YoloinOhio

Week 8: Patriots at Bills

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Watch every pass be to the right this week. I could see belichick doing that. 

Yeah, what’s up with this? Is it a result of stellar DB’s on one side of the field in each of those games? Is Cam’s shoulder an issue again?

This just seems so strange. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

I mean this is basically the division right here. We win, go to 4-0 in the East and pretty much doom the Pats to a 3rd place finish. Then, we will just have to worry about the Dolphins who are starting a rookie all of a sudden. It's right here, boys! 

No pressure..

IMO, if they beat the Pats handily, they truly have taken a step. If they eek by them like the Broncos did, the win is nice but a bit meh.

If they lose, Same Old Bills...

• Haha (+1) 1

You'd think if anyone would be able to find a way to neutralize Cam, it's McDermott. And Cam has looked awful lately.

I'm pretty confident, though you know BB can slow down Josh and he knows Daboll.

I think Bills win, but it'll be closer than it should be. Pats will play angry after last week.

Edited by EersN'Bills

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO, if they beat the Pats handily, they truly have taken a step. If they eek by them like the Broncos did, the win is nice but a bit meh.

If they lose, Same Old Bills...

at least you have everything covered

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

So Cam was benched does he stay benched?

Based on Belichick’s post-game comments, it sounded like they want to figure out what needs changing with their current players, not a replacement. Stidham is not exactly a world beater and looked marginally better in the passing game without being a real physical threat to keep anyone honest with his running game.

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

The last time the Patriots were under .500 at this point of a season was 2002, when they were 3-4 heading into the first "Bledsoe Bowl" against the Bills. They beat a 5-3 Bills team 38-7 at the Ralph that week.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Is that on Daboll or Allen? I’d say good job by Daboll getting players open, bad job by Allen finding the open man. 

The OLINE has been a bit porous these last few games..  I've seen DLINE running wild in the Bills backfield these last three games.

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

what does this have to do with this year?  does it make you happy remembering what happened 18 years ago?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

what does this have to do with this year?  does it make you happy remembering what happened 18 years ago?

Pattern recognition is a human trait.

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Levi Wallace for this week- He is technically eligible to return off IR, correct?

Yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Pattern recognition is a human trait.

We have a tendency to find patterns where none exist. See QAnon. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

We have a tendency to find patterns where none exist. See QAnon. 

The Bills starting hot and fading is not one of them...

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

The Bills starting hot and fading is not one of them...

Because it happened twice in the last 20 years? That’s not a pattern.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting? More like worthless. That has nothing to do with either of these teams anymore. 

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Because it happened twice in the last 20 years? That’s not a pattern.

Exactly. Like they teach in journalism school: once is nothing, two is a coincidence, three is a trend. 

Um, wow: 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/sports/football/patriots-49ers.html

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

I understood every word!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

tl;dr

"It's not fun when I suck."