Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Week 8: Patriots at Bills

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Watch every pass be to the right this week. I could see belichick doing that. 


Yeah, what’s up with this? Is it a result of stellar DB’s on one side of the field in each of those games? Is Cam’s shoulder an issue again?

 

This just seems so strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

I mean this is basically the division right here. We win, go to 4-0 in the East and pretty much doom the Pats to a 3rd place finish. Then, we will just have to worry about the Dolphins who are starting a rookie all of a sudden. It's right here, boys! 

 

 

 

 

No pressure..

IMO, if they beat the Pats handily, they truly have taken a step. If they eek by them like the Broncos did, the win is nice but a bit meh.

 

If they lose, Same Old Bills...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think if anyone would be able to find a way to neutralize Cam, it's McDermott. And Cam has looked awful lately.

 

I'm pretty confident, though you know BB can slow down Josh and he knows Daboll.

 

I think Bills win, but it'll be closer than it should be. Pats will play angry after last week.

Edited by EersN'Bills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO, if they beat the Pats handily, they truly have taken a step. If they eek by them like the Broncos did, the win is nice but a bit meh.

 

If they lose, Same Old Bills...

at least you have everything covered

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris heff said:

So Cam was benched does he stay benched?

Based on Belichick’s post-game comments, it sounded like they want to figure out what needs changing with their current players, not a replacement. Stidham is not exactly a world beater and looked marginally better in the passing game without being a real physical threat to keep anyone honest with his running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

 

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

 

Quote
The last time the Patriots were under .500 at this point of a season was 2002, when they were 3-4 heading into the first "Bledsoe Bowl" against the Bills. They beat a 5-3 Bills team 38-7 at the Ralph that week.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Is that on Daboll or Allen? I’d say good job by Daboll getting players open, bad job by Allen finding the open man. 

 

The OLINE has been a bit porous these last few games..  I've seen DLINE running wild in the Bills backfield these last three games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

 

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

 

 

what does this have to do with this year?  does it make you happy remembering what happened 18 years ago?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, teef said:

what does this have to do with this year?  does it make you happy remembering what happened 18 years ago?

Pattern recognition is a human trait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Levi Wallace for this week- He is technically eligible to return off IR, correct?

Yes

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Pattern recognition is a human trait.

 

We have a tendency to find patterns where none exist. See QAnon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

 

We have a tendency to find patterns where none exist. See QAnon. 

The Bills starting hot and fading is not one of them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

The Bills starting hot and fading is not one of them...


Because it happened twice in the last 20 years? That’s not a pattern.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

 

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

 

 

Worth noting? More like worthless. That has nothing to do with either of these teams anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


Because it happened twice in the last 20 years? That’s not a pattern.

 

Exactly. Like they teach in journalism school: once is nothing, two is a coincidence, three is a trend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, wow: 

 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

 

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/sports/football/patriots-49ers.html

Edited by dave mcbride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

 

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/sports/football/patriots-49ers.html

I understood every word!

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

 

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/sports/football/patriots-49ers.html

tl;dr

 

"It's not fun when I suck."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...