Patriot Week - Would losing this week be the most disappointing since McDermott took over?

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes. If this one gets away the whole "can't seem to beat the Pats" takes on a new life. They are ripe for the picking, and beating them this weekend puts us in the driver's seat for our first division title in a quarter century.

Exactly, correct! 

And the Patriots have the easier remaining sked, so be better be up 3 games, after this week.

1 hour ago, Gen2 said:

I think this is a much bigger game for the Pats, if they lose to the Bills their hopes to win the division gets pretty dim, if the Bills lose they are still a game ahead of the Pats and in control of their own destiny. 

Untrue. Bills have a much more difficult sked than the Cheatriots. It’s essential that they win!

based on the first 4 games form a loss would not be acceptable. due to our recent injuries and poor form with our defence yes concerned.  but if the offence clicks we should win by 10 points and Mcdermott  knows this....defence shows up stop there run and confidence grows. 

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes the would be about the worst loss during the McDermott era.  Had they lost to the Jets, that would have been the "leader".

Patriots are reeling, we have a lead on them, now is OUR time to take control.

Yes, have to go for the throat and kick’em while they’re down.  I’d even be throwing deep with a 4 TD lead.  

Make a very bold statement!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just go in there and punch them in the mouth. We've been losing to them for 20 years. Enough is enough. Tell your players if they care about the fans of Buffalo and have any pride in their own game, this is the circled game of the year. The changing of the guard. 

100% where I'm at as well. This isn't a must win game but I definitely feel like it is based off our schedule and trying to secure the Division.

If the Bills do lose this week I have no idea the outcome the rest of the year. 

18 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Very simply, the Bills lose Sunday and I will annoint it as bad a loss as any since McD became coach.  Forget the blowouts & playoff losses, the Bills can not afford to lose to the Patriots this week.

I can't think of a game that will bother me more then if they get beaten by Belichek again.

you're right, but the titans two weeks ago really put everyone back on their heels. 

what about the 2017 loss to the Jets in Primetime?

It would be up there. I really don't expect the Pats to have armory to beat us. If we lose this game it will be turnovers and special teams mistakes IMO. It would be extremely disappointing to me.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

you're right, but the titans two weeks ago really put everyone back on their heels. 

That 2017 Jets loss is the other one up there for me. They absolutely demolished us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. 

The Titans loss two weeks ago I am sorry to say I expected. Not as big as it was but I think a lot of Bills fans have been guilty for a couple of years now of underrating the Titans. We had beaten them in the last 3 meetings in very tight games where the bounce of the ball went our way in critical moments. They were due some bounces like the one they got off Roberts's drop right into the DBs hands early on. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yep that one hurt, but we were prepared in 2017 that it was a Process & the Bills were not a good team, were we not?😜

This is the Patriots and adds more weight as the Bills are ascending & the Patriots are supposed to be falling.

• Like (+1) 1

Losing against the Pats* would be a tough pill to swallow and definitely up there with "most disappointing," during McDermott's tenure.

Looking at the bigger picture - getting manhandled in back-to-back weeks vs., TEN and KC, followed by a game in which the offense failed to score one TD against the worst team in the NFL .... if that's followed by a loss to a depleted NE team, I'm letting serious doubt creep in about McDermott's ability to take this team to the next level.

It wouldn't be the worst loss but it might be a significant one.

I saw a fair bit of the 49ers game, and the Cheaters were not very good, at all.

We should be expecting to beat them. If we don't, tbh, it will be embarassing, at least.

9 minutes ago, Buddo said:

It wouldn't be the worst loss but it might be a significant one.

I saw a fair bit of the 49ers game, and the Cheaters were not very good, at all.

We should be expecting to beat them. If we don't, tbh, it will be embarassing, at least.

Find me a worse loss vs. a team the Bills absolutely must beat.

Not just that it is the Pats, but that is followed by two much better teams.

we beat the jets twice and miami once.Us beating NE, no matter how we do it will deflate them for the rest of the season.

this will show we can got 6-0 in the division and with 2 other wins it would show we are on track with 8 wins. That means this game tells us we need 2 more wins on top 

of AFCE sweep. the Chargers and Broncos seem to be the obvious wins putting us at 10. 

if we split with NE or Miami or both it would mean we have to steal 1-2 wins from seahawks,  cardinals, 49'ers or stealers to get us to 10 wins. We may be able to do it with 9 wins the way this division looks but 10 looks better on paper. 

Knowing all this info.. would this be a devastating loss to NE? yes.. Worst loss in Coach McD history with buffalo? maybe..