Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think they would still pull a second for him, especially from the Cowboys.  He’s got talent, hasn’t put it together yet for sure. When he’s comfortable he’s good, when he gets rattled, it’s over.

The Darnold to Cowboys makes a lot of sense and yeah i think a 2 would do it.  I assume Darnold  isn't experienced enough or has the qualities you want to instill in Trevor Lawrence.  Jets need Fitzpattick next year to mentor T Lawrence, that would be the ideal.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think if Josh Allen was drafted by the Jets you would think he is a bad QB and on a bad team.

Look at what getting competent receivers has done for Allen, he has Beasely, Smoke and Diggs as compared to the crap he stared with.  No QB I know can go run routs and catch his own footballs.

This is a variant of the absolute worst take in the history of Bills message boards:  “[Insert superstar player’s name] would have sucked if we had drafted him because [insert excuse].”  What we know is that Allen is a franchise QB and Darnold is soon to be a backup somewhere.  And for the record, Allen has been better than Darnold well before he got Diggs, etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Dalvin Tomlinson please! Good young player especially vs the run. Still on a rookie deal and shouldn't cost more than a mid-round pick. 

Yup. He'll be our Star replacement for the season.

Would give up a 5th, maybeeeee a 4th for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

I don’t see the Jets moving Darnold in season. Wait until the draft order is setup, than pull a trade when you know where you’re sitting, he could be a huge part of moving to #1 if you’re not in that spot come April.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

This is a variant of the absolute worst take in the history of Bills message boards:  “[Insert superstar player’s name] would have sucked if we had drafted him because [insert excuse].”  What we know is that Allen is a franchise QB and Darnold is soon to be a backup somewhere.  And for the record, Allen has been better than Darnold well before he got Diggs, etc.

Oh I see, it is the variant of the worst take because I disagree with you, Yep, got it.

"Allen has been better than Darnold well before he got Diggs, etc".

Really?  LOL   Lets compare rookie years, before Allen get his team to help with competent receivers in Brown, Diggs and Beasley..

J Allen 52.8 % 10 TDs 12 ints 67.9 rating, 2074 passing yards

S Darnold  57.7%, 17 tdS 15 INTS 77.6 rating, 2,865 passing yards 

Sorry, you lose, not even close.

And no Allen is not a suerpstar, at least not yet.

4 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I don’t see the Jets moving Darnold in season. Wait until the draft order is setup, than pull a trade when you know where you’re sitting, he could be a huge part of moving to #1 if you’re not in that spot come April.

I think we all "know" where the jets will be sitting; maybe that is why the dont fire Gase or Gregg Williams.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh I see, it is the variant of the worst take because I disagree with you, Yep, got it.

"Allen has been better than Darnold well before he got Diggs, etc".

Really?  LOL   Lets compare rookie years, before Allen get his team to help with competent receivers in Brown, Diggs and Beasley..

J Allen 52.8 % 10 TDs 12 ints 67.9 rating, 2074 passing yards

S Darnold  57.7%, 17 tdS 15 INTS 77.6 rating, 2,865 passing yards 

Sorry, you lose, not even close.

And no Allen is not a suerpstar, at least not yet.

What are the per game stats? Darnold started and played two more games than Josh their rookie years... 

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

With the Covid protocols in place expect trades this week instead of on the actual trade deadline day 

Don't understand how/why Covid would impact it?  Regardless when the trade is made there will be a certain waiting period for the player to be cleared.  I believe that the timing for a player traded is much shorter than one that was released as a traded player has maintained presence inside a "virtual bubble".

Also read something it was actually in regards to one of the Bills players that waiting until after the week 8 games which is next week this time created some type of financial advantages around the cap  So could still see the traditional last minute moves between Monday and Tuesday.

Having said all that I do think they will try to trade away one D lineman maybe just for picks to create an open roster slot for Feleciano at whatever point he is ready to be activated.  You could release an O lineman, but a little risky if Ford is still out hurt too.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really hope not, cause I love him, but it seems possible. 

I think that anybody that knows the quality of person that Phillips is agrees with the statement. I think we all hope that it’s just injury recovery that has hampered his play this year. If so, we saw a very good player last season prior to his injury and have to hope that player will re-emerge once recovered.

• Like (+1) 2