Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

and 3rd loss in four weeks with Seattle up next.

Oh, absolutely!!  I don't think anyone here doesn't define this as a game where the Bills ought to "take care of business"

But having lived through the roller-coaster ride that were the Bills Superbowl years, I regularly saw them lose games they "should have won" based on record, injuries, favorable matchups etc....and win games they were predicted to lose based on the other team's superior whatever-it-was.

I think the Bills players have it right when they point out that the margin between a losing team and a winning team is often very small, fractions of a second or inches or a couple calls or a handful of plays.  So a lesser team can win and a better team can lose every week.

Turning a specific game into some kind of referendum on the HC (as the "hot seat" post suggested) in the face of an overall successful season would be silly.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sounds his knee has a bad case of "I'm not going to be playing here soon anyway"-itus.

Its a case of the dreaded Spain sore foot syndrome... 

38 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You’ll have to ask the person that brought it up if you suspect that the definition is different from the colloquialism we’ve come to know.

Nope. If they go 10-6 with 2 losses to NE****** they’ll still win the division and host a playoff game—something that hasn’t been done here in 25 years.

Man I hadn’t thought of that. The Ralph hasn’t had a playoff game in 25 years and that could be a real possibility this year. Not to get political but they’ve gotta figure this Covid thing out. Gotta be fans in the stands if Buffalo gets a home playoff game. 

49 minutes ago, wjag said:

If you dig a little deeper, you find NE is really banged up, consider:

RB: 1st: Damien Harris: Q

WR: 1st: Julian Edelman: O

WR: 1st: N'Keal Harry: Q

WR: 3rd: Marqise Lee: O

LT/RT: 1st: Justin Herren: Q

RG: 1st: Shaq Mason: Q

RT: 4th: Marcus Cannon: O

LG: 2nd: Joe Thuney: Q

RT: 2nd: Jermaine Eluemunor: IR

RT: 3rd: Yodny Cajuste: IR

LDE: 1st: Lawrence Guy: Q

WLB: 2nd: Shillique Calhoun: Q

WLB: 3rd: Josh Uche, IR

SLB: 1st: John Simon: Q

RILB: 2nd: Brandon Copeland: IR

FS: 3rd: Kyle Dugger: Q

NT: 2nd: Carl Davis: Q

NT: 3rd: Michael Bennett: IR

SS: 3rd: Cody Davis: IR

SS: 4th: Brandon King: O

RCB: 1st: Stephon Gilmore: Q

And of course Covidions:

RB: 1st: Sony Michel

...been following this club since 1962 and all I care about is a "W" weekly.....don't care about the past...it cannot be changed.......sad part is even if we get the home "W" on Sunday, I'm prepared for the gnats surfacing with "well, big deal, we beat the Bradyless Pats".......OR....."so what, they're on a down slide"......sadly there will be a contingent to down play the "W"....BUT I hope I am DEAD WRONG...stay tuned......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Justin C said:

I could see the Patriots pulling out the Navy triple option all game Sunday With no WRs, windy conditions and Cam's arm shot, I could see them pulling out something like that and running the ball 40+ times.

Had the exact same thought.  There was an article (sorry it's behind a paywall) in the Washington Post earlier this year about Bellichick studying the Navy offense...

Edited by loedward22
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

John Brown is the key.

Healthy John Brown = Bills win

I was thinking that too. But maybe not if we get conditions anything like that one game against the pats. And from everything im hearing on the forecast, its gonna be bad.

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...been following this club since 1962 and all I care about is a "W" weekly.....don't care about the past...it cannot be changed.......sad part is even if we get the home "W" on Sunday, I'm prepared for the gnats surfacing with "well, big deal, we beat the Bradyless Pats".......OR....."so what, they're on a down slide"......sadly there will be a contingent to down play the "W"....BUT I hope I am DEAD WRONG...stay tuned......

You are not wrong...  NOT even close to being wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

never did i say in my post that i speculate him getting fired. i just said they would lite a fire under his but if we lost. get your cards straight

captain injury report... great coaches find ways to win

Possibly the greatest coach ever is currently 2-4.  

Edited by Scott7975

On 10/27/2020 at 11:28 PM, Putin said:

To be honest I  want to win this game so bad I don’t care what the score is , 24-17 or 3-0  just want us to get that stinky monkey of our back 

Would you settle for a 4-3 win (2 Oliver safety's v a FG)??

After last week, I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

From the files of "Did you know?"

Did you know the Buffalo Bills have a 4-3 record against Bill Belichick coached teams that didn't have Tom Brady as a starting QB?

Well Belichick has a losing record without Brady so that is not surprising