Harrison Phillips - Odd man out Or "our kind of guy"?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well primarily I think they need to start getting younger, not older

Phillips clearly doesn't look like he's back from last year's injury, and we have a deep rotation, though it's not clearly established yet

In the off-season I think we should go after a traditional one-tech in free agency, which should be doable. Him and star could be our 1s 

And draft another defensive end early. Pair a talented young end, with Oliver and the one techs, and hopefully Darryl Johnson or epenesa will step up with a more talented front

Our d line is slowly jelling but we're pretty old

Do you see Phillips as a potential 3T then or what would be his role?

But in the meantime...we have 10 DL on the roster, and I don't think we can keep it that way with all the CB and OL and LB injuries

So what happens?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you see Phillips as a potential 3T then or what would be his role?

But in the meantime...we have 10 DL on the roster, and I don't think we can keep it that way with all the CB and OL and LB injuries

So what happens?

I think we have better three techs on the roster than him

Somebody might have to go on the block. He was always a tweener type guy

He has the size of a three tech, but he plays and has the strength of a one. But he's still a little undersized ideally for that spot

21 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills fans hang on.

They’ll hang onto some PFF stat that said Levi Wallace and Tre White were the 2nd best tandem in the NFL two years ago, they’ll hang onto the “first four weeks”, and some are hanging onto this idea Harrison Phillips was coming into his own at the beginning of last year.

I think the comments about lunch pail player, and translation he isn’t that good are closer to the truth.

If he was a difference maker, you’d know it and he’d be out there. 

I generally agree, but I’m willing to go with the ACL comeback as the reason. Fans were ready last season to anoint Harry as Kyle 2.0, and I never knew why. Maybe cuz they look alike. 

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think we have better three techs on the roster than him

Somebody might have to go on the block. He was always a tweener type guy

He has the size of a three tech, but he plays and has the strength of a one. But he's still a little undersized ideally for that spot

I guess that's my point.  If the Bills have decided they need to go after a 1T in FA next year with limited funds, they're moving on from Phillips.