Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, fast*eddie said:

The Bills will need more than just Field Goals to beat the Patriots ! The team needs to wake up !

Broncos beat the patriots with only FGs a couple weeks ago.

I do agree the team needs to wake up. We should be destroying teams

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

This ^

When teams faced the Bills last season, it was “stop the run and force Allen to play quarterback”.

The first four opponents we faced this year did the same thing, only Allen responsed by playing quarterback at a high level and whipping their defenses.

Now teams are taking the opposite approach:  play soft zones and force the run game and short passing game to beat you. Don’t let Allen beat you long. That’s how teams are playing Mahomes now. Teams are defending Allen and the Bills offense the same way they defend Mahomes and the Chiefs.

The easiest way to force defenses out of this approach and open the passing game back up is to run the ball well and for Allen to continue to be patient and smart. 

195,000x this.

And, by the way, the way teams are having to handle our offense right now is a REALLY good thing, for us.

I’m entirely expecting multiple and detailed special teams games this weekend. It’s a BB staple, and I haven’t really seen much from them in this department so far this year. 

Watch for some trickery on their punt block, kick returns, punt fakes or onside kicks. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least for them to take a shot and get force a spark to get things moving.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

When you’ve been used and abused for 20 years straight, you expect another beating. 

odds are against us, but you never know. 

I mean, literally the odds are for us... Not sure where ya guys come up with this stuff. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 97bills said:

You are right this is a statement game a team has owned us for 20 years I wouldn’t care if they were 1-6 any time for the next 20 we should try to kill the pats. We owe them big time kick them while there down who cares they poured it on us. 

I want to see this team pour it on Belichick. How many times have they run it up on us. If we have a chance to embarrass him you do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Belichick as GM.

Yep, he isn’t a great college scout, I’d say he is average.

We will see some posters defending him, always happens whenever I point out he isn’t very good at drafting. A good QB in the right scheme can some deficiencies, Belichick is on his own now and it’s not looking good. 

Despite the Bills’ struggles I was surprised to see the line at only -3.5 this morning...opened at -3 so there is a bit of sharp money coming in on Buffalo.

Man, there is SO much respect for Belichick.  People really think he’ll turn that chicken poop roster into chicken salad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There is zero doubt in my mind the Patriots will beat us on Sunday.  The hoody has our number and unfortunately he will be inside Josh’s head.  I have to believe that is a major concern of the bills staff this week.  I wouldn’t be surprised if our offense tries to protect Josh more this week. I would look for a more balanced attack.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Singletary runs for over 100 yards.   Problem is down close.  We don’t have a big back. Maybe we can get one this week

• Haha (+1) 2

If the Bills don't have a game plan to exploit their weaknesses, I will lose all faith in the regime.  This is the biggest game of the season, and with the history of this team, you better be prepared.  If this team continues to look completely outcoached, I will never be able to shake the notion.  The Bills are a team that seem to carry over a lot of the past games play.  I really hope that 2nd half vs the Jets was a turning point.

11 minutes ago, DDCC said:

There is zero doubt in my mind the Patriots will beat us on Sunday.  The hoody has our number and unfortunately he will be inside Josh’s head.  I have to believe that is a major concern of the bills staff this week.  I wouldn’t be surprised if our offense tries to protect Josh more this week. I would look for a more balanced attack.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Singletary runs for over 100 yards.   Problem is down close.  We don’t have a big back. Maybe we can get one this week

If Singletary rushes for 100 yards we probably win this game , as far as not having a Big back I think Moss fits that description and I hope he gets even more touches this week , he run hard against the Jests and IMO was more impressive then Singletary 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

If the Bills don't have a game plan to exploit their weaknesses, I will lose all faith in the regime.  This is the biggest game of the season, and with the history of this team, you better be prepared.  If this team continues to look completely outcoached, I will never be able to shake the notion.  The Bills are a team that seem to carry over a lot of the past games play.  I really hope that 2nd half vs the Jets was a turning point.

They really need to clean up the penalties. What did they have 11 penalties for 100 yards. They were able to get away with it playing a clown show but against an average team they will lose.

• Like (+1) 2