GMF Peter Schrager LMAO

Anybody watch him do the Patriots highlights this morning?  He sounded so depressed and down lol.  I work from home so I watch this show every morning the past few months, he's been overhyping the Pats for months about how they're still the team to beat even w/out Brady, Belichick is a mastermind and he'll have this team competing for the division and blah blah blah.  Anybody that watched the Pats over the last 20 years knows that team goes how Brady goes.  He's been saving Belichicks butt for years, giving him crap receivers year in and year out and telling him to make it work.  I know the Bills haven't been impressive this season, but this guy always has some backhanded compliment when we play well and gets all giddy when we lose.  I don't think he's a Bills hater, I just think he's doing what the rest of the media does and kiss up to Belichick every chance he gets.  He argued with Kyle Brandt for a good 15 minutes on one episode when Brandt predicted the Bills to win the division, basically telling him the Pats were gonna win it because they have for the past 20 years leaving out the fact that #12 is gone and we've won the last 2 meetings against the Pats when Brady either doesn't play or doesn't play the whole game.

When I first heard Brady was leaving NE, I still believed the Patriots would be competitive because of their strong defense and excellent coaching staff.

I only began to doubt them when they led the NFL in COVID opt outs.   Belichick is a great coach.  But even a great coach can't win without good players and right now the Pats just don't have enough of them.  

Some people are just conservative by nature.  They have trouble believing in change until it happens.  I'm a bit that way.  I'm not surprised the Bills are leading the AFCE at this point but I am surprised the Pats are in 3rd.  I was predicting Bills, Pats, Fins, Jets.  It's just hard to imagine - despite contrary predictive evidence - a Pats fall of this magnitude.  

Even now, I'm not putting next week's game in the win column just yet.  Belichick has ruined too many Sundays for me to discount him.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 9

I mean - I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board that will agree.... Until we beat them - their record and our record means nothing.If we want to be crowned the true kings of our division we need to at least split the games we play this season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Anybody that watched the Pats over the last 20 years knows that team goes how Brady goes.  He's been saving Belichicks butt for years

I’d dispute this. BB is an incredible coach, probably the best ever and, certainly, a HOF’er. 

I am as glad to see their apparent demise as much as the next Bills fan but will never underestimate BB. Once he clears out the cap and restocks the cupboard, he’ll turn them around...again. 

• Like (+1) 3

I can one up this.... This morning on "First things first" Nick Wright(a complete clown) claimed the Pats had nothing to worry about because after they beat the bills this week they'll be a game back and the Bills will implode. Said and 8 pt win against the Jets should actually register as a loss..... I had a chuckle.

1 minute ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I mean - I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board that will agree.... Until we beat them - their record and our record means nothing.If we want to be crowned the true kings of our division we need to at least split the games we play this season.

Agreed.  The new king is crowned only when he forcibly takes the crown from the old king.

My biggest wish is that the Bills offense plays this week like it did the first four games.  Only better - with an effective ground game.  And the Bills D plays like it did the previous two years.  And Cam plays like he did against the 49ers.  And we win by 20+.   And this becomes the 'hit heard around the world' like when Stratton broke Lincoln. 

Farewell to old king.  Hail to the new king.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I first heard Brady was leaving NE, I still believed the Patriots would be competitive because of their strong defense and excellent coaching staff.

I only began to doubt them when they led the NFL in COVID opt outs.   Belichick is a great coach.  But even a great coach can't win without good players and right now the Pats just don't have enough of them.  

Some people are just conservative by nature.  They have trouble believing in change until it happens.  I'm a bit that way.  I'm not surprised the Bills are leading the AFCE at this point but I am surprised the Pats are in 3rd.  I was predicting Bills, Pats, Fins, Jets.  It's just hard to imagine - despite contrary predictive evidence - a Pats fall of this magnitude.  

COVID has hit the Patriots harder than any team.  Sure the Titans got hit hard, but the schedule gods gave them breaks and rest.  NE lost quality defensive players to opt outs and free agency.  Their starting QB1 and CB1 were lost for games and have had their schedule totally f'd with.  And then on top of that, they are working with a revolving OLINE, a banged up and aging WR1 and a bust for their other WR picks.  And I could not be happier... 🙂  I still remember that Randy Moss/Tom Brady game in Buffalo!!!!  I shall never mourn for this team.  Never.  I believe we are watching the changing of the guard.

Edited by wjag
biwt
  • Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’d dispute this. BB is an incredible coach, probably the best ever and, certainly, a HOF’er. 

I am as glad to see their apparent demise as much as the next Bills fan but will never underestimate BB. Once he clears out the cap and restocks the cupboard, he’ll turn them around...again. 

He needs to get to a SB without Brady to prove he didn't ride on Brady. Brady is the best QB ever. Any coach could have ridden Brady to even a couple SBs. Adam Gase would look great with Brady. He did nothing in Cleveland and didn't do anything his first year and two games in NE before Bledsoe got hurt and Brady came in and started history for them. People bring up the 2008 season where Brady was gone the whole year but that was also the year coming off a 16-0 season with pretty much the same team as the year before. No matter what QB he had, he was not gonna win 5 games after a 16-0 season. If he coaches for 5 more years and never sees another SB or doesn't get to the playoffs a couple times.or is one and done a few times, I think it proves he rode on the greatest QBs back his whole career

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Even now, I'm not putting next week's game in the win column just yet.  Belichick has ruined too many Sundays for me to discount him.  

They also lost a couple other strong players in FA too, VanNoy comes to mind and believe there was a second good player too.

I do wonder if Newton tweaked the shoulder again as the first couple of weeks he looked very good, lately not so good and I'm being nice about it.

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can one up this.... This morning on "First things first" Nick Wright(a complete clown) claimed the Pats had nothing to worry about because after they beat the bills this week they'll be a game back and the Bills will implode. Said and 8 pt win against the Jets should actually register as a loss..... I had a chuckle.

Lol they're a game behind the dolphins too though 🤣 and only 2 games in front of those very same terrible jets...its gonna feel strange rooting for the pats to beat the dolphins for once

Brady is the #1 reason the Pats were who they were. Marrone beat the Pats when Brady didn’t play the 2nd half and Rex blanked the Pats when Brady was suspended. We’ve had success against Belichick when Brady is out, hardly ever when he plays 

You take Brady off the Pats the past 20 seasons or how many it is, I think our record against the Pats is around the same as our record against the rest of the AFC East. I think we consistently split with them or sweep them, rarely getting swept ourselves.

I for one will never shed a tear either for BB nor the Cheatriots.  As good as a coach he has been he has cheated...worse yet he has been caught cheating AND penalized for it.  A convenient fact all Cheatriot fans like to readily dismiss.

What I thought was awesome in yesterdays game is Edlepuss when sitting next to Scam and BB came up and told Scam yer riding the bench the rest of the game.  Edlepuss had that whole smirk thing going, best part was the jokes on them......it is nice to see the whole operation go down the tubes without TB12

BB will quit before long....he will realize that TB12 was a generational thing......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Shrager is not half as bad as Ted Bruschi is.  I suffered through part of his pre-game and he blamed the Pats laughable loss to the Broncos because they only had 3 practices and Belichek hates uncertainty and doesnt take anything to chance.  But hey, i guess the other 31 NFL HCs love uncertainty and take it all to chance.

I would love to hear Bruschi excuse the that embarrassment of a Patriot display versus San Fran yesterday.  Cam looks real bad, the early season magic has run dry.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He needs to get to a SB without Brady to prove he didn't ride on Brady. Brady is the best QB ever. Any coach could have ridden Brady to even a couple SBs. Adam Gase would look great with Brady. He did nothing in Cleveland and didn't do anything his first year and two games in NE before Bledsoe got hurt and Brady came in and started history for them. People bring up the 2008 season where Brady was gone the whole year but that was also the year coming off a 16-0 season with pretty much the same team as the year before. No matter what QB he had, he was not gonna win 5 games after a 16-0 season. If he coaches for 5 more years and never sees another SB or doesn't get to the playoffs a couple times.or is one and done a few times, I think it proves he rode on the greatest QBs back his whole career

How many Super Bowls did parcels win without Belichick?  Belichick beat us in the SB when he was with the giants with a backup QB.

your take on the matter is inconsequential imo.  Only the biggest haters would agree with you that he’s not the greatest, if not one of the greatest coaches of all time.  He is absolutely a football genius, guru, mastermind....whatever you don’t want to call him.  He just is

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Shrager is not half as bad as Ted Bruschi is.  I suffered through part of his pre-game and he blamed the Pats laughable loss to the Broncos because they only had 3 practices and Belichek hates uncertainty and doesnt take anything to chance.  But hey, i guess the other 31 NFL HCs love uncertainty and take it all to chance.

I would love to hear Bruschi excuse the that embarrassment of a Patriot display versus San Fran yesterday.  Cam looks real bad, the early season magic has run dry.

He really is the worst “analyst” on tv.  This should  be his last

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How many Super Bowls did parcels win without Belichick?  Belichick beat us in the SB when he was with the giants with a backup QB.

your take on the matter is inconsequential imo.  Only the biggest haters would agree with you that he’s not the greatest, if not one of the greatest coaches of all time.  He is absolutely a football genius, guru, mastermind....whatever you don’t want to call him.  He just is

As much as I can't stand BB, I have to agree with you. They were hit the hardest by star players opting out. In a way I believe Kraft never truly thought Brady would leave. They lost more than any team from the end of last season to this one. It's just one of those years......... Not saying that I don't love watching Pats fans sulk or them have their problems as an organization, I still absolutely love it. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Screw that I want to BEAT them TWICE let them split with the jets , unless it’s a game that will be resting our starters and even then I still want to BEAT their A$$

Edited by Putin