Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

Beane owes it to this fan base to aggressively pursue a front seven stud even if it means parting with a high draft choice. A tackle or a run stuffing linebacker. A db would be nice as well, but Jackson gives us hope as a depth guy. This team can be as good as our defense allows it to be. Beane should own up to whiffing on keeping the wrong Phillips and the effectiveness of Epenesa in his rookie year. Jefferson and Addison are ok, but we need 2 more quality run defenders for rotational purposes and depth. This can be a special year if our upper management goes all in.

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If your team has a RB then the running stats get skewed. Allen has so many TD's because the Bills give it to him more than the RB's down at the goal line. That is not to say a running QB does not have value. But it needs to be used wisely like the Hawks with Wilson. Allen's running stats were in big part due to his deficienciescinces as a passer his first two years. 

What about Newton? That wasn’t an argument when he was running for TD in the red zone? Why is that a negative for Josh? 

7 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Beane owes it to this fan base to aggressively pursue a front seven stud even if it means parting with a high draft choice. A tackle or a run stuffing linebacker. A db would be nice as well, but Jackson gives us hope as a depth guy. This team can be as good as our defense allows it to be. Beane should own up to whiffing on keeping the wrong Phillips and the effectiveness of Epenesa in his rookie year. Jefferson and Addison are ok, but we need 2 more quality run defenders for rotational purposes and depth. This can be a special year if our upper management goes all in.

Owes it to the fanbase? 😂. The last thing a GM should do is be dictated to by the fans or media. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Look I for one am not debating the merits of Darnold versus Allen, I am a big Allen fan.  The point of topic was Darnold given the same opportunity as Allen I stand by my belief he was not, Darnold was almost set up for failure, certainly this year.  Allen is set up for success.

And no i didnt include rushing yards, i also didnt include fumbles which is a real problem for Allen.

I included TDs and Ints so people could see the raw numbers, fine go ahead and use TD/INT ratio.  Allen had more ints than TDs, Darnolds had more TDs than INTs.

I totally understand what you’re getting at.. but it can be argued Darnold was given a better chance to succeed from the get go. You seem to argue that 2019 was better because the Bills went out and got Josh some competent help... which I agree. 

Robby Anderson, Chris Herndon and Quincy Enunwa were much better options than Zay Jones, Robert Foster and a few games of Kelvin Benjamin in 2018. The Jets went out and got Bell and Crowder in 2019 when we got Brown and Beasley. It’s not like Darnold hasn’t been given weapons to use. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I don’t understand why so many people say they “feel sorry” for Darnold, as if he’s some budding superstar trapped in a situation beyond his control.  He’s a bad QB on a bad team.  They are a bad team in part because he’s a bad quarterback.  These things go hand-in-hand.  I doubt the Jets could get more than a fourth round pick for him right now.  Darnold’s lucky he’s not in Josh Rosen’s shoes, riding out the season on someone’s practice squad.

I got two words for you - Adam Gase.  See Ryan Tannenhill as exhibit #1.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I totally understand what you’re getting at.. but it can be argued Darnold was given a better chance to succeed from the get go. You seem to argue that 2019 was better because the Bills went out and got Josh some competent help... which I agree. 

Robby Anderson, Chris Herndon and Quincy Enunwa were much better options than Zay Jones, Robert Foster and a few games of Kelvin Benjamin in 2018. The Jets went out and got Bell and Crowder in 2019 when we got Brown and Beasley. It’s not like Darnold hasn’t been given weapons to use. 

Good points and i have zero animus toward Darnold but maybe his time with Gase and the jets will ruin him.  God knows the Bills have ruined their fair share of QBs.  I wont lose any sleep if Danold flops, he can join Josh Rosen.  I am a tad upset Mayfield he a great game yesterday.  Great to think after all the Allen bashing we got that best of the top 4.  L Jackson is another long story.

13 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

I strongly disagree with this. First, Beane owes us nothing. We’re not even paying customers with no ticket sales lol. Even if we were teams owe nothing to fans. It’s their job and money on the line not ours. 

Second, the talent is there for the defense to be effective. It’s on the coaches to maximize these guys skill sets. It’s a puzzle and they’re putting it together. Moving Hughes to the other end spot so him and Addison are on the field together has begun to pay off in the pass rush. This New England game should tell a good story about the progress of the D. Beane is very limited on what moves he can make and ways to manipulate the cap here. This stud you seek will be extremely difficult to work into the cap situation. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Owes it to the fanbase? 😂. The last thing a GM should do is be dictated to by the fans or media. 

Reminds me of Marv's famous quote, which was something along the lines of "if you play to the whims of the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them."

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Actually, it makes no sense.  Dallas has a long term commitment to Dak Prescott.  The Cowboys are not going to trade for Darnold who has this year, next year & a possible 5th year option on his contract.  Obviously with their commitment to Dak, they wouldn't pick up the 5th year.  So why trade for a guy for the rest of this season who doesn't currently know your offense & then expect him to sit behind Dak next year.  The price would be a high draft choice.  Too much to pay on Dallas' end.  

As far as the Jets trading Darnold, they shouldn't trade Darnold in season and start Joe Flacco.  Flacco is done, period. They can tank for Trevor, but remember if he doesn't want to be a Jet he can stay in college-just like Peyton Manning chose to do when the Jets had the top pick in 1997 and Peyton stayed in school. The Jets have no choice but to keep playing Darnold & see what they have.  He either produces some wins & stays or he loses them all & they draft Lawrence IF he declares for the draft.  Until the Jets have clinched the #1 pick & Lawrence has declared for the draft, they shouldn't trade Darnold.  However, since we're talking the Jets they could be crazy enough to trade Darnold.  If they do, then it's because after seeing him in games & practice, management has determined he's a bust & they want to trade him now before he devalues himself by playing the rest of the season. 

If Darnold ends up being traded, it will be to a team that thinks he can be their starter, at least for 2021 and possibly well beyond that.  The profile of that team is a team that currently has a veteran QB whose last year with the team is 2020.  Most likely landing spots are Indianapolis, if they cut ties with Rivers, Pittsburgh if Roethlisberger wins the Super Bowl & rides off to the sunset like P. Manning & Elway did, or New England if Cam keeps sucking like he's done since his return.  If one of those teams wants him to sit this year & learn then that's the only way he's getting traded during this season.  The only possible in season trade I can imagine is a trade to Indy for Brissette & a draft choice.  

Nobody is trading out of #1.

If the Giants or Better yet the Bengals who have 1 win, end up w the first pick, you think they won’t be interested in trading the #1 pick with Burrow on the roster?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

If the Giants or Better yet the Bengals who have 1 win, end up w the first pick, you think they won’t be interested in trading the #1 pick with Burrow on the roster?

The Giants will drop Danny Dimes for Lawrence in a NY (NJ?) minute.  The Bengals will never get the #1 pick.  The only legitimate contenders for the top pick are the Jets, Jaguars & Giants.   

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Giants will drop Danny Dimes for Lawrence in a NY (NJ?) minute.  The Bengals will never get the #1 pick.  The only legitimate contenders for the top pick are the Jets, Jaguars & Giants.   

The point is we’re 7 games in, Burrow can get injured next game, and they’re done. I expect the Jets to have the #1 pick but don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You get stuck at number 2 behind the Giants or Jags, or whomever and now you don’t have Lawrence or Darnold.

1 hour ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Owes it to the fan base - what a terrible sentiment. 

He owes it to the team to do what he can to win now AND ensure they can re-sign players and win in the future.

He does not owe the fan base anything.  His responsibility is to provide talent to the team and he has done that.  If he has an offer that makes sense and can help the team now and in the coming years - he will explore it and decide if it works.

The fan base wants immediate gratification and does not look long term or for what is good for the team and if they mess up - the fan base turns and blames others for doing something short sighted.  

I want a GM with a long term outlook to grow and nurture the team over the next 3-5-7 and 10 years to adjust to what is occurring and keep pushing forward.

• Like (+1) 2