Patriot Week - Would losing this week be the most disappointing since McDermott took over?

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Not really.

Belichick is a better coach than McD and I like McDermott. He is a good young coach, but is not at the goat's level yet.

Ol Bill is coming off a slide that is unprecedented for NE and this is a division game against a familiar opponent whose OC is also very familiar.

We are the walking wounded and I suspect we have a good chance of losing this game.

I would be disappointed, but not crushed. I have never counted our NE games as wins and I wont till this team can actually prove they can beat them on the field and not just look better on paper.

I am hopeful, but skeptical.

He probably will never reach the level that BB has and that's alright too.  BB is the GOAT and probably the likes of which I will never see again

in my lifetime.  It shouldn't worry Bills fans.

I agree with you it's a very important and emotional game.  I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.

I'm hopeful too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It would be a disappointing loss, but could happen. 

I'm with others who would like to see more threads on the positive side, like how high this team ranks compared to other 5-2 Bills teams.  I think the only Bills teams I was more excited about were probably in the 90s when the Superbowl was there.  The last few 5-2's Bills teams I was concerned with. 

This time at 5-2, I'm very excited, not expecting Superbowl but do believe Division winner and has the feel of just around the corner from the elite teams and on the right trajectory.

We're Bills fans.  I look forward to every game.

The point of the thread is that the last meaningful game the Bills won vs. NE was 2011 (2 other wins included last game of the year and Brady sat & other he was injured).

Prior to that opening day 2003 and the 31-0 shellacking.....

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=4

Some lousy losses, so excuse me if I think this is a game for the Bills not to lose (for their psyche and ours😜).

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We're Bills fans.  I look forward to every game.

The point of the thread is that the last meaningful game the Bills won vs. NE was 2011 (2 other wins included last game of the year and Brady sat & other he was injured).

Prior to that opening day 2003 and the 31-0 shellacking.....

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=4

Some lousy losses, so excuse me if I think this is a game for the Bills not to lose (for their psyche and ours😜).

does anyone think otherwise?

Yes it would be, right now the Bills need to put NE away and get some confidence. Also schedule wise they need to get fat and go to 6-2 going into a tough Seattle and Cardinals stretch. If the Bills lose to NE and can't beat either Seattle or Arizona they are looking at 5-5. Whereas if they can go into those 2 games at 6-2 even if they drop both they are still at 6-4 with a very winnable Chargers game. 

Ideally the Bills take care of the Pats and split the next two games to get to 7-3 and then get fat against the Chargers and 49ers and get to 9-3 and then a tough game against the Steelers before finishing up a stretch against the Broncos, Fins and Pats where they should be able to at worst win 2 out of 3.

That's a successful path to 11 or 12 wins. This team honestly needs to go 5-1 in the division and get this early game against the Pats before they hit a harder stretch in the schedule. 

The Bills are 5-2.  They can go 5-4 the rest of the way and get the 10 wins they need to be almost sure of a playoff slot. 

If they can't go 5-4 the rest of the way, they won't be competitive in the playoffs anyway. 

A win against the beat-up Pats would make it 6-2, and the need to go only 4-4 the rest of the way. 

46 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills are 5-2.  They can go 5-4 the rest of the way and get the 10 wins they need to be almost sure of a playoff slot. 

If they can't go 5-4 the rest of the way, they won't be competitive in the playoffs anyway. 

A win against the beat-up Pats would make it 6-2, and the need to go only 4-4 the rest of the way. 

Thanks for the math lesson.😋

However this is the Pats and a game they need to win to get the monkey off their back.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Very simply, the Bills lose Sunday and I will annoint it as bad a loss as any since McD became coach.  Forget the blowouts & playoff losses, the Bills can not afford to lose to the Patriots this week.

I can't think of a game that will bother me more then if they get beaten by Belichek again.

Honestly yes. This is the chance for the Bills to show the NFL they are the new leaders of this division and a loss to an honestly just bad Patriot team would be extremely disappointing.

Losing this week would be very bad on so many fronts. 

this monkey needs to be removed  at the nearest opportunity....

Go Bills!!!

I think this is a much bigger game for the Pats, if they lose to the Bills their hopes to win the division gets pretty dim, if the Bills lose they are still a game ahead of the Pats and in control of their own destiny. 

8 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

I think this is a much bigger game for the Pats, if they lose to the Bills their hopes to win the division gets pretty dim, if the Bills lose they are still a game ahead of the Pats and in control of their own destiny. 

And lose and again we go to being BB's whipping boy and Monday will be insufferable from the media.

Sorry don't need that.....

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Allen must use short passes this week. The Pats secondary is too talented. But not at good pressure or run d.  How the Bill's have to attack there D.

I would have agreed with your statement last year, not this year.

The pats secondary is not 'too talented', they are 'kinda talented', with most of that attributed to Gimour (who by the way isn't having his greatest year).  That secondary is good, but getting old and showing signs of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And lose and again we go to being BB's whipping boy and Monday will be insufferable from the media.

Sorry don't need that.....

I quit caring what the media says many many years ago, they are just people who get paid for espousing their opinions on TV and radio, and their opinions for the most part are just as invalid as the opinions of us fuzz brained fans who post them in forums. The only difference is we fans are blinded by our loyalty to "our team" and the media "experts" are blinded by their ratings. Buffalo won't sell to the national audience whereas NY, NE, LA will. If you'll remember back in the 90s, the media wanted anyone but the Bills in the Super Bowl.

I was listening to some sports show this afternoon that was saying that New England was STILL the favorites to win the division. Their reasoning was of the two teams they are chasing, one is going to be starting a rookie QB so they're not going to be a factor, and the Bills haven't looked too good the last three games so they are crashing and burning.  No mention that the Pats also looked like a pile of steaming fecal material these last three weeks, and the small fact that the Bills have a two game cushion to right their ship.