GMF Peter Schrager LMAO

54 minutes ago, ganesh said:

he will still need a Franchise QB.   No coach can win in the NFL without having a Franchise QB

It is true that "occasionally" a team can win without a franchise QB but it is rare. 

BB is a great NFL HC but anyone thinking he can consistently win without a very good QB is fooling themselves.

So far this season the evidence is piling up that BB should of kept Brady around a couple years more.

I'm glad his ego didn't let him do that.  I also wonder how Kraft is feeling about this situation?  LOL.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Screw that I want to BEAT them TWICE let them split with the jets , unless it’s a game that will be resting our starters and even then I still want to BEAT their A$$

I mean - obviously it would be great to sweep the Pats - who doesn't want to. A large reason for the Pats dynasty was the afc east failure to develop a contender from a year to year basis. The afc east most certainly isn't the same as say, Pitt/Balt/Cinny/CLV where they all play each other hard (over the last two decades). How great would it be to say we were able to sweep our own division or to be able to walk into a season an say - oh look - that should be 6 wins.

Although, if we lost to the Pats in week 16 because we were resting starters would also be acceptable although I'd want to hammer home that we were the better team.  

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I first heard Brady was leaving NE, I still believed the Patriots would be competitive because of their strong defense and excellent coaching staff.

I only began to doubt them when they led the NFL in COVID opt outs.   Belichick is a great coach.  But even a great coach can't win without good players and right now the Pats just don't have enough of them.  

Some people are just conservative by nature.  They have trouble believing in change until it happens.  I'm a bit that way.  I'm not surprised the Bills are leading the AFCE at this point but I am surprised the Pats are in 3rd.  I was predicting Bills, Pats, Fins, Jets.  It's just hard to imagine - despite contrary predictive evidence - a Pats fall of this magnitude.  

Even now, I'm not putting next week's game in the win column just yet.  Belichick has ruined too many Sundays for me to discount him.  

Billy B is a great coach but even he can only do so much. I did think after the Pats were 2-1 with a close loss to Seattle maybe Cam and some smoke and mirrors could get them to 9+ wins. But they are just too depleted. They don't have the weapons on offense to make it and the defense is depleted.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Different time and a different NFL than what it is now. The NFL of today you can’t win with a Dilfer, Johnson, Gannon, or even Taylor for that matter. Now a days you need a QB. 

Or the legendary Bears or Ravens defenses...

An interesting thing about NE:  

Some folks are using this season's results and proof of Belichick's dependence Brady.  But the collapse of the Pats defense is more dramatic than the collapse of the offense.  

Their defense is currently ranked #17.  That's sixteen spots below last season's #1 ranking.

Their offense is currently ranked #24.  That's nine slots below last year's mediocre #15 ranking.  

There are a lot of personnel losses - beyond Brady - that are hurting the Pats.  And as a Bills fan, it's fun to see.  

Beating them twice and taking the AFCE crown - both of which seem doable - would make this season epic.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can one up this.... This morning on "First things first" Nick Wright(a complete clown) claimed the Pats had nothing to worry about because after they beat the bills this week they'll be a game back and the Bills will implode. Said and 8 pt win against the Jets should actually register as a loss..... I had a chuckle.

Don't ever listen to Nick Wrights opinion. 

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

An interesting thing about NE:  

Some folks are using this season's results and proof of Belichick's dependence Brady.  But the collapse of the Pats defense is more dramatic than the collapse of the offense.  

Their defense is currently ranked #17.  That's sixteen spots below last season's #1 ranking.

Their offense is currently ranked #24.  That's nine slots below last year's mediocre #15 ranking.  

There are a lot of personnel losses - beyond Brady - that are hurting the Pats.  And as a Bills fan, it's fun to see.  

Beating them twice and taking the AFCE crown - both of which seem doable - would make this season epic.  

A good Offence with a strong lead usually makes the same teams defense look better.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, you’re right.  Belichick isn’t good.  MY BAD.

Never said he wasn't good. I'm just saying I think he gets too much credit for what he did in NE. Could he gave won a SB or two without Brady? Maybe. but he wouldn't have gotten to 11 championship games or whatever it was and 6 SBs without Brady. Give him a number of years without the greatest QB of all time and see what happens. If he gets to another SB without him, I will gladly eat crow

Bill is great. But I think he overestimated their ability to transfer whats in their heads to the general on the field who actually has to make the plays. They had a relentless automation for 20 years, now they don't and it ain't as easy as 'ole Tom makes it seem.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

He's not the best ever. Tom Brady carried that team for years. They would never have had the success they did without him. While Cam was throwing multiple ints yesterday, Brady put 5 tds on the board. 

They will never have the success they had without him again, and Belichick will be exposed as a coach who succeeded simply because he happened to have the GOAT as his Qb. 

BB was an incredible coordinator years and years prior to being a HC. His D beat us in SB XXV. Agree to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm actually impressed with what Belichick did with Cassel.  Here's how Wikipedia sums up Cassel's year as Brady's replacement:

By the end of the 2008 season, Cassel had become the first quarterback in NFL history to record at least 10 wins, 325 completions, a 63% completion mark, 3,600 passing yards, 20 touchdown passes, 11 or fewer interceptions, and 250 rushing yards in a single season.

Cassel didn't reprise that level of excellence with the Bills.  Or with any other team he played for.  His best year was under Belichick because Belichick is a mastermind.

When Charlie Weis was Belichick's  OC, people thought he was a genius.  I think his post-Belichick record disproves that opinion.  

As a great head coach, Belichick makes his players and coaches look good - better than they'd be somewhere else.  

Cassell also played on a team that was 16-0 the year before and was one game way from a perfect season. That 08 team still had pretty much all those same players. It doesn't matter who Belichick had that season, the Pats were not gonna go from a near 19-0 record the year before to 3-13 the next year and even if you make that argument for one fluke year for Cassell, he still did nothing with any other QB he had

Edited by Buffalo03

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, you’re right.  Belichick isn’t good.  MY BAD.

How's his team doing this year?  And before we hear about covid nonsense that everyone is dealing with, as well as injuries, I'll throw it out there. 

Brady was NE, not Belichick. I think Belichick gets waaaay too much credit. It was Brady out in the field continuously shredding defenses and throwing dimes all over the field. 

2 minutes in a game and Brady with the ball struck fear in anyone with the lead.  Belichick wasn't executing out there, Brady was...over and over and over again. 

We've met our demise at the hands of Brady for decades. Some of his best games were against us, and according to him, his best game ever was against us. 

With Brady gone, I know we have the best shot ever to take this division, regardless of Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Never said he wasn't good. I'm just saying I think he gets too much credit for what he did in NE. Could he gave won a SB or two without Brady? Maybe. but he wouldn't have gotten to 11 championship games or whatever it was and 6 SBs without Brady. Give him a number of years without the greatest QB of all time and see what happens. If he gets to another SB without him, I will gladly eat crow

And Brady wouldn’t have gotten to 11 championship games without Belichick.  

jordan didn’t make it to one finals without Scottie or phil.  Jordan gets to much credit.

Phil didn’t make it to any finals without Jordan or Kobe.  Phil gets too much credit.  He has 11 titles, but none without goat type talents

steph couldn’t win an nba title without Kerr.  Steph gets too much credit. 

john wooden was a helluva coach. One of the best ever, but he gets too much credit.  Kareem, Walton, Hazzard and Goodrich made him look better than he was.  No

Jimmie Johnson is overrated, he wouldn’t have won anything if the cowboys weren’t so stacked. What did he accomplish in Miami?

you can make this argument for many greats.  Championships and sustained dominance isn’t achieved by one athlete or one coach.  

You’re entitled to you opinion.  It doesn’t mean many people will agree with you.  At my fantasy football draft this year, I had 3 guys screaming at the top of their lungs telling me how brady was a product of Belichick after i drafted Brady in the last round.  It’s their opinion.  Their entitled.  Doesn’t mean that they’re right.

Brady + Belichick = the best QBs coach combo ever.  Both have jobs that are graded on wins/losses and titles and each of them have achieved more than any other coach or QB in league history.  

sure, you can debate it, and you do a sound job of debating it.....but you didn’t change my mind.  You just sound like a bitter hater to me.  Jmo

27 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

How's his team doing this year?  And before we hear about covid nonsense that everyone is dealing with, as well as injuries, I'll throw it out there. 

Brady was NE, not Belichick. I think Belichick gets waaaay too much credit. It was Brady out in the field continuously shredding defenses and throwing dimes all over the field. 

2 minutes in a game and Brady with the ball struck fear in anyone with the lead.  Belichick wasn't executing out there, Brady was...over and over and over again. 

We've met our demise at the hands of Brady for decades. Some of his best games were against us, and according to him, his best game ever was against us. 

With Brady gone, I know we have the best shot ever to take this division, regardless of Belichick. 

Before we hear about this covid nonsense?  Lol.  They lost several starters on both sides of the ball. How can you say that doesn’t matter?  Obviously.....because it fits your argument 

look at the patriots current roster.  Seriously, look at it.

brady didn’t play well vs us for the last few seasons.  McDermott had his number. Belichicks D had our number x10.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

jordan didn’t make it to one finals without Scottie or phil.  Jordan gets to much credit.

Phil didn’t make it to any finals without Jordan or Kobe.  Phil gets too much credit.  He has 11 titles, but none without goat type talents

john wooden was a helluva coach. One of the best ever, but he gets too much credit.  Kareem, Walton, Hazzard and Goodrich made him look better than he was.  No

Jimmie Johnson is overrated, he wouldn’t have won anything if the cowboys weren’t so stacked. What did he accomplish in Miami?

you can make this argument for many greats.  Championships and sustained dominance isn’t achieved by one athlete or one coach.  

You’re entitled to you opinion.  It doesn’t mean many people will agree with you.  At my fantasy football draft this year, I had 3 guys screaming at the top of their lungs telling me how brady was a product of Belichick after i drafted Brady in the last round.  It’s their opinion.  Their entitled.  Doesn’t mean that they’re right.

Brady + Belichick = the best QBs coach combo ever.  Both have jobs that are graded on wins/losses and titles and each of them have achieved more than any other coach or QB in league history.  

sure, you can debate it, and you do a sound job of debating it.....but you didn’t change my mind.  You just sound like a bitter hater to me.  Jmo

Before we hear about this covid nonsense?  Lol.  They lost several starters on both sides of the ball. How can you say that doesn’t matter?  Obviously.....because it fits your argument 

brady didn’t play well vs us for the last few seasons.  McDermott had his number. Belichicks D had our number x10.  

He shredded us the first game we played last season completing nearly 80% and 300 yards.  Second game not so much. 

He was average against us in 2018 and shredded us again in 2017.

Belichicks defense didn't have our number, our terrible Qb play was our demise. 

Bradys "decline" was mainly due to lack of offensive weapons, which is evident by what he's doing this year, well into his 40s, with an entirely new team, system and coaching staff.  Each week he's getting even better as he gets more comfortable. 

There's really no doubt in my mind the Patriots would not be 2-4 with Tom Brady. Would they be perfect?  Probably not, but they definitely wouldn't have a losing record. I'd put them at least 4-2 with Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

look at the patriots current roster.  Seriously, look at it.

I'm not a hater. You just can't say that it's all Belichick when you look at what he did in Cleveland in 5 years there which was nothing. A 5-11 season his first year in NE without Brady 0-2 the next season before Bledsoe gets hurt without Brady. Look what Brady is doing now in TB. If the Bucs win the next 3 Superbowls and Brady is there for all 3, are you gonna talk about how amazing Bruce Arians is? How you can say it's more Belichick and not Brady is beyond me

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

He shredded us the first game we played last season completing nearly 80% and 300 yards.  Second game not so much. 

He was average against us in 2018 and shredded us again in 2017.

Belichicks defense didn't have our number, our terrible Qb play was our demise. 

Bradys "decline" was mainly due to lack of offensive weapons, which is evident by what he's doing this year, well into his 40s, with an entirely new team, system and coaching staff.  Each week he's getting even better as he gets more comfortable. 

There's really no doubt in my mind the Patriots would not be 2-4 with Tom Brady. Would they be perfect?  Probably not, but they definitely wouldn't have a losing record. I'd put them at least 4-2 with Brady. 

prior to the bradys last game vs the bills:   Brady is 5-0 vs. the Bills since head coach Sean McDermott, now in his third year, took on the challenge of rebuilding the former doormats, but the rest of Brady’s numbers in those games are atypically poor. Brady has thrown three touchdown passes and five interceptions vs. McDermott’s Bills. In the past two games combined, he has thrown one TD pass and three interceptions and has averaged a meager 4.38 yards per pass attempt.

what is Belichick known for?  Taking away what an offense does best.  He takes away teams best weapons.  The first few SBs, Tom Brady wasn’t the fuel that made the fire burn.  It was BBs defense. Brady got the job done and deserves credit, no question, but the D was what won them titles early on.....as well as the most recent one. 

I don’t want to waste my day talking about Belichick and Brady. You guys have fun hating on Belichick.  Toodles.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not a hater. You just can't say that it's all Belichick when you look at what he did in Cleveland in 5 years there which was nothing. A 5-11 season his first year in NE without Brady 0-2 the next season before Bledsoe gets hurt without Brady. Look what Brady is doing now in TB. If the Bucs win the next 3 Superbowls and Brady is there for all 3, are you gonna talk about how amazing Bruce Arians is? How you can say it's more Belichick and not Brady is beyond me

What are you even talking about man?

You’re just making stuff up. Please......where did I say it’s all Belichick?  I’ll save you the time.....I didn’t say it.  You won’t find it anywhere.  

BRADY IS THE GOAT.  BELICHICK HELPED HIM ACHIEVE GOAT STATUS, JUST LIKE BRADY HELPED BELICHICK ACHIEVE GOAT STATUS.  It doesn’t have to be one OR the other.  It can be BOTH.  It IS both. 

like I said to other dude, have fun with this, it’s not an enjoyable discussion.  I’m out. Have fun. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re just making stuff up. Please......where did I say it’s all Belichick?  I’ll save you the time.....I didn’t say it.  You won’t find it anywhere.  

BRADY IS THE GOAT.  BELICHICK HELPED HIM ACHIEVE GOAT STATUS, JUST LIKE BRADY HELPED BELICHICK ACHIEVE GOAT STATUS.  It doesn’t have to be one OR the other.  It can be BOTH.  It IS both. 

like I said to other dude, have fun with this, it’s not an enjoyable discussion.  I’m out. Have fun. 

I guess time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You're making it sound like all of NEs success is on Belichick. You make it sound like 11 championship games and 6 SBs would have happened regardless of who the QB was. I'm telling you Belichick is who he is and had that success because of Brady. His record prior and after Brady proves that you have to at least consider that.