Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I expect we will be getting 2 players, and getting rid of one. Don’t ask me who. 😛

I fully expect Harry Phillips to be shipped out. I would be surprised if we bring in 2 players just based on the compensation we would have to give up

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I fully expect Harry Phillips to be shipped out. I would be surprised if we bring in 2 players just based on the compensation we would have to give up

I doubt he has any takers. Maybe get a conditional 6

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I doubt he has any takers. Maybe get a conditional 6

A conditional 6th is better than him taking up space as a roster spot as an inactive on gamedays. But yeah, going to be tough to ship him off for anything substantial. I would expect a 6 next year. 

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

I'm sure Darnold is ready to move on from the Jets, too.  I feel bad for that dude.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Gugny said:

I'm sure Darnold is ready to move on from the Jets, too.  I feel bad for that dude.

I don’t understand why so many people say they “feel sorry” for Darnold, as if he’s some budding superstar trapped in a situation beyond his control.  He’s a bad QB on a bad team.  They are a bad team in part because he’s a bad quarterback.  These things go hand-in-hand.  I doubt the Jets could get more than a fourth round pick for him right now.  Darnold’s lucky he’s not in Josh Rosen’s shoes, riding out the season on someone’s practice squad.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah he really had next to no shot in NYC, wonder how long or if he can ever regain his potential. It must be how players used to feel about getting traded/drafted by the Bills.  Sure does seem nice for a change.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t understand why so many people say they “feel sorry” for Darnold, as if he’s some budding superstar trapped in a situation beyond his control.  He’s a bad QB on a bad team.  They are a bad team in part because he’s a bad quarterback.  These things go hand-in-hand.  I doubt the Jets could get more than a fourth round pick for him right now.  Darnold’s lucky he’s not in Josh Rosen’s shoes, riding out the season on someone’s practice squad.

I think they would still pull a second for him, especially from the Cowboys.  He’s got talent, hasn’t put it together yet for sure. When he’s comfortable he’s good, when he gets rattled, it’s over.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think I feel sorry for him because I've watched the Bills ruin multiple QBs over the years.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think if Josh Allen was drafted by the Jets you would think he is a bad QB and on a bad team.

Look at what getting competent receivers has done for Allen, he has Beasely, Smoke and Diggs as compared to the crap he stared with.  No QB I know can go run routs and catch his own footballs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

I think they would still pull a second for him, especially from the Cowboys.  He’s got talent, hasn’t put it together yet for sure. When he’s comfortable he’s good, when he gets rattled, it’s over.

Why would the Cowboys do that?  So they can get to 5-11 or 6-10?  Do you think making the playoffs with a losing record and getting trounced in the first round is something Jerry Jones will mortgage the future for?  

• Like (+1) 1