Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No it means we're favored by 2. This season home teams are getting 1.5 with no fans. On a normal year with fans and taking NE's current team situation we'd probably be -4.5 or -5.

Even 2 seems kind of low to me.

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Both team kind of suck? The Bills are 4-2 with losses to 2 of the top 6 teams in football.

Five and two.  5-2.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Andre Roberts?

Whups on Sal.

A bit surprised they put Dane Jackson back on the PS.  Would not be a surprise if another team tries to snipe him and we have to put him on the active if we want to keep him.

47 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And it's tough to nickle and dime a team down the length of the field with a below average rushing game and below average TE receiving production.  When we tried the same tactic against the Chiefs it worked as Mahomes and his receivers didn't really hurt us.  But the Chiefs TE's and running game killed us.

I know you're not happy with our tight ends and rightfully so, but I was happy with Kroft yesterday. I though he had a good game, except the one play where he lost his balance. I'm not sure how good his blocking is, I have not focused on him enough, maybe someone else can comment, but he's got good hands. He's a natural catcher of the ball. I know that's not saying much, but at least he can catch the daam ball. 

Maybe we can activate Sweeney, I was high in him the few times he was active last year. 

Definitely need more out of the tight end and RB positions.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ahh ok thanks for the update. That’s not good to hear. Let’s hope he’s back soon

Now mind you, especially on a short week last week, the reporters are only allowed to see a small portion of practice.  But that's what they saw from Levi.

1 minute ago, HomeTeam said:

I know you're not happy with our tight ends and rightfully so, but I was happy with Kroft yesterday. I though he had a good game, except the one play where he lost his balance. I'm not sure how good his blocking is, I have not focused on him enough, maybe someone else can comment, but he's got good hands. He's a natural catcher of the ball. I know that's not saying much, but at least he can catch the daam ball. 

Maybe we can activate Sweeney, I was high in him the few times he was active last year. 

Definitely need more out of the tight end and RB positions.

He's a good blocker.  Not perfect, not Lee Smith quality but technically sound.

• Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct.  But as yet, his only observed work on the sidelines has been exercise bike, no footwork with trainers.

Are you sure there weren't references to a Solar Reptilian Being in that talk?

What's the song?

I believe the song is WAP by Cardi B.  You should check it out

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He’s been struggling at 1 tech. Has played much better at 3

Butler played well in the second half at the one tech against the Jets but he struggled in the first half. And even playing well against the Jets isn't that much to write home about. While their center is actually decent, he isn't a mauler in the ground game and their guards aren't that great, at best Lewis and Van Rotten are mid-level backup caliber players. This team desperately needs to trade for a true one tech. I think Butler can rotate at the one tech in more passing oriented situations like a 2nd and long but they have to have someone like a Devin Tomlinson who can clog the middle on first down and running situations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Honest question...do you have stats handy for this (please and thanks)? My eyes have read it differently I guess...I know Butler can play both (seemingly all our current DTs can and I think that's played a part in the early season struggles), but I thought he was doing well at 1T and getting some push. Butler also has the size/stature to play 1T on paper compared to anyone else on the roster. Oliver and Jefferson are way too small to be playing 1T in my opinion and 3T suits their skill sets a lot better. 

I don’t have the stats in front of me. Just going by what I saw. One of the reporters said zimmer at 1 and butler at 3 was solid against the chefs so I tried to see if that continued. From the plays I watched, when Butler was at 3T he seemed to play much better.  

Butler is kind of like Jordan Phillips where his size suggests 1T but he’s better at 3T

One play stood out later in the game where Butler was at 3 and had the guard go one way then he hit him with a spin move that would make Dwight Freeney proud. Was impressive watching someone that size move like that

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Butler played well in the second half at the one tech against the Jets but he struggled in the first half. And even playing well against the Jets isn't that much to write home about. While their center is actually decent, he isn't a mauler in the ground game and their guards aren't that great, at best Lewis and Van Rotten are mid-level backup caliber players. This team desperately needs to trade for a true one tech. I think Butler can rotate at the one tech in more passing oriented situations like a 2nd and long but they have to have someone like a Devin Tomlinson who can clog the middle on first down and running situations.

I could be wrong but I saw Butler at 3T in the second half and he impressed a couple times from that spot

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I could be wrong but I saw Butler at 3T in the second half. 

I'll be straight, I'm getting freakin' dizzy trying to keep track of our DL rotations and who is playing where when.

Joe B has been doing some good stuff on it, but I'm not sure even with tracking it as a serious part of a paid job that he's keeping it totally straight.

It's been dizzying.

• Like (+1) 2

Let me know when we can start using "the Patsies" again.

I love how Pats fans always say they're not bandwagon, but half of the comments on twitter are some variation of "football is supposed to be fun, and it's not right now...why should I stick with this team?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Let me know when we can start using "the Patsies" again.

I love how Pats fans always say they're not bandwagon, but half of the comments on twitter are some variation of "football is supposed to be fun, and it's not right now...why should I stick with this team?"

Allot of there fans think we are going to beat them this week, allot of ours believe we won't. It's the we suck mentality to there oh yeah we suck worse mentality, quite a change from Pats fans for the last 18 years.

11 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I hate to call this a "statement" game but that's what I think it is next Sunday.  The Bills look to be the superior team although they haven't played up to their potential for the past 3 weeks.  Chalk it up to a lot of issues, interruptions in the schedule, injuries, and such.  Maybe the defense pulled out of their funk in the second half yesterday?  And the offense needs to finish drives with TD's and not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, some questionable play calls, and poor execution.  But this is a game they should win against the Patriots. 

We know what NE is likely to do here.  On offense focus on a running game with Newton and the RB's mixing in some short passing while running some clock.  And on defense bringing pressure, a spy on Allen, and scheming to take away the over the top passes while making Josh take short and check down throws.  The big thing is absolutely none of this should be a surprise or a secret.  Much of it they've done for years against the Bills with great success.  But this time the team has much more talent on offense than in the past.  So there is absolutely no excuse for the coaching staff on both sides of the ball to not have a decent game plan ready to counter these strategies and the team ready to execute it.  

You are right this is a statement game a team has owned us for 20 years I wouldn’t care if they were 1-6 any time for the next 20 we should try to kill the pats. We owe them big time kick them while there down who cares they poured it on us. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

It's just the reality of the situation and vegas always knows, in fact you can argue that if we played 30 other NFL teams yesterday and we likely lose.

Jets are terrible and by far the worst team in the league, but a struggling Pats team is still a much tougher opponent on paper since they have a proven coach and still have key talent on the roster.

I think the Bills lose and probably lose by 10+ points, but if we do find a way to win it will be a last second come from behind type of deal for sure....24 -23 type of game.

I have no idea who will win.  Buffalo looks to have the better team.  I have a hard time seeing the Pats* lose 4 straight but games are not played on paper and a last second come from behind win is still a win.   Brady and the Pats* have lots of them.  

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

Yep thats pretty much accurate record wise. More or less without Brady he is a .500 coach. I don't blame BB for the last season in CLE and the record they had the move of the team blew everything to bits it was full on chaos. It is interesting because in terms of longevity only Don Shula really went a run like this and he missed at points the playoffs.

Just took a look back.  He is 53-66 without him.  .445 winning percentage.  Not easy without a good qb.