Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

I hate to call this a "statement" game but that's what I think it is next Sunday.  The Bills look to be the superior team although they haven't played up to their potential for the past 3 weeks.  Chalk it up to a lot of issues, interruptions in the schedule, injuries, and such.  Maybe the defense pulled out of their funk in the second half yesterday?  And the offense needs to finish drives with TD's and not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, some questionable play calls, and poor execution.  But this is a game they should win against the Patriots. 

We know what NE is likely to do here.  On offense focus on a running game with Newton and the RB's mixing in some short passing while running some clock.  And on defense bringing pressure, a spy on Allen, and scheming to take away the over the top passes while making Josh take short and check down throws.  The big thing is absolutely none of this should be a surprise or a secret.  Much of it they've done for years against the Bills with great success.  But this time the team has much more talent on offense than in the past.  So there is absolutely no excuse for the coaching staff on both sides of the ball to not have a decent game plan ready to counter these strategies and the team ready to execute it.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Newton's throwing motion looks like it did last season when he was playing with a right shoulder injury.  Maybe all the running in the first few weeks has him injured again.  He was routinely bouncing passes in front of open receivers.  Nothing about his performance yesterday has me worried about the upcoming game.  The only thing that bothers me right now is Dabol's play selection in the red zone. Beasley was open at the goal line repeatedly with no targets. Running Singletary into the weak side of the formation with no lead block failed repeatedly also. It was one of his worse games as a play caller.  Hopefully, he sees the need to change things up to play Bellicheat.

Is that on Daboll or Allen? I’d say good job by Daboll getting players open, bad job by Allen finding the open man. 

• Like (+1) 2

Of course we get NE coming off two brutal home losses.  Like they won’t be super motivated to get things right.  

But seeing as the Bills have lost a zillion games to NE and McDermott hasn’t beaten the hoodie, Buffalo’s motivation to win should trump anything from the Pats side. They’ve been our daddy for way too long.  i want to see a pummeling 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just shows that Brady carried them. 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Combination of last year and this year says we can beat this team and probably easily... but will we? I for one am getting exhausted by the back and forth of these Bills. 

if it was easy anyone could do it....😀

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, zow2 said:

Of course we get NE coming off two brutal home losses.  Like they won’t be super motivated to get things right.  

But seeing as the Bills have lost a zillion games to NE and McDermott hasn’t beaten the hoodie, Buffalo’s motivation to win should trump anything from the Pats side. They’ve been our daddy for way too long.  i want to see a pummeling 

Would you prefer the Patriots have won and be closer to us for the division?

Motivation is not measurable and plays a part, sure. But........

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

at least 5 on the LOS all day with run and pass blitzes. Get Josh running early so he settles himself down. Take what the D gives you. Dont be afraid of Gilmore, lots of comeback routes with Diggs. 

at least 5 on the LOS all day with run and pass blitzes. Get Josh running early so he settles himself down. Take what the D gives you. Dont be afraid of Gilmore, lots of comeback routes with Diggs. 

Are you gonna get the papers get the papers?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

I mean this is basically the division right here. We win, go to 4-0 in the East and pretty much doom the Pats to a 3rd place finish. Then, we will just have to worry about the Dolphins who are starting a rookie all of a sudden. It's right here, boys! 

No pressure..

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Watch every pass be to the right this week. I could see belichick doing that. 

Yeah, what’s up with this? Is it a result of stellar DB’s on one side of the field in each of those games? Is Cam’s shoulder an issue again?

This just seems so strange. 

You'd think if anyone would be able to find a way to neutralize Cam, it's McDermott. And Cam has looked awful lately.

I'm pretty confident, though you know BB can slow down Josh and he knows Daboll.

I think Bills win, but it'll be closer than it should be. Pats will play angry after last week.

Edited by EersN'Bills

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO, if they beat the Pats handily, they truly have taken a step. If they eek by them like the Broncos did, the win is nice but a bit meh.

If they lose, Same Old Bills...

at least you have everything covered

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

So Cam was benched does he stay benched?

Based on Belichick’s post-game comments, it sounded like they want to figure out what needs changing with their current players, not a replacement. Stidham is not exactly a world beater and looked marginally better in the passing game without being a real physical threat to keep anyone honest with his running game.