Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh Yeah!   Daboll setting up to run the ball off tackle all day on SUN.  Lee would wear a Seventy Something number if they permitted it!

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

23 MPH winds w gusts up to 40 MPH.

Beach Weather!  Shorts in order

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't expect Daboll to shut down Josh Allen's arm.  As Beane said it's one of the main reasons they drafted him.

Sunday is going to be one interesting game!

I think RPOs could be very effective, especially given the weather.  I wish we were deeper at the TE position for this game.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. They have a roster exemption for Covid Knox 

What are you saying here regarding Knox?  Is there a possibility he plays?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, AKC said:

Of those elements of Allen’s game where there have not been improvement this season, ball protection in the pocket and on the run are the most pronounced. I have no doubt Pats* practices this week included a large dose of showing lanes on passing downs to entice Allen to run and then having 11 players going for the strip. He’s the easiest QB to strip on the run that I can ever recall in our uni. Josh just doesn’t have the awareness running backs get trained in because he has too many other things to work on in practice and the offseason and that’s exacerbated by his unwillingness to slide. I’d like to see him leave the running Sunday to our RBs. Belichick will also have them working for strips on every Singletary touch. That could be to our benefit if Devin turns that into a lot of broken tackles. Belichick will bet the other side of that proposition. Also our changeup in Moss could really have a big game for the same reason. He’s a tough tackle anyway and if they don’t focus 100% on bringing him right down he could burn them for some big gains. I like our chances a lot if turnovers don’t kill us.

Good observation about Allen, but i think allowing him open running lanes would be a horrible mistake and strategy, even with his tendancy to put one on the ground.

12 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think RPOs could be very effective, especially given the weather.  I wish we were deeper at the TE position for this game.

What are you saying here regarding Knox?  Is there a possibility he plays?

No, Knox is still on the list but because of that they get a roster exemption meaning they don’t need to cut a player to activate Levi 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Good observation about Allen, but i think allowing him open running lanes would be a horrible mistake and strategy, even with his tendancy to put one on the ground.

It’s like the calculation on STs of whether to send your KO out of the end zone to avoid a return but sacrifice the chance of a turnover or penalty. I’m not suggesting they’ll leave the field wide open for him but I‘ll be surprised if they don’t make it look like there’s room to run when possible.  A spy or defender can stack himself and hide from view for periods of time on most plays.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So the Pats* have a mediocre slot receiver in Byrd and 3 other WRs who have a total combined career reception numbering 35.

Career Catches:

Meyers 31 catches.

Olszewski 3 catches.

Zubber 1 catch.

I'll ask my question again.  What type of D nullifies these WRs and gives the best run stopping game?

All remembering that the Pats* don't have any big TE threats.

Career Catches:

Izzo 13 catches.

Keane 1 catch.

Asiasi 0 catches.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

So the Pats* have a mediocre slot receiver in Byrd and 3 other WRs who have a total combined career reception numbering 35.

Career Catches:

Meyers 31 catches.

Olszewski 3 catches.

Zubber 1 catch.

I'll ask my question again.  What type of D nullifies these WRs and gives the best run stopping game?

All remembering that the Pats* don't have any big TE threats.

Career Catches:

Izzo 13 catches.

Keane 1 catch.

Asiasi 0 catches.

Play 1:1 on the outside with Tre white on Byrd, load the box 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Play 1:1 on the outside with Tre white on Byrd, load the box 

So I kind of think the same.  White follows Byrd wherever he lines up and 1 on 1 with any other WRs lined up.

Does this leave 3 LBs most of the game?

This is such a crazy scenario that I'm going to ask another crazy question.

With Hyde maybe out, would there be times the Bills do not have a FS and go with 2 SS?

Not just asking you Yolo.  I'm truly interested as I have stated "this is a crazy scenario" with the wind and no WR/TE big threats.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

So I kind of think the same.  White follows Byrd wherever he lines up and 1 on 1 with any other WRs lined up.

Does this leave 3 LBs most of the game?

This is such a crazy scenario that I'm going to ask another crazy question.

With Hyde maybe out, would there be times the Bills do not have a FS and go with 2 SS?

Not just asking you Yolo.  I'm truly interested as I have stated "this is a crazy scenario" with the wind and no WR/TE big threats.

I think if Hyde is out for a game this is a good one because I just don’t see needing him back there in the passing game. I assume we will see Marlowe up in the box 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if Hyde is out for a game this is a good one because I just don’t see needing him back there in the passing game. I assume we will see Marlowe up in the box 

Marlowe in the box makes sense.  I'm thinking because Cam is not know for a quick release that the outside corners play off a little on these

weak receivers to keep their eyes forward for the run.

Bills D shuts down this running game and it could be a good day to be a Buffalo Bills fan! 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Could even go *5 with the first INT against the Titans bouncing off of Roberts hands (not the best pass but really more of a fluky INT).

Yeah, but I figured most of the QB’s have one or two like that... rarely do you see the refs reach into their hindpots and illegally gift one like that.