GMF Peter Schrager LMAO

4 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

like I said, call it a conspiracy theory on my part, but it sure looks like a cream puff schedule set up for the bucs to be there. after all, he's their poster girl, give her one more ring, then she rides off in to the sun set?

Except there's an actual set pattern NFL schedules follow so thats sorta debunked before it could ever even get any traction.

It cant really even be a theory. it would just be somebody not paying attention to how the scheduling pattern works.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

like I said, call it a conspiracy theory on my part, but it sure looks like a cream puff schedule set up for the bucs to be there. after all, he's their poster girl, give her one more ring, then she rides off in to the sun set?

you do realize that the teams on Tampas schedule was set when the playoffs began last year right?  Like....before Tom decided to sign there?  Sure, he may have looked at the schedule and decided on Tampa because it was such a cakewalk, but there’s no conspiracy here

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Except there's an actual set pattern NFL schedules follow so thats sorta debunked before it could ever even get any traction.

It cant really even be a theory. it would just be somebody not paying attention to how the scheduling pattern works.

Just now, NewEra said:

you do realize that the teams on Tampas schedule was set when the playoffs began last year right?  Like....before Tom decided to sign there?  Sure, he may have looked at the schedule and decided on Tampa because it was such a cakewalk, but there’s no conspiracy here

122074183_5212862618786562_7704190560536

8 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

my obligatory F Tom Brady.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I gotta say, it feels like the Twilight Zone to see the Patriots ranked somewhere other than top of the mountain. I suppose that's what happens when a team dominates for 20 years. 

They did lose a lot of players and had players opt out but Belichick believes he can succeed with any player plugged into his system. Year after year he wins games with guys that might be backups on a different team. He's always been able to do that because he never has to compensate for the most important position in the game: QB. When that's taken care of, it makes everything else a lot easier. You can afford to be below average in a few spots because you know you have a QB that can strap the team on his back at any moment. 

I also feel like he's in a bit over his head. I know he's done this in other years but again, he doesn't have the luxury of not having to worry about the QB and really the offense in general since he has McDaniels. But other than him, I don't believe he has a defensive coordinator or a special teams coach, I believe he's handling those aspects himself and delegating things to his mullet-headed kid and some other assistants. He's also the GM so he has a lot on his plate and maybe he should really consider balancing his staff a little better so he doesn't have so much responsibility. 

This is 100% a winnable game for the Bills. Two ugly losses and an ugly win... shake it off, go in there and smack them around and win in a definitive fashion, doshgarnnit! 

He's at again this morning.  Bill Belichick owns the Bills, he never loses to them, wont lost to them this Sunday and Patriots turn it around.  Lets leave out the fact that #12 is gone.  Lets leave out the fact that last year we almost beat the Pats twice with #12.

Edited by streetkings01

41 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

He's at again this morning.  Bill Belichick owns the Bills, he never loses to them, wont lost to them this Sunday and Patriots turn it around.  Lets leave out the fact that #12 is gone.  Lets leave out the fact that last year we almost beat the Pats twice with #12.

Yeah that was pretty brutal on GMFB.  They did not even attempt to be balanced with one of them taking the Bills side.  They're not wrong, but it was a brutal reminder how futile the Bills vs Patriots matchups have been.  

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yeah that was pretty brutal on GMFB.  They did not even attempt to be balanced with one of them taking the Bills side.  They're not wrong, but it was a brutal reminder how futile the Bills vs Patriots matchups have been.  

Yeah I know the history, but did you notice not once did they mention Brady? They acted as if he had nothing to do with beat downs for 20 years, like it was all Belichick. 

Can’t wait to hear talk radio today especially GMF today when they discuss the Pats. I already read an article on ESPN about how this season eerily similar to Belichick’s 2000 season before they won it all in 2001 and once again leaving out that he had Tom Brady.

IMO under Belichick I can see the Pats being a team that will always have a solid to very good defense year in and year out, they’ll also have some seasons where they win double digit games and make the playoffs, but they’ll also have some mediocre seasons thrown in there as well.

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Can’t wait to hear talk radio today especially GMF today when they discuss the Pats. I already read an article on ESPN about how this season eerily similar to Belichick’s 2000 season before they won it all in 2001 and once again leaving out that he had Tom Brady.

IMO under Belichick I can see the Pats being a team that will always have a solid to very good defense year in and year out, they’ll also have some seasons where they win double digit games and make the playoffs, but they’ll also have some mediocre seasons thrown in there as well.

BB is still an all time great coach. However, I think they need to find a GM if that team is going to win double digit games again. Belichick’s greatest hurdle to success is the GM, and the GM happens to be him. Brady made countless average players look good. They no longer have that luxury, and Belichick’s love of players that fit his system over talent will come back to haunt him. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, hondo in seattle said:

When I first heard Brady was leaving NE, I still believed the Patriots would be competitive because of their strong defense and excellent coaching staff.

I only began to doubt them when they led the NFL in COVID opt outs.   Belichick is a great coach.  But even a great coach can't win without good players and right now the Pats just don't have enough of them.  

Some people are just conservative by nature.  They have trouble believing in change until it happens.  I'm a bit that way.  I'm not surprised the Bills are leading the AFCE at this point but I am surprised the Pats are in 3rd.  I was predicting Bills, Pats, Fins, Jets.  It's just hard to imagine - despite contrary predictive evidence - a Pats fall of this magnitude.  

Even now, I'm not putting next week's game in the win column just yet.  Belichick has ruined too many Sundays for me to discount him.  

But look at how many times in spite of all this the Pats have had a chance at the end of the game. 3 times they have had the ball at the end of the game with the ability to tie or take the lead. Seahawks, Broncos, Bills. All 3 times they failed. 

The NFL has a narrow margin between teams that are 2-5 and teams that are 6-2. The Bills and Pats records could easily be reversed if not for some luck, timely plays the Bills have made the Pats haven't and a few fortuitous calls by the refs.

The big difference between Bills under McD versus other coaches during the drought is that more often than not the Bills are the team making the plays to win the games when it's crunch time versus the other team making the plays.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The big difference between Bills under McD versus other coaches during the drought is that more often than not the Bills are the team making the plays to win the games when it's crunch time versus the other team making the plays.

Truth. We were on that other side of close loses for what seemed like forever in years past. Every monday morning going over and over all the should of could ofs. Its nice to be sitting here on a Monday with another W. Go Bills!

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

We're 30 minutes into the show and nothing yet lol

Now the Dolphins are gonna be the team beat.....that's what I'm expecting Schrager to say.  He's hoping anyone but the Bills wins that AFC East.

I thought they were fairly balanced.  They didn't tarnish the win.  They did give a fair amount of coverage to the game.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:53 AM, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

Nope.

In the 2021 regular season schedule is Tampa Bay @ New England. Which will be the week 1 Sunday Night Football game.

She's not riding off into the sunset before then.