Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

No Gilmore, No Harry and No Davis....not that we need them to be down guys since we are vastly more talented. But thats some good news. 

It is huge if they don’t have Gilmore because they have other good CBs and will play 5 at a time in coverage. So being down the best one alters that plan. JC Jackson has been really good at CB2. How would he be in gilmores role? And I’m not convinced the bills won’t throw the ball in the weather. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is huge if they don’t have Gilmore because they have other good CBs and will play 5 at a time in coverage. So being down the best one alters that plan. JC Jackson has been really good at CB2. How would he be in gilmores role? And I’m not convinced the bills won’t throw the ball in the weather. 

im quite convinced we WILL throw the football (unless its a downpour, which its not supposed to be - and even then I think we throw). We are a passing offense. Period. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

im quite convinced we WILL throw the football (unless its a downpour, which its not supposed to be - and even then I think we throw). We are a passing offense. Period. 

Have you been following the weather forecasts?  It's supposed to be extremely windy all game, to the point of possibly controlling the way the game is played.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Have you been following the weather forecasts?  It's supposed to be extremely windy all game, to the point of possibly controlling the way the game is played.

yes, but I said nothing about the wind. I was referring to the rain. Wind is overrated when it comes to effecting the passing game, especially with Josh's arm. 

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

yes, but I said nothing about the wind. I was referring to the rain. Wind is overrated when it comes to effecting the passing game, especially with Josh's arm. 

Wish I could agree. I’ve seen some of the strongest arms ever reduced to noodles in the face of winds gusts at the stadium. Especially if they’re of the swirling variety closer to field level. If they aren’t swirling, but still sustained at over 20 mph with 40 mph gusts, then I like Josh’s chances in two of the four quarters. But winds that high will wreck havoc, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't expect Daboll to shut down Josh Allen's arm.  As Beane said it's one of the main reasons they drafted him.

Sunday is going to be one interesting game!

Yeah...this scares. I know we want a strong arm guy in swirling winds of Buff, but damn when the weather is really bad, even the K gun knew when to run. Daboll seems overtly stubborn and this may make us turn the ball over.

40mph gust can knock anyones ball off course.

7 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yeah...this scares. I know we want a strong arm guy in swirling winds of Buff, but damn when the weather is really bad, even the K gun knew when to run. Daboll seems overtly stubborn and this may make us turn the ball over.

The good news is this will limit or even negate Pats passing game.  I think we sell out on the run and dare them to beat us with their bad receivers and declining Cam.  I think the underneath throws and shorter crossing routes will still be in play for us as well.

26 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Pretty sure I've heard players say that rain isn't much of a factor compared to the wind

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The K- gun had Thurman who was the heart and soul of the offense. Those Bills teams really were a run first offense despite Jim, Andre, James and the no-huddle. This Bills team just can't run which is odd being a cold weather football team in the northeast. Beane will have to fix that this offseason.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The good news is this will limit or even negate Pats passing game.  I think we sell out on the run and dare them to beat us with their bad receivers and declining Cam.  I think the underneath throws and shorter crossing routes will still be in play for us as well.

This is a good point. Their passing game was already terrible. These winds should completely

negate it. If Josh can’t throw to his receivers in this wind, Cam definitely can’t. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm not expecting Josh to throw the ball 40 times Sunday.  I said in my post I don't expect Daboll to shut down Josh and the passing game completely.

There could be a lot of YAC yards with passes over the middle to Beasley and Diggs.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not expecting Josh to throw the ball 40 times Sunday.  I said in my post I don't expect Daboll to shut down Josh and the passing game completely.

There could be a lot of YAC yards with passes over the middle to Beasley and Diggs.

Lets hope the Mongo factor pushes more runs. I really think working those sweeps would be effective too.

• Like (+1) 1

Of those elements of Allen’s game where there have not been improvement this season, ball protection in the pocket and on the run are the most pronounced. I have no doubt Pats* practices this week included a large dose of showing lanes on passing downs to entice Allen to run and then having 11 players going for the strip. He’s the easiest QB to strip on the run that I can ever recall in our uni. Josh just doesn’t have the awareness running backs get trained in because he has too many other things to work on in practice and the offseason and that’s exacerbated by his unwillingness to slide. I’d like to see him leave the running Sunday to our RBs. Belichick will also have them working for strips on every Singletary touch. That could be to our benefit if Devin turns that into a lot of broken tackles. Belichick will bet the other side of that proposition. Also our changeup in Moss could really have a big game for the same reason. He’s a tough tackle anyway and if they don’t focus 100% on bringing him right down he could burn them for some big gains. I like our chances a lot if turnovers don’t kill us.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

...all I want to see is "Prince" lamenting in his presser, fedora and all, about the "L"........with "Purple Rain" playing in the background.......

• Like (+1) 1