 1st and 2nd rounder to be super stars from day one

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

He's better than Murphy and Jefferson and Epenesa. Addison maybe a push. I think a 7th would get it done. A 7th to upgrade our pass rush rotation which has been the biggest weakness on our team. I'm not sure why people are so against that idea. I'm not saying he is our long term answer but it makes the team better this year.

Edited by HappyDays

I am not sure he's a huge upgrade over any of our starters and probably doesn't help us much with our trouble stopping the run which seems like is more of a interior defense line issue.

That being said, Frasier knows him as well as anyone and depth this season is going to be more valuable than a late round pick in the offseason so if the staff thinks they can get something out of him, I would pull the trigger.

13 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

His sacks are memorable but nothing else so far except I 5hink he's a LB with his size and uniform #.

I think he will find a happy median of size and maintaining his explosivness.  Seems like he is at or below his playing weight as a freshman at Iowa.  So far he has played pretty good.  

18 hours ago, ganesh said:

If they are doing a salary purge (and saving 6M) why would they take on Murphy's contract (and pay the remaining 4-5M)  

Let us give him time to develop.   We expect every 1st and 2nd rounder to be super stars from day one

...seriously?...here?.....isn't six games as a rook the TBD definition of a CAREER?........hell if I was on their draft board, I'd stay in school and get TWO PhD's rather than face this crowd........the "welcome mat" has pigeon droppings......watch where you step......