Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Never count a BB coached patriots team out, especially when their backs are against the wall.

Don’t fool yourself, this is going to be an extremely tough game this weekend.

Wait...are you saying that nobody circles the wagons like....the New England Patriots?!  Well...that doesn't sound right.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Never count a BB coached patriots team out, especially when their backs are against the wall.

Don’t fool yourself, this is going to be an extremely tough game this weekend.

We aren't KC.  All games are tough.  It will be the same next week and the week after and the week after and the week after...

• Like (+1) 1

A positive sign of the times/state of the franchise:

I'm way more concerned about our own injury report and the weather than I am about New England themselves. Bad weather levels the playing field a bit and for the first time in a long while, that favors the Pats. 

If we can stop NE's rushing attack, we win this game. It's really that simple. 

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

They are terrible.

A narrow win without a touchdown would not be a good thing for our confidence after zero touchdowns against the Jets.

We need to show something on offense. In my opinion only.

you just need to win the game

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-at-bills-time-channel-prediction-how-to-live-stream-watch-pivotal-afc-east-showdown/ar-BB1axJaQ?ocid=msedgdhp

New England has struggled in multiple areas this season, but none more apparent than the passing game. Heading into Week 8, the Patriots have thrown for the second-fewest yards in the league (1,261), the least amount of passing touchdowns (three) and a league-high 11 interceptions. You could argue that the unit hit rock-bottom last week against the 49ers when Cam Newton was benched in the second half after throwing for just 98 yards and three interceptions. While Newton's inefficiency is unquestionably a key reason why New England is struggling, he's not alone. The Patriots pass catchers have done next to nothing to help him break out of his funk. This year, Pats wide receivers rank 27th in receptions, 29th in receiving yards, and dead last in the NFL in touchdown receptions. To make matters worse, the unit will be without Julian Edelman for the foreseeable future after undergoing a procedure on his knee. Defensively, the Patriots have taken a step back from the top-three unit they were a year ago. Now, opponents have been able to put up points, especially when they commit to running the ball where New England ranks 27th in the league. 

The Bills, meanwhile, saw Josh Allen start the year off extremely hot, but the emerging quarterback has cooled down in recent weeks. After an opening four games where he averaged 331.5 passing yards per game on a 70.95 completion percentage to go along with 12 touchdowns and just one pick, Allen's totals have dipped. Coming into Sunday's contest, Allen owns a 63.06 completion percentage and has thrown for just 692 yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions over the past three games. To help cushion that cooldown against New England, the Bills will need to run the ball with better efficiency with Devin Singletary and rookie Zack Moss. As evidence from the 49ers' 197-yard and four-touchdown rushing performance in Week 7, the Patriots defense can be run on. Buffalo simply needs to capitalize on it. 

Prediction

While I don't think that anyone would argue that Buffalo isn't currently the superior team, I do think that the Patriots are catching them at the right time. Josh Allen is starting to cool off, their defense isn't as sturdy as it's been in the past, and there will be no fans in the stands for what otherwise would be a House of Horrors for Bill Belichick and company at Bills Stadium. I foresee the Patriots coming out extremely desperate and exposing one key weakness that the Bills have: stopping the run. According to Football Outsiders, Buffalo's run defense efficiency ranks just 26th in the NFL, right below the Patriots. With a quarterback like Cam Newton, who has shown his ability to do damage on the ground, along with emerging second-year back Damien Harris, New England has the horses to attack this weakness, pull off the upset and live to fight another day. As for what the rest of our CBS Sports experts think, click here. 

Score: New England 24, Buffalo 17

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-at-bills-time-channel-prediction-how-to-live-stream-watch-pivotal-afc-east-showdown/ar-BB1axJaQ?ocid=msedgdhp

New England has struggled in multiple areas this season, but none more apparent than the passing game. Heading into Week 8, the Patriots have thrown for the second-fewest yards in the league (1,261), the least amount of passing touchdowns (three) and a league-high 11 interceptions. You could argue that the unit hit rock-bottom last week against the 49ers when Cam Newton was benched in the second half after throwing for just 98 yards and three interceptions. While Newton's inefficiency is unquestionably a key reason why New England is struggling, he's not alone. The Patriots pass catchers have done next to nothing to help him break out of his funk. This year, Pats wide receivers rank 27th in receptions, 29th in receiving yards, and dead last in the NFL in touchdown receptions. To make matters worse, the unit will be without Julian Edelman for the foreseeable future after undergoing a procedure on his knee. Defensively, the Patriots have taken a step back from the top-three unit they were a year ago. Now, opponents have been able to put up points, especially when they commit to running the ball where New England ranks 27th in the league. 

The Bills, meanwhile, saw Josh Allen start the year off extremely hot, but the emerging quarterback has cooled down in recent weeks. After an opening four games where he averaged 331.5 passing yards per game on a 70.95 completion percentage to go along with 12 touchdowns and just one pick, Allen's totals have dipped. Coming into Sunday's contest, Allen owns a 63.06 completion percentage and has thrown for just 692 yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions over the past three games. To help cushion that cooldown against New England, the Bills will need to run the ball with better efficiency with Devin Singletary and rookie Zack Moss. As evidence from the 49ers' 197-yard and four-touchdown rushing performance in Week 7, the Patriots defense can be run on. Buffalo simply needs to capitalize on it. 

Prediction

While I don't think that anyone would argue that Buffalo isn't currently the superior team, I do think that the Patriots are catching them at the right time. Josh Allen is starting to cool off, their defense isn't as sturdy as it's been in the past, and there will be no fans in the stands for what otherwise would be a House of Horrors for Bill Belichick and company at Bills Stadium. I foresee the Patriots coming out extremely desperate and exposing one key weakness that the Bills have: stopping the run. According to Football Outsiders, Buffalo's run defense efficiency ranks just 26th in the NFL, right below the Patriots. With a quarterback like Cam Newton, who has shown his ability to do damage on the ground, along with emerging second-year back Damien Harris, New England has the horses to attack this weakness, pull off the upset and live to fight another day. As for what the rest of our CBS Sports experts think, click here. 

Oh yes, those stud horses such as Damiere Byrd, Gunner Olszewski and Jakobi Meyers. Not even the great Belichick can make that receiver Corp competent. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Prediction

When has Bills Stadium ever been a House of Horrors for the Pats? Over the past 20 years they usually kick the crap out of the Bills in OP. I think this year will be different but NE doesn't mind playing here. Miami is where they have struggled over the years not Buffalo.

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Prediction

If the Bills are looking to play the “disrespect” card, this is the time. You’re 5-2 and facing a 2-4 team that’s lost 3 straight, and it seems like a lot of national talking heads are picking against you...at home...against a very injured team.

• Like (+1) 6

The National media today totally drinking the Pats kool aid as a sleeping giant, disrespected, old prize fighter with tricks up his sleeve. They are almost universally picking the Pats. They dont even care who or who is not playing. 

I hope the Bills are watching this, because it just kills me, and no one talks about us in the coverage. Not even any intelligent breakdowns of the game....just Pats mystique and Billicheck genius owning the Bills talk. A lot of Cam's angry guy zoom yada....man can we just play this game?

I beg of you football gods....give us revenge. I don't think Ive wanted the team to win so bad in so long.

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

My big fear is the wind and rain , coupled with stubborn Daboll, leading to turnovers or 3 and outs.

We know the Pats will just run....what will we do in these conditions? 

BTW not aware of Cam doing well in poor conditions either...

Edmunds gonna be shooting those gaps like a boss all game.