DE Everson Griffen is available UPDATE: Traded to Lions!

HappyDays

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm not usually the type to push for trades but this makes too much sense. He has experience working with Leslie Frazier and obviously fills a need.

If golden went for a 6th I’d say griffen is an easy sell for a 6th round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Give a 3rd if they Take Murphy’s contract back. 

A 3rd for a player that is a FA and won’t get much back as a comp pick?  Idk man.  I agree that we NEED to make a move or two if we want to compete for a SB, but a third for him??  That’s nuts to me.  

I’d trade a 6th for him

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not usually the type to push for trades but this makes too much sense. He has experience working with Leslie Frazier and obviously fills a need.

So his production is off quite a bit in Dallas.  Is that because he's making a "career decision" on a floundering team, or due to scheme, or ??

We could certainly use an edge rusher.  But I'm not sure he's the guy that McBeane be moving the draft picks for.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A 3rd for a player that is a FA and won’t get much back as a comp pick?  Idk man.  I agree that we NEED to make a move or two if we want to compete for a SB, but a third for him??  That’s nuts to me.  

I’d trade a 6th for him

Only way to fit a contract is to move a contract. So gonna pay more to remove a contract. 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only way to fit a contract is to move a contract. So gonna pay more to remove a contract. 

well, I really hope we don’t choose to move a 3rd rd pick for the current version of Everson Griffen.  Have you watched him play this year? 

He's 32 and his performance has been slipping badly this season from years past. This is why Dallas is trying to unload him while they can still get something in return. Maybe he's just not motivated because the Cowboys are bad and their defense is worse.