Will the Bills Make A Trade?

ngbills

Bills Trade Before Deadline  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Make a Trade?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will You Be Disappointed if They Dont?

• Yes
    • No

I think the Bills need moves on the Defense anywhere. The offense could use help at TE, possibly RB and OL depth. 

List any realistic targets:

Defense

DT - Atkins, Q Williams, Tomlinson, Jarrett

DE/LB - Dunlap, Fowler, Kerrigan, Hewitt

DB -  Poole, King, Gilmore

Offense

TE's - Rudolph, Fells or Njoku

WR's - Will Fuller or John Ross 

RB's - Breida, Freeman, Lindsay

Edited by ngbills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not really sure why, but I'm getting a "we think we're fine with the guys we have" vibe from the Bills. I don't expect them to make a trade.

Part of the problem, it should be mentioned, is that they don't have the cap space to take on any big contracts. Anyone they trade for would have to be pretty cheap.

Speaking specifically of some of the guys mentioned in the OP: We can't afford Atkins, Dunlap, or Rudolph. Maybe if we got someone to take Murphy's bad contract, but that seems like a long shot.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

Difficult part about answering this poll is that while I think most of us "want" a trade for a position, we don't know what the compensation would need to be in order for it to get done. Beane's magical wizardry in the past has made us like, 'Woah, that's a great deal' and to that end, I'm all for it. But if it's giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick, no thanks. If it's a 3rd, it should be for someone relatively younger and still in their prime or at least 4ish good years left, otherwise, I think this team is built for the long haul and don't want to give up picks for that considering where the team is now. 

That said, even the above may not apply for certain players at certain positions - so it really does depend on the position, player and compensation. 

I don't think they will and I won't be disappointed. I think we have the pieces we need. Just need to get healthy on both sides of the ball.

If there was one position I think would help it would be 1 tech DT.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

2019 - Traded away Zay in October; No additions via trade.

2018 - Nothing

2017 - Traded for K Benjamin; Traded away Dareus

2017 - making a playoff push we traded for Benjamin. Clearest issue was offense. 
2018 - no playoffs hopes at deadline  
2019 - attempted to trade for Diggs. Clearest is was offense. 
2020 - playoff push, clearest issue is Defense. They won’t overspend and I think that is what has to be kept in mind but I expect them to make a move defensively to try and get our Defense back on track. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think some fans on here have unrealistic expectations. How many players are actually available for trade? How many can we afford into our cap? How many can be had at a decent value? The options are getting a little slim now aren’t they? 

Some of them are probably hockey fans. They make trades all the time in hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I think the Bills need moves on the Defense anywhere. The offense could use help at TE, possibly RB and OL depth. 

Defense

Offense

In what world are Q Williams and Gilmore realistic targets for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Some of them are probably hockey fans. They make trades all the time in hockey.

If the Bills are trading this season it needs to be an NBA style trade to move salaries to acquire talent. We can’t afford half the talent the OP lists. 

As much as things looked differently a few weeks ago, this team is probably a playoff team, but not a true Super Bowl contender.  As such, does it make sense to give up future assets (mid-to-high round draft picks) for a couple of established veterans in positions of need?  That's aside from Salary Cap considerations.  Are we really one or two players away?  Would one or two new players push us over the top?  And if we have to give up players to acquire players in positions of need, who do we give up?  We could strengthen one area of need, but at the cost of weakening another.

I'm sure Beane is scouring the market and talking with other teams, and would be willing to make a deal that doesn't have long-term negative consequences.

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not really sure why, but I'm getting a "we think we're fine with the guys we have" vibe from the Bills. I don't expect them to make a trade.

Part of the problem, it should be mentioned, is that they don't have the cap space to take on any big contracts. Anyone they trade for would have to be pretty cheap.

Speaking specifically of some of the guys mentioned in the OP: We can't afford Atkins, Dunlap, or Rudolph. Maybe if we got someone to take Murphy's bad contract, but that seems like a long shot.

more or less where I’m at. I don’t see many people selling cheap pieces unless they’re guys they can’t resign next year. That’s why Tomlinson from NYG make some sense, but I think it would have happened after Thursday’s game.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

In what world are Q Williams and Gilmore realistic targets for the Bills.

When the get traded elsewhere...just like with Yannick folks are saying no way he gets traded, would cost too much etc. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Defense

Offense

Bills can't afford guys like Gilmore . Somebody in the last year of a rookie deal for a late round pick,maybe