Joe Marino podcast

I listen to Joe Marino "Locked on Bills" several times a week.  He works for The Draft Network, and is obviously a Bills fan.  You should check it out.  His review of yesterday's game was fair.  He said the Bills could have blown them out....we did get 6 scores on them, and the defense held the Jets to 4 net yards in the second half.  We had a touchdown wiped off the board.  This really was not a bad game.  He praised Zach Moss, Josh, Dane Jackson, and made some great points.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I listen to Joe Marino "Locked on Bills" several times a week.  He works for The Draft Network, and is obviously a Bills fan.  You should check it out.  His review of yesterday's game was fair.  He said the Bills could have blown them out....we did get 6 scores on them, and the defense held the Jets to 4 net yards in the second half.  We had a touchdown wiped off the board.  This really was not a bad game.  He praised Zach Moss, Josh, Dane Jackson, and made some great points.  

Sounds interesting, got a linky?

Yea I listen to most of them (tougher after losses but I think you learn more with those). I believe he and the cover 1 guys are the best out there for Bills coverage.

Buscaglia & Fairburn aren’t terrible they just annoy me personally. The 

• Like (+1) 5

Really like his format. 

Monday -  Victory Monday

Tuesday -  Twitter Tuesday - Answer questions

Wednesday - Preview of Game ahead

Thursday -  Cross over - Have a discussion with Opposing team writer

Friday -  Final Thoughts, Injuries,  Predictions (not just W/L)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Yea I listen to most of them (tougher after losses but I think you learn more with those). I believe he and the cover 1 guys are the best out there for Bills coverage.

I like Buscaglia when he gets into the nuts and bolts - for example where he's been analyzing the snap counts and results of different Bills DL rotations.

Because he doesn't present criteria for his grades, I personally don't find them too illuminating.

I find Fairburn's "I'll Second Guess the GM" schtick annoying

If you haven't check out Jim Kubiak at TBN.  His writing style is a bit pedestrian but he goes quarter by quarter breaking down Allen's play and usually has good insights.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Buscaglia is so smug and arrogant. He thinks he's special.

9 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Love joe Mariano 

No reason to think he's professionally trained but he sounds that way.  Strong voice, concise thoughts and his draft/player evaluation background gives his opinions insight that most of the others lack.  Opinionated = interesting while pigheaded = annoying.  One of his best takes was on DJ Metcalf.  While the whole NFL community dropped him down in 2019 he kept him top 5, I think.   His evals of Bills picks often fall in line with where Beane actually ended up taking them.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like Buscaglia when he gets into the nuts and bolts - for example where he's been analyzing the snap counts and results of different Bills DL rotations.

Because he doesn't present criteria for his grades, I personally don't find them too illuminating.

I find Fairburn's "I'll Second Guess the GM" schtick annoying

If you haven't check out Jim Kubiak at TBN.  His writing style is a bit pedestrian but he goes quarter by quarter breaking down Allen's play and usually has good insights.

Fairburn is a tough listen.   First and foremost his voice makes it sound like he just had 3 xanax before the podcast and secondly he cant get off the Josh Allen stuff.  He actually drags Joe down a bit.  Just no enthusiasm on that pod once so ever.

The Locked on Pod is a good listen albeit a bit formulaic.   

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Fairburn is a tough listen.   First and foremost his voice makes it sound like he just had 3 xanax before the podcast and secondly he cant get off the Josh Allen stuff.  He actually drags Joe down a bit.  Just no enthusiasm on that pod once so ever.

I'm not sure what you mean by "get off the Josh Allen stuff"?

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Locked on Pod is a good listen albeit a bit formulaic.   

I will check it out, Thanks!

7 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I've been listening to him the since last year.  He has a daily podcast, he also does interviews on WGR on the Howard and Jeremy show.

I listen to him and Rumblings podcast as well BUT ONLY after a win , after a loss I don’t want to hear NOTHING 

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Joe Marino is great.  I have yet to hear a guy from another team’s Locked On during the crossover segment that I feel is even close to Joe.

Would not be shocked to see him on a national sports program someday. 

He does do the national draft podcast for The Draft Network as well 

Big fan of Joe Marino and his Locked On Bills podcast. A staple of my work days since last season.

Always gives informed, reasonable takes. I really like the comprehensive primer he does on the opposition which is usually the Wednesday episodes and the Leftover Thoughts/Injury Round Up/Game Predictions he typically does on Fridays.