Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

17 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Like he was for us? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5927219

Y’all have some short memories.

When exactly was Fitz on the Bills team to mentor a young QB? 

Perhaps those pills will refresh your memory....the Bills CUT him at the start of the league year in 2013,  before they drafted EJ

It is said that Nix tried to renegotiate an offer, but all Fitz has said is that it was never a negotiation, just an offer he rejected and no follow-up

In the end, we had Fitz under a contract we didn't want to honor, and he was cut.

One line of thought goes that Marrone wanted to introduce a WCO and lacked confidence that Fitz, a career-long EP QB, could play in and mentor in that system.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if its been mentioned in the thread already, but Cowboys are reportedly also shopping Dontari Poe. Haven't seen much on the guy the past couple years. Would he still be a good option as a space eater and firming up the run D?

Just now, Herc11 said:

Not sure if its been mentioned in the thread already, but Cowboys are reportedly also shopping Dontari Poe. Haven't seen much on the guy the past couple years. Would he still be a good option as a space eater and firming up the run D?

I'd definitely explore it if he has been playing well. I haven't seen him at all to form an opinion right now though.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When exactly was Fitz on the Bills team to mentor a young QB? 

Perhaps those pills will refresh your memory....the Bills CUT him at the start of the league year in 2013,  before they drafted EJ

It is said that Nix tried to renegotiate an offer, but all Fitz has said is that it was never a negotiation, just an offer he rejected and no follow-up

In the end, we had Fitz under a contract we didn't want to honor, and he was cut.

One line of thought goes that Marrone wanted to introduce a WCO and lacked confidence that Fitz, a career-long EP QB, could play in and mentor in that system.

That’s the irony. He’s getting so much love by a fan base he flew from, for being a perceived mentor he that was not willing to be for us. Don’t get me wrong, our FO didn’t handle the situation well. They don’t get a pass. And we suffered for it.

Fitz was under a contract that we didn’t want to pay for, given our return in investment. But if we take off the Fitz Fan Club wedding decoder ring, we can also admit that Fitz declined to restructure. Something inconceivable given his current reputation. And he ended up going to be the Titans backup instead of a mentor for a little less than he would have made anyway.

I get it. He felt awkward sticking around after being seen as a wasted investment and didn’t want to train his replacement. All understandable for a normal person who hasn’t been canonized. It just goes against his legend so people leave that part out. You can love Fitz. There are 5 threads every game week about him. Just don’t let the legend get in the way of history. 

7 minutes ago, benderbender said:

That’s the irony. He’s getting so much love by a fan base he flew from, for being a perceived mentor he that was not willing to be for us. Don’t get me wrong, our FO didn’t handle the situation well. They don’t get a pass. And we suffered for it.

Fitz was under a contract that we didn’t want to pay for, given our return in investment. But if we take off the Fitz Fan Club wedding decoder ring, we can also admit that Fitz declined to restructure.

I dunno about "Fitz Fanclub Wedding Decoder Ring", but there's at least an equal and opposite "Secret Decoder Ring" going down to interpret that as "he wasn't willing" to be a mentor for us, or "he wasn't willing" to restructure, or he signed with the Titans for less than he could have got here.

And he ended up going to be the Titans backup instead of a mentor for a little less than he would have made anyway.

Do you know what the Bills offered Fitz?  I don't.  The Bills publicly said they offered him an "incentive laden $3M average" 4 year deal, but there's a lot of "devil in the details" including what was the first year base salary (multi-year deals normally pay out most in the last years), what was guaranteed, what was base salary, what were the incentives he had to meet.  The smart observer always hones in on the guaranteed $$ and the first year.

One story is Bills offered about what they signed Tarvaris Jackson for, which was $550,000 in signing and workout bonus, $1.25M bonus if he played 60% of the snaps and additional $1M if he played 65% (start 10 or 11 games). 

The Titans gave Fitz a 2 year contract with $3.25M in guaranteed money.  So yeah, not necessarily "a little less" than he would have made here - unless you got inside gouge the rest of us lack.

Just don’t let the legend get in the way of history. 

I'm not sure you've got the correct history here, is all. 

I think "Marrone was lukewarm on Fitz's potential as a WCO QB/mentor and the Bills didn't make a serious effort to negotiate" is equally or more likely to be objectively correct.

And no, there aren't 5 threads about him every week, I know, because I'm a mod and it's part of my job to keep that from happening.

• Like (+1) 1

Ertz Ertz Ertz

What am I missing? Thought there'd be more chatter about this and now think I'm dumb and overlooking something obvious. I feel like this is one of the only possible realities that will upgrade this team right now. He's coming back from his current injury this year, he's not happy in Philly, he's talented. Likely a process dude, etc. Seems like a perfect fit.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Ertz Ertz Ertz

What am I missing? Thought there'd be more chatter about this and now think I'm dumb and overlooking something obvious. I feel like this is one of the only possible realities that will upgrade this team right now. He's coming back from his current injury this year, he's not happy in Philly, he's talented. Likely a process dude, etc. Seems like a perfect fit.

If I’m not mistaken a player on the IR cannot be traded, once he went on the IR it’s a minimum of three weeks and past the trade deadline.

6 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

If I’m not mistaken a player on the IR cannot be traded, once he went on the IR it’s a minimum of three weeks and past the trade deadline.

Cheers, that's what I'm missing. He's coming off but I wasn't aware of the 3 week minimum conflicting with the trade deadline. Also, Yahoo for whatever reason is claiming that "Ertz can still be traded".

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That is an interesting name. Any info on the historical background of Shemar?

Starting DT. Good run stuffer. Plays for a team with a bad record and very little cap space. One year left on his deal (2021). Minnesota would save $3.6M this year by trading him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, Herc11 said:

He was cut, he'd be a good add but who do we cut to add him or do we just IR someone for the roster spot?

On 10/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, Herc11 said:

I hope so, this team needs a nose tackle more than anything right now. Preferably 2.

21 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Starting DT. Good run stuffer. Plays for a team with a bad record and very little cap space. One year left on his deal (2021). Minnesota would save $3.6M this year by trading him.

can they send kendricks with him?  

Sadly Fitz has a curse that follows him around... I would want him if his curse wasn't actually real, but the same exact scenario plays out over and over with him. The Dolphins are the one team that seems to be aware of it and took him out before his curse took place. Let's see if the Fitz curse is broken or will Tua get injured and Fitz return....

Edited by TBBills

27 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I hope so, this team needs a nose tackle more than anything right now. Preferably 2.

Yikes...Poe is brutal.

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can they send kendricks with him?  

Could they? Yes. Would they? Doubt it. It would increase his cap number next year when the cap is doing to drop