Matt Milano is more important to keep than edmunds

Sharky7337

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Milano has better instincts and is more of a impact player for this defense than Edmunds. If we have to resign any of the linebackers, I would argue he is a higher priority then Edmunds and if you couldn't keep both you would let Edmunds walk.

Milano is a good player but the injury bug is concerning.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would like to keep Milano and Edmunds, Milano is the type of LB that you are looking for in todays pass happy NFL. Edmunds is still so young and he makes some amazing plays and some bad ones, I think in time Edmunds will start to minimize the mistakes and get stronger. I would pay Milano a 4 year 50 mil contract right now, he is that valuable to this defense. I would also ask Tre White to take a pay cut to what I wanted to pay him 4 years 60 mil. I think White needs to be given a sugar pill but is told it is the cure to Covid just for the placebo effect. I don't know why but whenever we pay a player top 3 money they turn into garbage. 

Inexperience is no longer a valid excuse. If his shoulder is worse than we know then that would explain some things.  But a bad shoulder does not explain poor recognition and poor angles to the the RB.  

He needs to move outside.  He can use his athleticism there and be a star.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Edmunds is clearly injured, off season surgery would not surprise

I agree.  Clearly I’m not intimate with the situation but I wonder if it is better in the long run for both him and the team to shut him down, place him on IR and get the surgery now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Inexperience is no longer a valid excuse. If his shoulder is worse than we know then that would explain some things.  But a bad shoulder does not explain poor recognition and poor angles to the the RB.  

He needs to move outside.  He can use his athleticism there and be a star.  

Wrong, repetitious and consistent in it's attempt to steal every thread. He's an MLB and when healthy a very good one. People don't want to deal with it, but they should.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Edmunds is clearly injured, off season surgery would not surprise

I think he is playing injured too.  His tackling is tentative at times.  

All MLBs need strong DTs play to be be able to read and react.  Are our DTs forcing the opposing centers to help theIr guards out, leaving Edmunds clear to get to the ball?   No.  They are not.   Sure, Edmunds gets sealed off sometimes by wrong reads, but he gets sealed off more because our DTs don’t penetrate enough.  When you see them blown 2 or 3 yards off the LOS it’s hard to blame Edmunds in my opinion.  

Edmunds has just reached normal Rookie age.  Trade him and regret it down the road.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Milano is a much more replaceable player. He is an above average player, but should not be overvalued because the Bills failed to find a decent back up. It should not be such a big drop off.

Milano is 26; Edmunds is 22. Milano has peaked. He is an overachiever given his physical abilities. Edmunds has a long way to go. He has size and speed that cannot be taught.

In 3 years from now Edmunds will be the much better player in my opinion. 

I'm not anti-Edmunds, but do we really want to wait a total of 6 years for Edmunds to prove how good he can be?

An overachiever? compared to what? He's an excellent linebacker and we are a better team with him than without. What makes you think he's so easily replaceable?

• Like (+1) 3

On paper it seems that Milano should be easier to replace in McD's defense.  But when you watch the games he is more impactful than Edmunds, and there is big difference in a negative way, when Milano is off the field.  The whole defense just seems more disruptive and offenses don't look as dialed-in with Matt M on the field.    Klein's deficiencies certainly make him look even better. 

Milano wasn't on the field for  many of the Jets running plays yesterday.   Thankfully, he was playing on the Jets 4th down try and came crashing in to disrupt the play and help stuff it for no gain.   You just don't see the Bills other LBs make those plays with any frequency. 

When you hear about about a $12 - $14 million / year long term contract, it sure seems high.  But I don't think the Bills will be able to replace him so easily.  And they've wasted money in worse ways in the past. 

When Milano is healthy and on the field he has an impact. But you can't deny he's undersized and often injured. Edmunds is so ridiculously frustrating.  He looks like he should be great but his instincts are terrible which nullifies alot of his talent. Gun to my head and can only sign one it barely would be Milano. Tremaine dropped 2 easy ints yesterday. We need a 3rd LB badly to compliment these 2. 

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not anti-Edmunds, but do we really want to wait a total of 6 years for Edmunds to prove how good he can be?

An overachiever? compared to what? He's an excellent linebacker and we are a better team with him than without. What makes you think he's so easily replaceable?

19 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

On paper it seems that Milano should be easier to replace in McD's defense.  But when you watch the games he is more impactful than Edmunds, and there is big difference in a negative way, when Milano is off the field.  The whole defense just seems more disruptive and offenses don't look as dialed-in with Matt M on the field.    Klein's deficiencies certainly make him look even better. 

Milano wasn't on the field for  many of the Jets running plays yesterday.   Thankfully, he was playing on the Jets 4th down try and came crashing in to disrupt the play and help stuff it for no gain.   You just don't see the Bills other LBs make those plays with any frequency. 

When you hear about about a $12 - $14 million / year long term contract, it sure seems high.  But I don't think the Bills will be able to replace him so easily.  And they've wasted money in worse ways in the past. 

I would argue part of this is due to the back ups being so bad. Klein should not be on the field. If they had even a decent backup it would be a different situation. 

There's no doubt that some players are more instinctive than others which is why some players really need as many reps as they can get.

I think the combination of the injury (I suspect rotator cuff) + limited OTAs, practice time hurt him and he is yet to 'find his groove'.

He's a hard worker.  I think we'd be totally nuts to get rid of him.

26 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

it is unfortunate that we have such a large sample size of Milano off the field to determine the impact of his loss

If I'm building a team and needed to pick a LB between Milano and Edmunds, I'm taking Milano all day and not looking back.  The guys flat out flies and attacks the ball properly. 

Edmunds has regressed so badly this year he should be benched at this phase. He is consistently out of position in the passing and running game. I truly hope you guys are right about this "shoulder injury" as things are looking down hardcore right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Maybe. He definitely is very tentative.

Edmund can't catch either I've seen numerous games where the ball hit him close to his hands or his hands also he gets beat when he's in coverage very slow to the ball but hey his hair looks good under the helmet

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

i'll pass the information along.  thank you for everything you do.

Jeebus WHY do they let these PS guys start threads???  For the love of god why???

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would like to keep Milano and Edmunds, Milano is the type of LB that you are looking for in todays pass happy NFL. Edmunds is still so young and he makes some amazing plays and some bad ones, I think in time Edmunds will start to minimize the mistakes and get stronger. I would pay Milano a 4 year 50 mil contract right now, he is that valuable to this defense. I would also ask Tre White to take a pay cut to what I wanted to pay him 4 years 60 mil. I think White needs to be given a sugar pill but is told it is the cure to Covid just for the placebo effect. I don't know why but whenever we pay a player top 3 money they turn into garbage. 

Ummmmm perhaps cuz he is injured???  You ever play the game?  Ever get hit real real real hard like as in seeing starts hard?  Gimme a break - the guy is injured....playing hurt and yer dissing him....smfh.

4 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

I'll pass the memo along to Beane .... thanks !

Bit too late on that one Teef has ya beat....

Where u watch games in Sarasota?  I usually go to Evi's on Main in downtown Sarasota....I am always looking for a better spot....