Joe Marino podcast

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Fairburn is a tough listen.   First and foremost his voice makes it sound like he just had 3 xanax before the podcast and secondly he cant get off the Josh Allen stuff.  He actually drags Joe down a bit.  Just no enthusiasm on that pod once so ever.

The Locked on Pod is a good listen albeit a bit formulaic.   

He is very hard on Sean McDermott due to an altercation they had last year.  McDermott took issue with something he wrote and really tore into him at OBD.  

I think there’s resentment on both sides and sometimes you can hear it in press conferences

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Thought his podcast was common knowledge? I also recommend Cover 1 podcast, Bruce Nolan podcast, Buffalo Beat (joe B on Athletic) podcast as well....

You really do not need to listen to WGR much if you listen to the podcasts

Bruce Nolan is tremendous.  Just wish he would be himself instead of the Jim Carrey character from Bruce Almighty.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I will also endorse the podcast. I've tried some of the other Bills podcasts out there and they're just too disjointed for me to enjoy consistently. I listen to Joe Marino's every day because he genuinely makes really good points and he knows a lot about college players and the rest of the NFL. Worst part of the podcast IMO is Twitter Tuesday because some of the questions sent in are terrible, but still a hundred times better than drunk WGR callers.

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

You really do not need to listen to WGR much if you listen to the podcasts

But what if you really need to hear incoherent, circular ramblings(Tasker) or just love to hear Bulldog get repeatedly brainlocked on the word "I" and it's various contractions.    ("ayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay doh-no wadda mayka dis team").

I will say that by far best thing on WGR is in fact any show with Eric Wood on.   He's great.   He is so sorely missed on the game broadcasts.

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

Really like his format. 

Monday -  Victory Monday

Tuesday -  Twitter Tuesday - Answer questions

Wednesday - Preview of Game ahead

Thursday -  Cross over - Have a discussion with Opposing team writer

Friday -  Final Thoughts, Injuries,  Predictions (not just W/L)

Tuesday is now 'Herd Mentality' and he has a great podcast. 

Edited by TDRupp

9 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

No reason to think he's professionally trained but he sounds that way.  Strong voice, concise thoughts and his draft/player evaluation background gives his opinions insight that most of the others lack.  Opinionated = interesting while pigheaded = annoying.  One of his best takes was on DJ Metcalf.  While the whole NFL community dropped him down in 2019 he kept him top 5, I think.   His evals of Bills picks often fall in line with where Beane actually ended up taking them.

He is a professional at podcasting. It is one of his gigs.  He does Draft Dudes (also excellent!) and Locked on Bills podcasts and writes for the Draft Network.  No other jobs.  He is a pro!!

Edited by TDRupp

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He is very hard on Sean McDermott due to an altercation they had last year.  McDermott took issue with something he wrote and really tore into him at OBD.  

I think there’s resentment on both sides and sometimes you can hear it in press conferences

Bruce Nolan is tremendous.  Just wish he would be himself instead of the Jim Carrey character from Bruce Almighty.  

I heard about that.   Jerry Sullivan outed that information.

I listen to Joe Marino's pod every weekday morning, it drops just in time for my morning work commute.  As a fan from across the pond, I feel much more informed these days having listened to it regularly.

Like someone else mentioned above... he's really polished and could well end up doing something bigger/national someday.